CSNbbs
Gene Chizik to Auburn! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Gene Chizik to Auburn! (/thread-334559.html)

Pages: 1 2

Gene Chizik to Auburn! - mlb - 12-13-2008 06:16 PM

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

Auburn fans must feel like this... 03-nutkick

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - bitcruncher - 12-13-2008 06:22 PM

This has got to go down as one of the stupidest hirings ever by an SEC program. It will spell the end Auburn's AD if this doesn't pan out next season. They don't tolerate failure down there...

Shoot, they barely tolerated Tuberville's success...

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - RC Horn - 12-13-2008 11:17 PM

Being very familiar with Gene Chizik, this is a very good move on the part of Auburn. He's an outstanding coach despite his record at Iowa State.

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - georgia_tech_swagger - 12-13-2008 11:35 PM

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

I hear Chan Gailey is available, too!

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - bitcruncher - 12-14-2008 10:42 AM

RC Horn Wrote:Being very familiar with Gene Chizik, this is a very good move on the part of Auburn. He's an outstanding coach despite his record at Iowa State.
Chizak was a good coordinator, but he's been elevated to his level of incompetence. Auburn will never compete in the SEC West with Chizak at the helm. Bet on it...

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - georgia_tech_swagger - 12-14-2008 11:19 AM

I give Chiz 2 ... very very doubtful 3 years. I give the AD just as long.

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - Terpy - 12-14-2008 01:51 PM

For some reason I think this will work out better than people are thinking.

I dont know a whole lot about Chizik, just a hunch.

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - bitcruncher - 12-14-2008 05:21 PM

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:I give Chiz 2 ... very very doubtful 3 years. I give the AD just as long.
You're generous, dude. Bobby Lowder isn't so charitable...

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - Rebel - 12-14-2008 07:28 PM

RC Horn Wrote:Being very familiar with Gene Chizik, this is a very good move on the part of Auburn. He's an outstanding coach despite his record at Iowa State.

Um, his record IS his experience. If he can't pull off more wins than that at ISU, he damn sure isn't going to get it done at AU. I'd have rather seen Turner Gill on the plains. At LEAST he has accomplished something. Getting Buffalo from the ESPN's Bottom Ten, consistently, to winning the MAC and bowl eligibility is something in of itself.

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - Rebel - 12-14-2008 07:34 PM

BTW, THANKS AUBURN! Of the teams that poach talent from Mississippi, that's one school down. Only about 4 more to go.

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - bitcruncher - 12-14-2008 07:49 PM

I figure Houston Nutt will keep some of 'em in state now...

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - RC Horn - 12-16-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:For some reason I think this will work out better than people are thinking.

I dont know a whole lot about Chizik, just a hunch.

I think so too obviously. Gene Chizik had a lot to do with our MNC run in 2005. True, he was part of a coaching staff for a team that would have won the SEC that year going away. Let's just say that many in Norman, OK cheered out loud on bulletin boards when Chizik left our program. That's the kind of coach he is.

Quote:Um, his record IS his experience. If he can't pull off more wins than that at ISU, he damn sure isn't going to get it done at AU.

Uh, we're talking about Iowa State here not Nebraska. Iowa State is one of those dead end ijobs just like Mississippi State. It's extremely hard to win there unless you hire a Jackie Sherrill type coach. Even if you hire a coach like that, it's still extremely hard to win . Chizik's familiar with the SEC and I believe that he will do well there. Can he match Saban though? That will be the main question he has to answer.

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - mlb - 12-16-2008 11:03 AM

So you think he is better than Tuberville, RC Horn?

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - Rebel - 12-16-2008 11:56 AM

RC Horn Wrote:I think so too obviously. Gene Chizik had a lot to do with our MNC run in 2005. True, he was part of a coaching staff for a team that would have won the SEC that year going away. Let's just say that many in Norman, OK cheered out loud on bulletin boards when Chizik left our program. That's the kind of coach he is.

Ed Orgeron was Pete Carroll's right hand man and assistant Head Coach. Before he helped them win the national championship, he helped the University of Miami win theirs. When he finally obtained a HEAD coaching position, well, just take a look at Ole Miss from '04-'07.

An assistant coach doesn't mean one is actually qualified to be a head coach. I'd have rather have seen Turner Gill on the Plains.

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - bitcruncher - 12-16-2008 12:29 PM

Turner Gill would have been a great choice. Imagine Buffalo's offense, with the talent level you could get @ Auburn. He would have given Alabama a run for the money every year, no matter how good the Tide became.

That Auburn chose otherwise doesn't surprise me at all. The State of Alabama is a whole 'nother world...

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - Terpy - 12-16-2008 01:45 PM

Rebel Wrote:Ed Orgeron was Pete Carroll's right hand man and assistant Head Coach. Before he helped them win the national championship, he helped the University of Miami win theirs. When he finally obtained a HEAD coaching position, well, just take a look at Ole Miss from '04-'07.

Quote:Iowa State is one of those dead end ijobs just like Mississippi.
03-nutkick

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - Rebel - 12-16-2008 02:52 PM

Terpy Wrote:
Rebel Wrote:Ed Orgeron was Pete Carroll's right hand man and assistant Head Coach. Before he helped them win the national championship, he helped the University of Miami win theirs. When he finally obtained a HEAD coaching position, well, just take a look at Ole Miss from '04-'07.

03-nutkick

What was "actually" posted:

Quote:
Uh, we're talking about Iowa State here not Nebraska. Iowa State is one of those dead end ijobs just like Mississippi State.

BTW, last time I checked, the Cotton Bowl is head and shoulders over the friggin' Roady's Humanitarian Bowl.

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - mlb - 12-16-2008 03:01 PM

Hey, Maryland hit 600 total tickets sold to Boise this week, Rebel!

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - Terpy - 12-16-2008 04:39 PM

Rebel Wrote:
Terpy Wrote:

03-nutkick

What was "actually" posted:

Quote:
Uh, we're talking about Iowa State here not Nebraska. Iowa State is one of those dead end ijobs just like Mississippi State.

BTW, last time I checked, the Cotton Bowl is head and shoulders over the friggin' Roady's Humanitarian Bowl.

My point was Ole Miss is just a shade above Miss State in terms of college football relevance, which is probably why you always pick whichever SEC is hot to pimp all year. *cough*georgia*cough*

Look its a joke I changed the text in the quote to take a cheap shot at your team.

Last I checked Ole Miss hadn't won an SEC championship since the Kennedy Administration.

RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn! - Terpy - 12-16-2008 04:41 PM

mlb Wrote:Hey, Maryland hit 600 total tickets sold to Boise this week, Rebel!
Yeah and your team is going to lose to Sean Glennon LOL