CSNbbs
Alternate Sports History: Dawg Pound Dynasty - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+----- Forum: The Buckley-Vidal No Spin Room (/forum-970.html)
+----- Thread: Alternate Sports History: Dawg Pound Dynasty (/thread-703506.html)

Alternate Sports History: Dawg Pound Dynasty - vandiver49 - 09-15-2014 08:14 AM

Some of you might not be familiar with the Alt History Forums, but its a place where people explore how minor changes (butterflies) could effect history. Well, one dejected Browns fans has taken this idea to the extreme and created Dawg Pound Dynasty: An Alternate History of the Cleveland Browns. It's fairly entertaining and skits right along the edge of plausibility.

RE: Alternate Sports History: Dawg Pound Dynasty - CameramanJ - 09-15-2014 10:30 AM

I've always been curious about the implications of a successful Cleveland Browns franchise on the socioeconomic outcomes in Cleveland and the Rust Belt as a whole. Could be something, could be nothing.

RE: Alternate Sports History: Dawg Pound Dynasty - AngryAphid - 09-16-2014 04:18 PM

Late in the fourth quarter of the 1987 AFC Championship Game a rarely
called illegal formation penalty erased a Cleveland first down that would
have given the Browns the opportunity to runout the clock and win that game.

Instead they had to punt…. and we know what happen next.

RE: Alternate Sports History: Dawg Pound Dynasty - bitcruncher - 09-16-2014 05:54 PM

What if Babe Ruth had never been sold to the Yankees?

RE: Alternate Sports History: Dawg Pound Dynasty - Owl 69/70/75 - 09-16-2014 10:15 PM

What if they would have had the DH rule in Ruth's time? Could he have pitched every 4th or 5th day and DH'd on the others? College kids do it, but they're in better shape than Ruth probably ever was. Then again, Ruth never seemed to need to be in good shape to hit.

If he could have done it, he might have won 300 games to go with 800 home runs (since he would presumably have gotten extra AB's in the early years).

RE: Alternate Sports History: Dawg Pound Dynasty - etsuandpurdue3 - 06-18-2015 11:33 PM

What if John Elway was never traded to the Broncos from the Colts, would Peyton and Luck still have played for the Colts? Better yet what if the Colts never moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis? I'd probably be a Steelers, Cowboys, Bears, or Titans fan (I shudder when I think of being a fan of any of those teams.)

RE: Alternate Sports History: Dawg Pound Dynasty - CliftonAve - 06-19-2015 11:41 AM

What if Bengals owner Paul Brown had hired his OC Bill Walsh instead of Tiger Johnson? As OC Walsh was doing the "West Coast Offensive" in Cincinnati long before he went to San Francisco. Bengals would have been the dynastic team of the 80s instead of the Niners.

http://thesportspost.com/blogs/view/nfl-what-if-bill-walsh-cincinnati-bengals

RE: Alternate Sports History: Dawg Pound Dynasty - Native Georgian - 06-19-2015 04:29 PM

(09-15-2014 08:14 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  Some of you might not be familiar with the Alt History Forums, but its a place where people explore how minor changes (butterflies) could effect history. Well, one dejected Browns fans has taken this idea to the extreme and created Dawg Pound Dynasty: An Alternate History of the Cleveland Browns. It's fairly entertaining and skits right along the edge of plausibility.
I didn't follow the link, but I assume Brian Sipe and Reggie Rucker led the Browns to victory in Super Bowl XV at the Superdome. Sorry, Oakland!