CSNbbs
With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... (/thread-575025.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - 4x4hokies - 06-21-2012 12:17 AM

do the obsessive posts by B12 fans finally go away when nothing happens?

Will there be new rumors making excuses for why the old ones didn't come to pass?

Or will FSU, Clemson and ND be heading for the B12?

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - OrangeCrush22 - 06-21-2012 01:07 AM

It'll happen by next Tuesday. 07-coffee3

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - wildthing202 - 06-21-2012 04:47 AM

Nothing happens but they'll claim it'll still happen later.

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - SoCalPanther - 06-21-2012 05:37 AM

(06-21-2012 04:47 AM)wildthing202 Wrote:  Nothing happens but they'll claim it'll still happen later.

This is the correct answer.....

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - HtownOrange - 06-21-2012 07:30 AM

(06-21-2012 12:17 AM)4x4hokies Wrote:  do the obsessive posts by B12 fans finally go away when nothing happens?

Will there be new rumors making excuses for why the old ones didn't come to pass?

Or will FSU, Clemson and ND be heading for the B12?

No.

Bet on it.

They stay. There is still no evidence to show the benefits of leaving. ND is likely to come out even further ahead of the Big 12 with a proposed deal of $20MM-$24MM/year for ND on NBC. (Per TerryD, who is reasonably plugged into ND happenings).

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - ecuacc4ever - 06-21-2012 08:17 AM

I think there will be a couch burning ceremony (or riot) somewhere in WV foothills on I-77 just north of the WV/VA state line.

Just make sure bitcruncher is safely tucked away, however. He's one of the good ones.

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - sufan - 06-21-2012 12:20 PM

They claim it happened ... but won't be announced till August 15 2013.

Will the real insiders please stand up?

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - ClairtonPanther - 06-21-2012 01:27 PM

I'd change the date to 8-15-13

But all in all... this is BS

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - ndlutz - 06-21-2012 02:16 PM

I think that if you watch closely what has happened with so called insiders on conference realignment issues in the past, they have generally used this formula - "it's happening really fast" and then eventually "something has changed and it's going to take more time to get the details straight."

Rarely do they come out and say they were wrong. It's always that something will still happen but further in the future than originally anticipated by their break-neck time schedule.

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - 4x4hokies - 06-21-2012 02:34 PM

(06-21-2012 01:27 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I'd change the date to 8-15-13

But all in all... this is BS

Well this is more to do with the 'insiders' on the WVU board all corroborating each other that this weekend is when the news will break so they can stick it to the ACC in the BCS meetings.

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - catdaddy_2402 - 06-21-2012 05:34 PM

I would be highly surprised if anything happens by this weekend simply because nothing has been decided in regards to football postseason. That said, when nothing is announced after this weekend I would hold off on any celebratory "rubbing their nose in it" because in the end it may come back to bite you.

Like I have said all along everything hinges on playoff access. If the ACC doesn't have the same level of access as the SEC, Big XII, etc. the football schools are going to be looking for an alternative. August 15 is the drop dead date for 2013.

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - ndlutz - 06-22-2012 12:06 AM

There's no way the ACC doesn't have top level access to the national title game. The conference may have its issues but this just isn't going to happen.

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - goodknightfl - 06-22-2012 07:11 AM

The ACC is now the ugly step sister of the big 4, but at least it is still in the family. The BE is the kid next door, and the non aq's are the servants. This round takes the MWC/Cusa/Mac/Sunbelt totally out of the picture, next step will add the BE to them and the ACC will come after that.

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - Hokie Mark - 06-22-2012 09:48 AM

(06-22-2012 07:11 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  The ACC is now the ugly step sister of the big 4, but at least it is still in the family. The BE is the kid next door, and the non aq's are the servants. This round takes the MWC/Cusa/Mac/Sunbelt totally out of the picture, next step will add the BE to them and the ACC will become dominant in football by then.
FIFY.

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - Hokie Mark - 06-22-2012 08:41 PM

Well, the WVU "insiders" are now claiming to have inside info about the ACC itself:

"ACC has called a 10AM emergency meeting in Greensboro to officially vote on Notre Dame. It is not clear in what capacity, ie partial or full membership. Official votes come AFTER schools have accepted unofficial invite."

Can anyone substantiate this rumor?

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - texasorange - 06-22-2012 09:08 PM

(06-22-2012 08:41 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Well, the WVU "insiders" are now claiming to have inside info about the ACC itself:

"ACC has called a 10AM emergency meeting in Greensboro to officially vote on Notre Dame. It is not clear in what capacity, ie partial or full membership. Official votes come AFTER schools have accepted unofficial invite."

No, but it wouldn't surprise me if WVU Insiders said the Obama administration was holding an emergency press conference to announce the capture of a live Sasquatch. Or little green men.

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - collegefan75750 - 06-22-2012 09:25 PM

(06-22-2012 09:08 PM)texasorange Wrote:  
(06-22-2012 08:41 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Well, the WVU "insiders" are now claiming to have inside info about the ACC itself:

No, but it wouldn't surprise me if WVU Insiders said the Obama administration was holding an emergency press conference to announce the capture of a live Sasquatch. Or little green men.
Well it fits the ACC's mo , they voted on SU and PITT on a Saturday too. They like doing these votes on the weekend.03-lmfao

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - goodknightfl - 06-22-2012 09:39 PM

WV insiders smoke mushrooms, and hear voices.

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - Hokie Mark - 06-22-2012 10:00 PM

(06-22-2012 09:39 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  WV insiders smoke mushrooms, and hear voices.

I see you've spent some time in West Virginia...

RE: With WVU insiders claiming this weekend is the date it all goes down... - catdaddy_2402 - 06-23-2012 06:29 AM

Well, we have to remember this is the ACC we are talking about. Its not like this would be the first idiotic decision to come out of Greensboro.