CSNbbs
Spammers/Scammers...what to do?.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Spammers/Scammers...what to do?.... (/thread-301485.html)

Spammers/Scammers...what to do?.... - GrayBeard - 06-09-2008 03:53 PM

At work, we get pounded with blast faxes from scammers/spammers. They all have "call to be removed" lines, but from what I understand those don't work.

Do you guys have any thoughts about how to annoy these guys in return? Any thoughts?

RE: Spammers/Scammers...what to do?.... - SouthGAEagle - 06-09-2008 04:39 PM

Does your fax machine show the fax number that it is coming from?

One Friday around 5:00 pm, get three pieces of black construction paper and some scotch tape. Tape the 3 pieces together and feed it into the machine. Call the number. When the first piece comes out the front of the fax, tape it to the end of the 3rd piece making a endless loop. Have a good weekend. 03-wink

RE: Spammers/Scammers...what to do?.... - blah - 06-09-2008 05:39 PM

GrayBeard Wrote:At work, we get pounded with blast faxes from scammers/spammers. They all have "call to be removed" lines, but from what I understand those don't work.

Do you guys have any thoughts about how to annoy these guys in return? Any thoughts?

1. I don't know how it is in Cali, but in my state, I think you have to opt-in to get unsolicited faxes.

2. I have had pretty good luck with the "opt-out" numbers. I think if you call and they don't remove you, you can sue them.

3. My buddy got sued for an unsolicited e-mail and the fine was pretty substantial. Needless to say he doesn't do that anymore...