CSNbbs
WF wins hoops opener! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Atlantic Team Talk (/forum-345.html)
+----- Forum: Wake Forest (/forum-348.html)
+----- Thread: WF wins hoops opener! (/thread-18415.html)

- Lucy - 11-16-2004 10:12 AM

<a href='http://wakeforestsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/111504aab.html' target='_blank'>97-76 win over George Washington in Preseason NIT</a>

Wake advances to play VCU on Thursday, 11/18 at 7 pm.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>GO DEACS!!</span>

- #1bearcatfan - 11-16-2004 05:43 PM

Not a very impressive win if I must say!

- techfan4 - 11-16-2004 07:43 PM

Much closer than I expected for a #2 team at home with the students ya'll have. But, this could be the start of another weird ACC season...never know...

- Lucy - 11-17-2004 07:35 AM

#1bearcatfan Wrote:Not a very impressive win if I must say!
Whatever. In case you hadn't noticed, exhibition season is over & the real games have begun. GW will probably end up an 8 seed in the NCAAs and a 21 point win early in the season over a potential tournament team is nothing to sneeze at.

Yes, we need to work on our free throws & not committing stupid turnovers. The D was definitely better in the 2nd half which shows improvement from last year in that the team isn't letting a close score count them out...they're changing up what needs to change on the floor & focusing on the end result: a win. Having a healthy Vytas Danelius back gives us much more versatility on lineup changes too.

What no one remembers is that last year's WFU team lost a couple games in the first week or two in the season, and still went on to the Sweet 16. I'm confident that this team will do that & more.

I'm thinking the Wake win over Cincy will impress you more. :angel:

- Lucy - 11-17-2004 07:40 AM

techfan4 Wrote:Much closer than I expected for a #2 team at home with the students ya'll have. But, this could be the start of another weird ACC season...never know...
Tech beat Div. II Kennesaw State by 20. I think that is a much closer score & something to be more concerned about than Wake's 21 point win over a peer school. 03-wink

- Lush - 12-01-2004 09:38 AM

Lucy Wrote:
#1bearcatfan Wrote:Not a very impressive win if I must say!
Whatever. In case you hadn't noticed, exhibition season is over & the real games have begun. GW will probably end up an 8 seed in the NCAAs and a 21 point win early in the season over a potential tournament team is nothing to sneeze at.

Yes, we need to work on our free throws & not committing stupid turnovers. The D was definitely better in the 2nd half which shows improvement from last year in that the team isn't letting a close score count them out...they're changing up what needs to change on the floor & focusing on the end result: a win. Having a healthy Vytas Danelius back gives us much more versatility on lineup changes too.

What no one remembers is that last year's WFU team lost a couple games in the first week or two in the season, and still went on to the Sweet 16. I'm confident that this team will do that & more.

I'm thinking the Wake win over Cincy will impress you more. :angel:
I really wouldn't be impressed with a win over Cincy. I honestly don't think Cincy will beat Wake. That's just a well balanced ball club. I know it's a home game for us, so that should make things a bit more even, but then again, we almost lost to a mid major by a lot a couple of games ago. As of right now, I don't see Cincy beating Wake. All I know is that if history has taught us anything, it's that this is going to be a high scoring exciting game to watch.

peace.