CSNbbs
Bill Blankenship and staff doing a very solid - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Tulsa (/forum-436.html)
+------ Forum: Tulsa Recruits (/forum-435.html)
+------ Thread: Bill Blankenship and staff doing a very solid (/thread-478223.html)

Bill Blankenship and staff doing a very solid - TulsaEye - 01-29-2011 04:48 PM

Job on this recruiting class. Twenty commits and eleven of them 3*'s. TG's Pitt class looks pretty sad so far.04-rock

RE: Bill Blankenship and staff doing a very solid - rabidTU - 01-29-2011 06:59 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if TG and company pick up some late commits, but at this point it does look a little bleak for them. BB has had some success hanging onto several kids, but the jury is still out IMO. I'm always skeptical if we sign players that don't have many offers and are basically "easy signs". If there's no/little competition for a kid then he'd naturally come here if offered. On the bright side, I like the idea of us going bigger in the line and WR this year. That Victory Christian kid (Lee) definitely passes the eye test and if we make a mistake on a lineman, I'd want it to be on a kid we thought had a lot of potential.

RE: Bill Blankenship and staff doing a very solid - rabidTU - 01-29-2011 07:41 PM

Another thing I just don't get is this: If a kid has no offers and is deeply interested in attending TU, why not just invite him to walk on and save the "ship". I think we may be giving away a few "panic" schollies late in the process.

RE: Bill Blankenship and staff doing a very solid - TulsaEye - 01-30-2011 01:57 PM

Wondering a bit my self. Looking at the commits list some really stick out as undersized compared to the rest of the list. Don't know what they base their evaluations on. The coaching staff projecting they will grow couple of inches, put on a good amount of weight? Have superior motors, a bit of nastiness maybe? I have no idea my self.

RE: Bill Blankenship and staff doing a very solid - Tallgrass - 01-30-2011 08:03 PM

I like the way Blankenship finished up strong by recruiting DTs and DEs.

Tulsa is up to 24 verbals this Sunday evening but I am guesss 2 or 3 of the will greyshirt. I wouldn't be surprised to see some more 'ships handed out. There are still some strong recruits from Oklahoma who have not committed.