CSNbbs
The Rivalry Within!!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Charlotte (/forum-630.html)
+----- Thread: The Rivalry Within!!! (/thread-615215.html)

The Rivalry Within!!! - Matrix - 01-25-2013 01:57 PM

Again, it's great to have Charlotte as a member of Conference USA, & really looking forward to all of the new matchups in athletic competition. Can anyone in Charlotte or 49er Nation share with me, please, which schools are you all looking forward to the most in playing in sports, and which matchups are anticipated by most there to become intense rivalries?

The feedback here will be used on the air at Blazeradio next Friday afternoon, permission pending to go on the air. Thank you again in advance for your interest and participation.

RE: The Rivalry Within!!! - 49RFootballNow - 01-25-2013 05:16 PM

For me I'd say ODU and Marshall are the main ones for football. Clearly we were looking forward to turning ECU into something special but they ran off.

I think ODU has the best chance to turn into a full fledged rivalry since we're similar institutions, both decent in basketball and both with startup football programs.

RE: The Rivalry Within!!! - Timo99 - 01-25-2013 05:22 PM

I personally look forward to playing ODU. We play them our inaugural season in football. I think we can create I big rivalry with them because of our young football programs and our tradition of being pretty good in basketball. I also think Marshall has potential to be a nice rivalry too.

I also look forward to renewing our conference rivalry with UAB. UAB was with with us in the Sun Belt back in the day along with ODU, and in C-USA when we were in it the first time. Many great games of basketball have been played between Charlotte and UAB.

I look forward to our move back to C-USA, and hope our football program can rise up and compete with the top of the league.

RE: The Rivalry Within!!! - moss2k - 01-26-2013 12:02 AM

I'm looking forward to ODU, Marshall and UAB the most. We had some great battles with UAB in the past, hopefully that action picks up the intensity pretty quick.

RE: The Rivalry Within!!! - punkrockcowboy - 02-12-2013 12:01 PM

Hi, I am most loooking forward to rivalry with UAB and Southern Miss. This is because I am a graduate student at Mississippi State and I'll be able to go to away games at these 2 schools. Also, I recall UAB having a decent basketball program back when we were in CUSA together, and Southern Miss was my first Charlotte game ever.

RE: The Rivalry Within!!! - Rabonchild - 02-12-2013 01:12 PM

Marshall, ODU, & MTU in that order

RE: The Rivalry Within!!! - CharSFNiner - 02-12-2013 02:00 PM

ECU, Houston, and Memphis...

RE: The Rivalry Within!!! - RedParallax - 03-01-2013 12:46 PM

I think there will be a rivalry that develops with Marshall and it could surprise both fan bases. If I recall, Charlotte is our largest alumni base outside of the state so that may attribute to a pretty great rivalry. Local area fans will attend the games and family members/friends of those living in the area will travel down to make a weekend of it. In this new version of CUSA, I admit that I'm most excited about attending a game at Charlotte.

RE: The Rivalry Within!!! - bladhmadh - 04-06-2013 07:49 AM

uab is going to get stuck in the west so there will be no football rivalry I could see a decent soccer/basketball hate building

RE: The Rivalry Within!!! - BigBlueAlum2011 - 04-17-2013 10:51 PM

I think we would make good rivals. However in our short experience, rivalries spawn from events at games. One team comes close to beating the other team, one team does something the other doesn't like, a coach does something that appears douchie.

Viola you have to fan bases that now hate each other.

RE: The Rivalry Within!!! - Over49er - 05-08-2013 06:11 PM

Looking forward to playing UAB, Marshall, and ODU the most....... but I am also looking forward to some road games against the Florida schools.

04-cheers

RE: The Rivalry Within!!! - Rabonchild - 07-02-2013 11:54 PM

Marshall & OD "Let's Get Readdddddy To Rumbbbbbbble! Let's make Any team entering our triangle will feel like they have entered the Bermuda Triangle.