CSNbbs
I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: "Big Dave" Memorial Smack Forum (/forum-500.html)
+------ Thread: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back (/thread-712637.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - Dale - 11-14-2014 11:02 AM

in March and fess up and post they were wrong being so upset about an exhibition game.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - 450bench - 11-14-2014 11:05 AM

And vice versa.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - Brother Bluto - 11-14-2014 11:11 AM

(11-14-2014 11:05 AM)450bench Wrote:  And vice versa.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - tiger2000 - 11-14-2014 11:32 AM

I don't want him fired, I want him to lead, develop talent, and field competitive teams that play with heart and fundamentals.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - GermantownTiger - 11-14-2014 11:34 AM

(11-14-2014 11:32 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  I don't want him fired, I want him to lead, develop talent, and field competitive teams that play with heart and fundamentals.

Amen.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - southpaw1 - 11-14-2014 11:34 AM

I want to beat Tulane tomorrow.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - Brother Bluto - 11-14-2014 11:38 AM

(11-14-2014 11:34 AM)southpaw1 Wrote:  I want to beat Tulane tomorrow.

About to head out about noon GTG!

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - UofMemphis - 11-14-2014 11:39 AM

(11-14-2014 11:34 AM)southpaw1 Wrote:  I want to beat Tulane tomorrow.

My thoughts exactly...

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - 450bench - 11-14-2014 11:41 AM

(11-14-2014 11:32 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  I don't want him fired, I want him to lead, develop talent, and field competitive teams that play with heart and fundamentals.

Absolutely. And if he can't do that by year end, he deserves to be fired.

I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - tigers311 - 11-14-2014 11:48 AM

Pastner needs to go. He is hurting the bball program. I don't want to wait til March

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - tigergreen - 11-14-2014 11:48 AM

(11-14-2014 11:41 AM)450bench Wrote:  

Yep.
I hope all of our fears are completely unfounded by February....sadly, judging from the past couple of years, I don't expect it.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - Joe1 - 11-14-2014 11:48 AM

(11-14-2014 11:41 AM)450bench Wrote:  

i agree with both

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - HoopDreams - 11-14-2014 11:51 AM

No one WANTS Pastner to be fired.

What they want is a certain product on the court via the head coach.

If he cannot deliver, then he NEEDS to be fired.

Big difference.

Most folks would like to believe nothing more that Pastner can motivate a team to play with utmost desire and tenacious intensity, especially on defense.

However, he has to date yet to produce such a team.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - Brother Bluto - 11-14-2014 11:58 AM

(11-14-2014 11:51 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  No one WANTS Pastner to be fired.

Big difference.

Most folks would like to believe nothing more that Pastner can motivate a team to play with utmost desire and tenacious intensity, especially on defense.

Are you saying most are fans of the UNIVERSITY and not who is the coach? Why do I get the feeling that the OP is just a fan of the coach and not the UNIVERSITY?

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - bluebacker - 11-14-2014 11:58 AM

I just love 'calling out' posts from someone with two schools in the I root for section.

No one wants the team to perform poorly (I hope)

JP is a big boy making big boy money.

His paycheck has, to date, exceeded results. This is year 6.

Most folks understand that this is a rebuilding year and really only expect the team to make THE tournament.

We could go into a discussion about why the roster is so unbalanced experience wise in year 6 but that would be counter productive at this point. It is what it is.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - HoopDreams - 11-14-2014 12:01 PM

(11-14-2014 11:58 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  

Big difference.

Are you saying most are fans of the UNIVERSITY and not who is the coach? Why do I get the feeling that the OP is just a fan of the coach and not the UNIVERSITY?

Oh, I know Dale lurvs Pastner.

My point is that anyone acting like the recent reactions are because of one exhibition game only are being inherently dishonest.

Folks are sick of matador defense and listless offense that they've seen for too many years now.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - Brother Bluto - 11-14-2014 12:02 PM

(11-14-2014 11:58 AM)bluebacker Wrote:  I just love 'calling out' posts from someone with two schools in the I root for section.

No one wants the team to perform poorly (I hope)

JP is a big boy making big boy money.

His paycheck has, to date, exceeded results. This is year 6.

Most folks understand that this is a rebuilding year and really only expect the team to make THE tournament.

Why are we rebuilding in year six doe?

We could go into a discussion about why the roster is so unbalanced experience wise in year 6 but that would be counter productive at this point. It is what it is.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - UofMemphis - 11-14-2014 12:02 PM

Fans on a message board don't decide who gets hired/fired at the UofM...time to accept that.

When the Ambassadors want him gone, he will be (and they will pay the buyout)...not one second before.

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - Joe1 - 11-14-2014 12:02 PM

Big difference.

04-clap2 well said. Win Tuesday and I will be one of the first ones on here saying GREAT JOB and give him massive amounts of credit and respect. Get blown out and we are where we are right now 03-weeping

RE: I expect all the posters who are calling for CJP to be fired to come back - Brother Bluto - 11-14-2014 12:03 PM

(11-14-2014 12:02 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Fans on a message board don't decide who gets hired/fired at the UofM...time to accept that.

When the Ambassadors want him gone, he will be (and they will pay the buyout)...not one second before.

Thanks for pointing that out. I never knew that