CSNbbs
How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: Verbal Assault Area (/forum-728.html)
+---- Thread: How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? (/thread-579101.html)

How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - PirateTreasureNC - 07-23-2012 07:32 PM

Off the top of my head they haven't said much about that Syracuse assistant bball coach and his transgressions.

Wonder how the PSU sanctions will work with Syracuse's situation. Granted, I don't think the cover up angle was really at SU unlike PSU.

RE: How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 07-23-2012 07:39 PM

It doesn't really as Syracuse is not alleged to have covered up anything. Also, a few of Bernie Fine's accusers have recanted and/or been discredited. That never happened at Penn State. While both cases center around pedophilia allegations against a pair of high profile assistant coaches, the two are TOTALLY different deals.

RE: How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - jaredf29 - 07-23-2012 07:40 PM

Perhaps, but two of the accusers at SU reneged, saying that it was about money.

RE: How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - stever20 - 07-23-2012 07:42 PM

Syracuse was up front right from the get go. Nothing there at all. Night and day difference with Penn St....

RE: How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - OrangeCrush22 - 07-23-2012 07:44 PM

The whole Fine situation has fallen by the wayside. Nothing has come out of it, other than Fine losing his job. There's still a chance something else could happen, but with the months that have passed I doubt it.

RE: How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - TexanMark - 07-23-2012 10:09 PM

3 of the 4 have been discredited and the 4th is Gloria Allred's puppet dancing for $$$. This will end well for Syracuse U. and Bernie Fine (to a certain extent).

RE: How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - C2__ - 07-23-2012 10:45 PM

You can never clear your name of an accusation once the media gets a hold of it, especially something as vile as pedophilia (see Jackson, Michael). So no matter what Bernie Fine does he won't be trusted completely.

RE: How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - TexanMark - 07-23-2012 10:49 PM

(07-23-2012 10:45 PM)Caltex2 Wrote:  You can never clear your name of an accusation once the media gets a hold of it, especially something as vile as pedophilia (see Jackson, Michael). So no matter what Bernie Fine does he won't be trusted completely.

Mark Schwartz is a 4 letter word in Syracuse...total hatchet job. I'm not 100% convinced Fine is innocent but this was motivated by ratings by ESPN.

RE: How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - C2__ - 07-23-2012 10:57 PM

They also sensationalized Aubrey Coleman stepping on Chase Budinger.

RE: How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - orangefan - 07-24-2012 08:36 AM

The key with SU with respect to the Fine case is that there was no cover up, aside from the ordinary process of protecting the confidentiality of internal personnel matters. The police were fully informed. The University appears to have been ready to take disciplinary action including dismissal had sufficient evidence been presented. There is no reason to expect NCAA action.

When I saw the thread title, I honestly thought this was about the ongoing NCAA investigation regarding the University/athletic department's failure to enforce its own rules regarding discipline of student athletes (presumably relating to repeated pot smoking violations by some basketball players). This matter is one relating to the NCAA's interpretation of what constitutes adequate "institutional control." Emmert's approach with PSU suggests that the NCAA will be far more proactive regarding violations generally, may look at broader areas of conduct, and may be more creative in developing remedies.

RE: How does PSU's case affect Syracuse? - bitcruncher - 07-24-2012 08:49 AM

IMO this thread is just stirring a pot that's had the fire go out long ago. It's moving day too...