CSNbbs
Problem logging on with my laptop - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: Board Tech Support (/forum-545.html)
+---- Thread: Problem logging on with my laptop (/thread-562322.html)

Problem logging on with my laptop - delflash - 03-20-2012 10:00 AM

When I am using my desktop computer, I am able to log into and use the MACbbs site just as I always have, with no problems . However, when I try to log in on my laptop, I see a message that I am logged in, but I am really not and the screen indicates "guest". Also, there is advertising from "College Sports" interspersed among the regular posts. Do you know what could be causing these problems?

RE: Problem logging on with my laptop - RaiderATO - 03-20-2012 06:26 PM

(03-20-2012 10:00 AM)delflash Wrote:  When I am using my desktop computer, I am able to log into and use the MACbbs site just as I always have, with no problems . However, when I try to log in on my laptop, I see a message that I am logged in, but I am really not and the screen indicates "guest". Also, there is advertising from "College Sports" interspersed among the regular posts. Do you know what could be causing these problems?

-The ads show up for non-registered viewers. Since you're not logged in, that's that answer.

-Now for WHY you're not logged in, make sure you're directed at csnbbs.com instead of NCAAbbs.com. Clearing your cookies seems to make these things work again.

RE: Problem logging on with my laptop - delflash - 03-21-2012 07:34 PM

I did what you suggested and it seems to be working now. Thanks for your help.