CSNbbs
NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread (/thread-646692.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - Chappy - 08-30-2013 08:12 AM

How's this for contrasting headlines?

11 freshmen on depth chart for ODU's opener at ECU

McNeill hoping ECU's experience pays off in '13

Can't wait for game day. ODU has a legit QB, and it will be interesting to see how well we can contain him.

RE: ON-TOPIC ECU-ODU Game Thread - Chappy - 08-30-2013 08:13 AM

RE: ON-TOPIC ECU-ODU Game Thread - ECUGrad07 - 08-30-2013 08:14 AM

If those headlines were reversed... I'd be worried.

But they aren't... so I'm not.

07-coffee3

RE: ON-TOPIC ECU-ODU Game Thread - Chappy - 08-30-2013 08:14 AM

I'm sure after watching a couple of FCS teams knock off some FBS schools last night, the Monarchs are foaming at the mouth and ready to go!

Hopefully, our boys noticed that as well and will not overlook ODU. One game at a time, fellas. Go Pirates!

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - gdunn - 08-30-2013 08:30 AM

I give it a page.....

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - DaBigBlue - 08-30-2013 08:33 AM

Will be a tall test for Taylor and Co. Having so many young/new players on the 2-deep is troublesome. I get some hope when our studs from last year were displaced by some of the new guys. But it's only football and I'm loving playing with House Money.

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - ECUGrad07 - 08-30-2013 08:36 AM

ECU should have no trouble dominating both ODU's offensive and defensive lines.

ECU faces receivers just as talented, if not more talented than ODU's receivers week in and week out in C-USA. ODU thinks we haven't seen a wide open, fast paced spread attack before... haha trust me, we have. Often.

I think ECU should blow this one wide open from the start and keep their foot on the gas for 60 minutes. I would not be surprised if ODU started the game with an onside kick or something like that. But all the trickery in the world isn't going to save the Monarchs in this, their "Welcome to FBS" game.

FOOTBALL. TOMORROW. Making the drive to Greenville in 2 1/2 hours... can't wait to be in the EAST again! GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - odusteeler - 08-30-2013 08:44 AM

(08-30-2013 08:36 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  ECU should have no trouble dominating both ODU's offensive and defensive lines.

ECU faces receivers just as talented, if not more talented than ODU's receivers week in and week out in C-USA. ODU thinks we haven't seen a wide open, fast paced spread attack before... haha trust me, we have. Often.

I think ECU should blow this one wide open from the start and keep their foot on the gas for 60 minutes. I would not be surprised if ODU started the game with an onside kick or something like that. But all the trickery in the world isn't going to save the Monarchs in this, their "Welcome to FBS" game.

FOOTBALL. TOMORROW. Making the drive to Greenville in 2 1/2 hours... can't wait to be in the EAST again! GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Au contraire mon ami! You're going to think you're in the Far East after the bamboo @ss lashings you receive tomorrow night. #newworldorder

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - b0ndsj0ns - 08-30-2013 08:45 AM

(08-30-2013 08:30 AM)gdunn Wrote:  I give it a page.....

A page? You're more optimistic than me.

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - gdunn - 08-30-2013 08:53 AM

(08-30-2013 08:45 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 08:30 AM)gdunn Wrote:  I give it a page.....

A page? You're more optimistic than me.

I'm a half glass full kinda guy.

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - DaBigBlue - 08-30-2013 09:15 AM

First we're going to get all the BarBQ from "B's". Then we're going to rape your gold and plunder our women. We can always start another tread.

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - Chappy - 08-30-2013 09:17 AM

(08-30-2013 09:15 AM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  First we're going to get all the BarBQ from "B's". Then we're going to rape your gold and plunder our women. We can always start another tread.

Now you've gone too far, lol.

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - AdoptedMonarch - 08-30-2013 09:17 AM

(08-30-2013 09:15 AM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  First we're going to get all the BarBQ from "B's". Then we're going to rape your gold and plunder our women. We can always start another tread.

Got started on the weekend festivities a little early, didn't ya?

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - ECUGrad07 - 08-30-2013 09:17 AM

Don't you dare threaten our BBQ. Haha

That's over the line.

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - EastCarolinaU- - 08-30-2013 09:19 AM

This is the perfect first game for ECU. I'm really glad we get to have our defense tested, specifically our secondary, against a quality QB because we will see quite a few throughout the rest of our season. After watching all of the Tulsa and UNC game at the bar, I am confident we have a solid shot at winning every game on the schedule. I'm about to make my 7 hour drive to greenville in a few minutes. This game will give us an idea on how the season goes. Go Pirates!

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - mturn017 - 08-30-2013 09:24 AM

(08-30-2013 08:36 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  ECU should have no trouble dominating both ODU's offensive and defensive lines.

So......you're used to getting beat with the pass. Great!

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - Chappy - 08-30-2013 09:32 AM

(08-30-2013 09:24 AM)mturn017 Wrote:  So......you're used to getting beat with the pass. Great!

No, we're used to hearing teams like Houston, Tulsa, Marshall ETC say they are going to pass all over us and then beat them anyway. 02-13-banana

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - ECUGrad07 - 08-30-2013 09:36 AM

(08-30-2013 09:32 AM)Chappy Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 09:24 AM)mturn017 Wrote:  So......you're used to getting beat with the pass. Great!

No, we're used to hearing teams like Houston, Tulsa, Marshall ETC say they are going to pass all over us and then beat them anyway. 02-13-banana

This.

Re: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - hburg - 08-30-2013 09:38 AM

Go Pirates

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RE: NEW Old Dominion at East Carolina Game Thread - PirateJeff - 08-30-2013 09:43 AM

I know on any given day bad things can happen but I hardly consider ODU in the ranks of Appy State or Georgia Southern both have won multiple national championships and we have not lost to either since the split of FBS and FCS. I am counting on by the 2nd quarter this game being realistically out of reach and having a stressfree rest of the game.