CSNbbs
any "sports bars" in Athens to avoid as opposing fan ? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Coastal Team Talk (/forum-346.html)
+----- Forum: Georgia Tech (/forum-350.html)
+----- Thread: any "sports bars" in Athens to avoid as opposing fan ? (/thread-274474.html)

any "sports bars" in Athens to avoid as opposing fan ? - sparkomemphis - 01-15-2008 07:50 PM

Memphis takes on UGA in baseball in March ,
on March 8th the Memphis basketball team plays at 1PM EST and the baseball team plays at 3PM EST. I want to find some place to catch most of the basketball game
before heading over to the baseball field.

As an opposing fan in Athens are there any places to avoid ?

RE: any "sports bars" in Athens to avoid as opposing fan ? - JoltinJacket - 01-18-2008 07:31 AM

Just avoid wear any opposing team colors/gear. If not, you open yourself up to get cursed at, liquids thrown at, or have your are keyed. No kidding.

RE: any "sports bars" in Athens to avoid as opposing fan ? - GTigers - 01-23-2008 05:28 PM

Um, i dont think Athens cares about baseball fans or basketball fans. Plus you can bond with the Dawgs over your hatred for UTk.

RE: any "sports bars" in Athens to avoid as opposing fan ? - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-27-2008 11:55 PM

GTigers Wrote:you can bond with the Dawgs

^^ Clearly not so much of a GT fan

RE: any "sports bars" in Athens to avoid as opposing fan ? - GTigers - 01-28-2008 10:58 AM

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
GTigers Wrote:you can bond with the Dawgs

^^ Clearly not so much of a GT fan

My fiance is a UGA grad, so what can i say. I know they hate UTk as much as Memphis fans do, and i dont think a Memphis grad has anything against UGA (that i know of).

RE: any "sports bars" in Athens to avoid as opposing fan ? - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-30-2008 11:30 PM

GTigers Wrote:My fiance is a UGA grad,

Blasphemy!!!! 05-nono

RE: any "sports bars" in Athens to avoid as opposing fan ? - TigerFoosball - 02-12-2008 10:40 AM

It won't matter since its not during a football game, going there for a weekend when Tech was playing UGA was the only time I got crap. I was there after New Years and wore a Tech shirt to piss off all my high school buddies. We went all over and nobody said anything to me.