CSNbbs
"Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: "Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships (/thread-730952.html)

"Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships - XLance - 03-15-2015 08:51 PM

Yep!
Next weekend the same Greensboro Coliseum Complex that just hosted the ACC men's basketball tournament (and the women's basketball tournament the week before) will host the NCAA Women's Swimming and Diving Championships in the GAC (Greensboro Aquatic Center) which is part of the Coliseum Complex.

http://www.greensborosports.org/event-calendar

RE: "Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Champ... - john01992 - 03-15-2015 08:54 PM

They can host as many non-revenue sport tournys as they want and I won't give a f***

Just don't let it be the MBB tourny.

RE: "Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships - Kaplony - 03-15-2015 09:02 PM

Dunno why you have dull in quotation marks. Greensboro is just a slightly larger Columbia, SC.

RE: "Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Champ... - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 03-17-2015 10:08 AM

The type of event - which will likely feature mostly just relatives of the competitors - seems more fitting for that caliber of host venue and city than something as popular and prestigious as the ACC men's basketball tournament. Good job, Greensboro!

RE: "Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships - WNCOrange - 03-17-2015 10:18 AM

NC has a lot of nice places. Greensboro is not one of them.

RE: "Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Champ... - Kaplony - 03-17-2015 12:06 PM

(03-17-2015 10:18 AM)WNCOrange Wrote:  NC has a lot of nice places. Greensboro is not one of them.

Exactly.

At least in Charlotte there is something to do besides throw rocks at passing cars when you aren't at the games.

RE: "Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Champ... - Hokie Mark - 03-18-2015 08:59 AM

(03-17-2015 12:06 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(03-17-2015 10:18 AM)WNCOrange Wrote:  NC has a lot of nice places. Greensboro is not one of them.

Exactly.

At least in Charlotte there is something to do besides throw rocks at passing cars when you aren't at the games.

BINGO. In Charlotte you can throw rocks at commuter trains, buses, and airplanes, too! (seriously, there is a LOT of stuff to do within easy walking distance of the basketball arena in Charlotte)

Re: "Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships - Lenvillecards - 03-18-2015 09:24 AM

Ok fine, lets just have the tourney here. There is a lot to do around the Yum Center. If you want an historic place Freedom Hall is still available.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

RE: "Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships - uldn - 03-20-2015 11:37 PM

Well it's nice to get a conference winner -- a swimmer for UL just broke the records pretty much everywhere for the butterfly today.

Event 9 Women 100 Yard Butterfly
=========================================================================
NCAA: N 49.89 03/20/15 Kelsi Worrell, Louisville-KY
American: A 49.89 03/20/15 Kelsi Worrell, Louisville-KY
U.S. Open: O 49.89 03/20/15 Kelsi Worrell, Louisville-KY
Championship: C 49.89 03/20/15 Kelsi Worrell, Louisville-KY
Pool Record: P 49.89 03/20/15 Kelsi Worrell, Louisville-KY

RE: "Dull" Greensboro set to host the Women's NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 03-21-2015 08:32 AM

I like Charlotte a lot actually. I like Raleigh too.

Greensboro, on the other hand, is mediocre and not a good fit for the conference men's basketball tournament as a permanent or even regular host. However, it is not that big of a deal either way. If the ACC wants to continue to have its men's basketball tournament down there, that's fine. However, I will not be going back. I have already seen it and experienced it and was underwhelmed. Like I said earlier, it wasn't horrible by any stretch but it certainly wasn't a memorable experience.

When the best thing you can say about a conference tournament experience is that it wasn't that expensive, that is not a good sign.

So they can of the swimming championships there or the tiddlywinks championships there or even future ACC tournaments there. It is all good. I just won't be there and I suspect neither will most fans of other schools which are not located within a short drive of that sleepy little town.