CSNbbs
SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season (/thread-676386.html)

Pages: 1 2

SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - 3601 - 02-09-2014 05:45 PM

They have almost everybody coming back and they have that stud Freshman PG coming on board.

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - b0ndsj0ns - 02-09-2014 06:01 PM

Could be they are really good and likely only to get better.

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - Geotag - 02-09-2014 06:23 PM

Ok cool story

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - CollegeCard - 02-09-2014 06:51 PM

Could be. UofL leaves, Memphis loses 4 key Sr's, UC loses Kilpatrick, Jackson, and Rubles, while UConn loses Napier, Giffey, Olander and Boatright could decide to leave. In general I'd expect most teams in the top half to have lower preseason expectations compared to this year.

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - Geotag - 02-09-2014 06:55 PM

(02-09-2014 06:51 PM)CollegeCard Wrote:  Could be. UofL leaves, Memphis loses 4 key Sr's, UC loses Kilpatrick, Jackson, and Rubles, while UConn loses Napier, Giffey, Olander and Boatright could decide to leave. In general I'd expect most teams in the top half to have lower preseason expectations compared to this year.

We do have the #3 class though that has been gaining experience this year. Your point still stands

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - The Real LHS81 - 02-09-2014 06:59 PM

(02-09-2014 05:45 PM)3601 Wrote:  They have almost everybody coming back and they have that stud Freshman PG coming on board.

I won't disagree with your statement03-cloud9

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - HuskyU - 02-09-2014 07:17 PM

We know they're excellent at home. I still think they have something to prove on the road. They have a couple more chances @UCONN and @Memphis. I'll also be interested to see how they compete at the conference tournament in Memphis and the NCAA tournament neutral sites. Could very well be the favorite next year.

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - eastside cat - 02-09-2014 07:42 PM

They are good but not all games are at home. Just kidding. I expect Cincy, Memphis, UConn and SMU fighting it out, oh and of course, ECU. One thing I hope for is AAC does something about the officiating next year. Not saying UC lost because of it. I have seen just bad bad work in almost every game.

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - Tigers2B1 - 02-09-2014 07:59 PM

I think with the coaching and players SMU will be top 15 / 10 next season. That will give the AAC four solid teams and when Temple come back to life, which they will IMO, five.

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - The Real LHS81 - 02-09-2014 08:02 PM

You'll probably laugh at me for this comment. . . USF is my darkhorse team for being one of the top 5 teams in the AAC next year. As long as they keep those 2 bigs, and get their injured PG back. Not sure what they have as far as incoming class.

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - sfink16 - 02-09-2014 08:04 PM

Larry Brown is a great coach who gets bored and leaves places quickly and unexpectedly. He takes teams to the brink and seems to burn out. It doesn't mean he'll do it with SMU but don't expect him there long term. I have no clue what the situation is in SMU but remember all to well how it worked out in Philly with th AI situation. How long has he been at SMU?

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - anothertigerfan - 02-09-2014 08:06 PM

(02-09-2014 08:04 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  Larry Brown is a great coach who gets bored and leaves places quickly and unexpectedly. He takes teams to the brink and seems to burn out. It doesn't mean he'll do it with SMU but don't expect him there long term. I have no clue what the situation is in SMU but remember all to well how it worked out in Philly with th AI situation. How long has he been at SMU?

This is his second year.

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - The Real LHS81 - 02-09-2014 08:11 PM

(02-09-2014 08:04 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  Larry Brown is a great coach who gets bored and leaves places quickly and unexpectedly. He takes teams to the brink and seems to burn out. It doesn't mean he'll do it with SMU but don't expect him there long term. I have no clue what the situation is in SMU but remember all to well how it worked out in Philly with th AI situation. How long has he been at SMU?

Larry is 73 years old, and SMU will more than likely be his last coaching stop. Has an 18 year son enrolled at SMU, and wants to hang around SMU until he graduates. Also has a 16 year old daughter who he wants to attend SMU's performing arts department. If he stayed at SMU until she graduated, Larry would be 78-79. Health willing.

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - Tigers2B1 - 02-09-2014 08:17 PM

(02-09-2014 08:11 PM)The Real LHS81 Wrote:  

Larry is 73 years old, and SMU will more than likely be his last coaching stop. Has an 18 year son enrolled at SMU, and wants to hang around SMU until he graduates. Also has a 16 year old daughter who he wants to attend SMU's performing arts department. If he stayed at SMU until she graduated, Larry would be 78-79. Health willing.

So, where do you think SMU will be ranked in the top 25 tomorrow? 04-cheers

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - The Real LHS81 - 02-09-2014 08:22 PM

(02-09-2014 08:17 PM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:11 PM)The Real LHS81 Wrote:  

So, where do you think SMU will be ranked in the top 25 tomorrow? 04-cheers

With SMU's lack of success, not familiar with rankings. 03-lmfao Just want to taste "the dance," after waiting 21 years

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - Comet - 02-09-2014 08:31 PM

We might be as high as 24 if we do get ranked

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - pesik - 02-09-2014 08:48 PM

basketball is extremely up and down year to year almost improssible to pick this early. smu could have a run in the tourney and players start talking leaving early, *knock on wood* injuries ..or the complete opposite and memphis has a major run in the tourney and theyd be the favorite..we'll know more seasons end

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - anothertigerfan - 02-09-2014 08:52 PM

(02-09-2014 08:31 PM)Comet Wrote:  We might be as high as 24 if we do get ranked

24 or 25 is my guess.

RE: SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - bearcatlawjd - 02-09-2014 08:53 PM

Next season I expect SMU to be the favorite with Memphis, UConn, Cincinnati, and Temple to be tournament level teams. The other teams to watch will be USF and Tulsa. I expect the league to be balanced next season and very competitive.

ESPN has to love getting the American for cheap. Its one of the more entertaining conferences this season. Even the bad team versus good team matchups have a chance to draw attention if the game is close.

SMU might be the preseason favorite next BB season - Pony94 - 02-09-2014 09:10 PM

(02-09-2014 08:53 PM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  Next season I expect SMU to be the favorite with Memphis, UConn, Cincinnati, and Temple to be tournament level teams. The other teams to watch will be USF and Tulsa. I expect the league to be balanced next season and very competitive.

ESPN has to love getting the American for cheap. Its one of the more entertaining conferences this season. Even the bad team versus good team matchups have a chance to draw attention if the game is close.

ESPN made out like a bandit