CSNbbs
The next Batman Movie???? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: The next Batman Movie???? (/thread-230864.html)

Pages: 1 2

The next Batman Movie???? - GrayBeard - 08-01-2006 09:52 AM

Seems they are going to have Heath Ledger play the Joker and possibly Dusty from Twister play The Penguin.

Umm, hey guys, Jack is The Joker and Danny Devito is the Penguin. Sheesh, why don't you screw something up.

Dumb Casting for Batman!

- DrTorch - 08-01-2006 01:06 PM

Uh, didn't they end Batman Begins so that it fit into the continuity of the others? I had to read lips on the plane, but that is the impression I got. Except that his mansion burned down. That was a dumb piece to the plot.

BTW, I got Batman on VHS at a yard sale. It sucks. I remember thinking parts were great and parts sucked the first time I saw it...but this time it was all bad.

- Bourgeois_Rage - 08-01-2006 03:18 PM

They did end it that way, but they are making a sequel to the new movie wih the Joker, so thy are retelling it. Different Universe.

Oh and Cesar Romero is the only real Joker for me.
[Image: 200px-Cesar_Romero_Joker.gif]

Re: The next Batman Movie???? - blah - 08-01-2006 03:43 PM

GrayBeard Wrote:possibly Dusty from Twister play The Penguin.

a.k.a. Philip Seymour Hoffman

It is funny that you picked that film to mention him, seeing as he has been in so many.

Re: The next Batman Movie???? - GrayBeard - 08-01-2006 03:55 PM

blah Wrote:

It is funny that you picked that film to mention him, seeing as he has been in so many.

But that was his best role to date!

Re: The next Batman Movie???? - Brookes Owl - 08-01-2006 04:39 PM

GrayBeard Wrote:
blah Wrote:

Better than Sandy in Along Came Polly?
Quote:Sandy Lyle: Reuben, I'm in a situation here. We have to leave now.
Reuben Feffer: No. Can we stay a couple more minutes?
Sandy Lyle: Dude, no. This is serious. I just sharted.
Reuben Feffer: I don't know what that means.
Sandy Lyle: I tried to fart and a little sh!t came out. I just sharted. Now let's go.

Re: The next Batman Movie???? - GrayBeard - 08-01-2006 04:40 PM

Brookes Owl Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:
blah Wrote:

Better than Sandy in Along Came Polly?
Quote:Sandy Lyle: Reuben, I'm in a situation here. We have to leave now.
Reuben Feffer: No. Can we stay a couple more minutes?
Sandy Lyle: Dude, no. This is serious. I just sharted.
Reuben Feffer: I don't know what that means.
Sandy Lyle: I tried to fart and a little sh!t came out. I just sharted. Now let's go.

Good One, but....

[Image: 20192278.jpg]

- blah - 08-01-2006 05:06 PM

I was thinking of the sharted thing too.

But, he has also been:

the villian in the new Mi:3
The untrusting firend in The Talented Mr. Ripley
Capote in Capote
Blackmailer on Punch Drunk Love
Doctor in Patch Adams
Fat homo guy in Boogie Nights

Probably more, but I thought he was pretty memorable in the above roles.

- Brookes Owl - 08-01-2006 06:02 PM

Well, I was being facetious for the most part (I thought GB was too). IMO, none of the Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney Batmans are anywhere near classics, so remaking/retelling one isn't a very big deal to me. Having Philip Seymour Hoffman play the Penguin will likely turn out to be a fantastic choice. Nicholson's Joker was great and DeVito's Penguin wasn't bad, but because the movies were mediocre at best (Torch - I'm with you - I fell asleep during the first Batman on its opening night), I don't think those roles are untouchable.

- PirateTreasureNC - 08-01-2006 09:05 PM

Batman and Batman Begins are awesome.... I can see issues w/ Batman Returns and Forever....and anyone who liked " & Robin should have their head examined.

I like the Paul Bettany for Joker rumor myself...

- RaiderATO - 08-01-2006 11:55 PM

The movie didn't end allowing it to follow the plots of the "previous" movies.

The Joker in "batman" is the person who killed his parents. In "Batman Begins" the person who kills his parents is shot leaving the courthouse. "Batman" wasn't planned to have sequels, and follow the original plot of the comics. "Begins" (I believe) follows the line of the comics more. But it really doesn't matter. I'll go watch a re-vamp of the Batmans any time.

- PirateTreasureNC - 08-02-2006 12:12 AM

Raider_ATO Wrote:The movie didn't end allowing it to follow the plots of the "previous" movies.

The Joker in "batman" is the person who killed his parents. In "Batman Begins" the person who kills his parents is shot leaving the courthouse. "Batman" wasn't planned to have sequels, and follow the original plot of the comics. "Begins" (I believe) follows the line of the comics more. But it really doesn't matter. I'll go watch a re-vamp of the Batmans any time.

I'd have to disagree that sequells weren't in the works while Batman (Keaton's #1) was in production.

I think the issue with brining back the Joker is that Jack Nicholson did such an incredibily GREAT JOB at it in Batman that getting another actor to play the same part with the same "persona/style/_____" that Jack did is a tough task.

Hell any Batman movie is better than Batman and Robin :owned:

- rteynor - 08-02-2006 12:54 PM

Cesar Romero and Burgess Meredith have all new Jokers & Penguins beat. Hands down.

[Image: penguin1.jpg]

Besides, you can't have BOTH of them in the same movie!!!

- Shrakk - 08-03-2006 02:24 PM

they had both the joker and penguin in Scooby Doo back in the day.

- mlb - 08-03-2006 02:29 PM

I always thought the best Batman was the one with Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne and Jack Nicholson as the Joker.

- DrTorch - 08-04-2006 11:52 AM

rteynor Wrote:Cesar Romero and Burgess Meredith have all new Jokers & Penguins beat. Hands down.

[Image: penguin1.jpg]

I totally agree with you here. The villains made the TV show, and frankly were great.

Quote:Besides, you can't have BOTH of them in the same movie!!!

Who says?!
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0060153/Ss/0060153/BatmanVillians.jpg

- GrayBeard - 08-14-2006 09:39 AM

I watched Batman Begins this weekend, and I must say that it is by far the bast Batman movie to date. I am now excited about the upcoming Batman Flicks!

- PirateTreasureNC - 08-14-2006 09:54 AM

GrayBeard Wrote:I watched Batman Begins this weekend, and I must say that it is by far the bast Batman movie to date. I am now excited about the upcoming Batman Flicks!

JUST WATCHED IT GB?

I think Batman ( Michael Keaton's first) and Batman Begins are the best of the "5" movies. Joker in the first one really stole the show and was less comedic/comic booky than the three sequells that followed.

Batman Begins was all about a kick ass bat man.

I just hope the the Bat Tank (aka the Tumbler) returns and they don't start putting on neons and crap. Bat Tank was the hottness-- its like Batmans SUV.

- GrayBeard - 08-14-2006 09:56 AM

PirateTreasureNC Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:I watched Batman Begins this weekend, and I must say that it is by far the bast Batman movie to date. I am now excited about the upcoming Batman Flicks!

JUST WATCHED IT GB?

I think Batman ( Michael Keaton's first) and Batman Begins are the best of the "5" movies. Joker in the first one really stole the show and was less comedic/comic booky than the three sequells that followed.

I just hope the the Bat Tank (aka the Tumbler) returns and they don't start putting on neons and crap. Bat Tank was the hottness-- its like Batmans SUV.

Yes, I just watched it. While I thought the Tumbler was great, I am not sure about it being "the hottness".

- PirateTreasureNC - 08-14-2006 09:59 AM

GrayBeard Wrote:
PirateTreasureNC Wrote:

JUST WATCHED IT GB?

Yes, I just watched it. While I thought the Tumbler was great, I am not sure about it being "the hottness".

ITS A BLACK TANK w/ a ROCKET ENGINE and big azz knobby tires...its the hotness 03-melodramatic If you want cool get Keaton's first batmobile for picking up chicks..get the bat tank for taking super villians lmfao