CSNbbs
Starting QB against Savannah St.? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Middle Tennessee (/forum-301.html)
+----- Thread: Starting QB against Savannah St.? (/thread-696795.html)

Starting QB against Savannah St.? - BlueRaider0x0 - 07-31-2014 09:26 AM

Who do you think will be the starting QB come Aug. 30?

I want to say as of today Grammar has the nod only because of experience but I'm excited to see what Erdely does during camp.

RE: Starting QB against Savannah St.? - MT FAN - 07-31-2014 02:10 PM

I hope it is Elderly. He looked the best to me during the spring game. I hope Stockstill gets redshirted and Grammar is the back up.

RE: Starting QB against Savannah St.? - surlycanon - 07-31-2014 09:35 PM

Grammar never impressed me with his arm last season, although he looked good on his rushing touchdown late in the season against UTEP??? Interested to see Stockstill and Erdely, as they were both studs in High School.

RE: Starting QB against Savannah St.? - Ole Blue - 07-31-2014 11:55 PM

I think Erdely has the "stat" line in his favor though Stock will obviously be a good candidate as well. You know he'd be well received in the 'Boro as not only the coach's son but a local guy.

RE: Starting QB against Savannah St.? - BlueRaider0x0 - 08-01-2014 09:40 AM

I just worry with Brent Stockstill that if he isn't playing well he won't be removed. We all saw what happened with Dasher as Stocks favorite so I can only imagine what it'll be like with his son. I hope I'm wrong and Stockstill lights up CUSA when he gets his chance.

RE: Starting QB against Savannah St.? - MT FAN - 08-01-2014 10:16 AM

(08-01-2014 09:40 AM)BlueRaider0x0 Wrote:  I just worry with Brent Stockstill that if he isn't playing well he won't be removed. We all saw what happened with Dasher as Stocks favorite so I can only imagine what it'll be like with his son. I hope I'm wrong and Stockstill lights up CUSA when he gets his chance.

I'm concerned about that as well. It could potentially get ugly if we are not winning and he is the QB.

RE: Starting QB against Savannah St.? - Ole Blue - 08-01-2014 12:54 PM

(08-01-2014 10:16 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 09:40 AM)BlueRaider0x0 Wrote:  I just worry with Brent Stockstill that if he isn't playing well he won't be removed. We all saw what happened with Dasher as Stocks favorite so I can only imagine what it'll be like with his son. I hope I'm wrong and Stockstill lights up CUSA when he gets his chance.

I'm concerned about that as well. It could potentially get ugly if we are not winning and he is the QB.

I agree -- I have vivid memories of the GoDaddy bowl versus Miami a few years back when Dasher played terribly and Stock wouldn't take him out. It made me so upset.

RE: Starting QB against Savannah St.? - KAjunRaider - 08-02-2014 04:25 PM

I think it will be Lil' Stock, just a gut feeling.

Wouldn't mind to see AJ, in there, however.

I have not given up on Grammer, either.

Hope all 3 stick it out, and make each other better.