CSNbbs
Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. (/thread-622051.html)

Pages: 1 2

Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - Tallgrass - 03-05-2013 08:21 AM

For NonAQ teams, it is all about winning nonconference BCS games. Running the table in Nbe or CUSA is irrelevant without nonconference BCS victories.

To say the same thing but in a different way, win those prestigous Nonconference BCS games and conference affiliation doesn't matter. For example, both Boise State and TCU established and built their football programs in the WAC.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - OldGoldnBlue - 03-05-2013 08:23 AM

That's honestly surprising to me. I thought they would have trouble getting big time home and homes in the future. Not sure what the hell FSU was thinking, that's a no win for them.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - stever20 - 03-05-2013 08:24 AM

Boise like it or not is a name brand now, much like Gonzaga in basketball.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - OldGoldnBlue - 03-05-2013 08:29 AM

(03-05-2013 08:24 AM)stever20 Wrote:  Boise like it or not is a name brand now, much like Gonzaga in basketball.

Eh I still look at them like a small time gimmick team. They've had good teams and have been solid for a number of years but that game is not one I would be excited to see on my teams schedule.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - Big Dub - 03-05-2013 08:34 AM

"Waaahhhh, stop trolling Tallgrass" /obligatory

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - apex_pirate - 03-05-2013 08:41 AM

It's not just the Big East or C-USA who needs those big OOC wins while running the table...it's also the MWC. If it wasn't necessary, they would never try and schedule these match-ups.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - XLance - 03-05-2013 08:57 AM

Boise State is a current TV "darling". Those games will be national broadcasts and will be good showcases for ACC football west of the Eastern Time Zone, much like the Boise v. Va. Tech game several years ago.
The ACC teams will have to "step up" to enhance our image.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - Louis Kitton - 03-05-2013 09:01 AM

(03-05-2013 08:29 AM)OldGoldnBlue Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 08:24 AM)stever20 Wrote:  Boise like it or not is a name brand now, much like Gonzaga in basketball.

Eh I still look at them like a small time gimmick team. They've had good teams and have been solid for a number of years but that game is not one I would be excited to see on my teams schedule.

Boise State is more likely to get TV than Virginia and is sell out when they play on the road against schools struggling with attendance.

Whenever they came to a MAC stadium it was a special event. Boise State drew 26,000 at Bowling Green of all places, about double the normal attendance at BG.

Florida State may even think Boise can put butts in seats though a winnable opponent.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - OldGoldnBlue - 03-05-2013 09:03 AM

These games are schedule for '19 and '20, who knows how good Boise will even be 7 years down the road. FSU may have just scheduled a home and home with a dreadful MWC team.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - Eagleweiser - 03-05-2013 09:16 AM

Boise traveled better than any of the leaving CUSA teams in all honesty. They will be a good draw for FSU and UVA and yes all GO5 conferences are going to need to play a good OOC schedule to make waves at the end of the year.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - AtlanticLeague - 03-05-2013 09:20 AM

03-lmfao

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - gocards#1 - 03-05-2013 09:56 AM

Nothing says "brand name" like 13 straight flameouts in the NCAA Tournament.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - stever20 - 03-05-2013 10:09 AM

You wouldn't want to see them on your teams schedule because they would kick your teams ass and make your fans burn couches (like they need an excuse to do that)

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - Sactowndog - 03-05-2013 10:23 AM

(03-05-2013 08:57 AM)XLance Wrote:  Boise State is a current TV "darling". Those games will be national broadcasts and will be good showcases for ACC football west of the Eastern Time Zone, much like the Boise v. Va. Tech game several years ago.

Boise will have an ESPN deal so it will be easier to get home and home with these types of accounts.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - EerMeNow - 03-05-2013 10:26 AM

(03-05-2013 10:09 AM)stever20 Wrote:  

You wouldn't want to see them on your teams schedule because they would kick your teams ass and make your fans burn couches (like they need an excuse to do that)

Couches are only burned for:

1. Big Wins
2. Big Losses
3. Killing Terrorists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnhDK2j4yag

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - OldGoldnBlue - 03-05-2013 10:36 AM

(03-05-2013 10:09 AM)stever20 Wrote:  

That was a little harsh. Most years I would not fear Boise State as Mountaineer fan. I'm sorry I don't respect WAC/MWC teams that play one game schedules.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - MWC Tex - 03-05-2013 12:50 PM

(03-05-2013 10:23 AM)Sactowndog Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 08:57 AM)XLance Wrote:  Boise State is a current TV "darling". Those games will be national broadcasts and will be good showcases for ACC football west of the Eastern Time Zone, much like the Boise v. Va. Tech game several years ago.

Boise will have an ESPN deal so it will be easier to get home and home with these types of accounts.

I also believe the the stadium expansion is playing a role in getting these teams to come to Boise. These games are still 5-7 years away and give more time for the stadium expansion to happen. You a bigger stadium to draw these types of teams to Boise. Stadium should get up to close to 40k by then.

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - NJRedMan - 03-05-2013 12:55 PM

(03-05-2013 09:56 AM)gocards#1 Wrote:  

Yeah, they suck, they went to 13 straight tournaments without winning one. Unlike UofL who have won...how many tournaments in the last 13 years?

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - billings - 03-05-2013 01:32 PM

(03-05-2013 10:23 AM)Sactowndog Wrote:  

Must be why Wyoming has home and home deals with Oregon, Missouri, and Washington State and have Hosted Texas, Nebraska, and Ole Miss in Laramie recently

RE: Boise State signs home and home with Florida State and Virginia. - bullet - 03-05-2013 01:45 PM

(03-05-2013 09:56 AM)gocards#1 Wrote:  

Gonzaga's current #1 ranking doesn't hurt.
Boise has been pretty good in the BCS era. They are tied with Penn St. and wedged right between Alabama and Auburn in the #17 slot for most AP Poll appearances over the last 15 years.