CSNbbs
Shot of the Day - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Shot of the Day (/thread-219641.html)

- rickheel - 01-03-2004 06:15 PM

I thought I had seen the shot of the day when Fitch of Kentucky hit the three with 29 seconds left in the UNC game, but the young lady from Duke hitting a three as time expired at UCONN to beat the Lady Huskies by one was amazing. 04-bow

- JoltinJacket - 01-04-2004 12:22 AM

The comeback was also amazing. I didn't watch any of the game, but I saw on the ESPN Bottom Line the UConn had a lead of 18 at one point, and it was 9 with 90 seconds left. :eek:

- bringbackhornsby - 01-04-2004 12:28 AM

Yeah let's hear it for the girl from Australia for finally putting down UCONN and Geno. Couldn't believe the great comeback Duke had today. Being a former female college athlete, i'm glad to see some excitement on nationally televised games!

- WazzuCoug82 - 01-04-2004 05:41 AM

This was a true awesome comeback by #4 Duke. I thought I had seen it all last year when UCONN was beaten in the Big East Championship right before the NCAA tournament last year. I was just hoping Duke would have a better showing then last year at Cameron Indoor and they did in the last 8 minutes or so.

I watched the whole game and I am actually trying to get my hands on a copy of the tape.

- nate jonesacc - 01-04-2004 12:01 PM

How fitting... When Jessica Foley chose Duke over UConn, Geno made some snide comments about australians being alcoholics and only "picking logos, not schools"... or some crap like that.

I had given up on that game... down 16 with 4 minutes left... UConn just couldn't handle the full court press.

Gotta hand it to Taurasi though, she is a player. 04-bow

Fitch's shot was def. the shot of the day for the men, however.