CSNbbs
OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (/thread-737960.html)

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread - PurpleReigns - 05-19-2015 05:37 PM

So The Witcher 3, the first of two summer blockbuster games being released this year, was just released today. I pre-ordered my copy from Best Buy and the exclusive steelbook looks fantastic and I'm currently listening to the free soundtrack that came with the game and it's EPIC.

For those unaware of the game, it plays a bit like Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim with the lore a bit like Game Of Thrones and the devs have made it where you don't have to play the first two in the series to jump right in.

OT: The Witcher 3 Official Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers) - PurpleReigns - 05-20-2015 06:15 AM

I guess there is no interest...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - PurpleReigns - 05-20-2015 10:55 AM

(05-20-2015 08:42 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  I have never complained about people starting OT threads and this one doesn't bother me, either. But I will admit that I have never heard of "Witcher" in any context. What does that mean?

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Witcher

RE: OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - Titans3775 - 05-20-2015 11:49 AM

It is on my steam wishlist. If it is anything like Skyrim or Dragon Age then it should be a hit. However, I am buried deep in GTA V at the moment and wouldn't have time to take it in.

RE: OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - gotigers1 - 05-20-2015 12:29 PM

I got it Monday night via pre-order and so far I really like ti

RE: OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - NothingButKnight - 05-20-2015 12:32 PM

I got it last night, but only got to play it for a short time. I'm impressed so far, much better than Skyrim by all measures.

RE: OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - BearcatMan - 05-20-2015 03:12 PM

I've never understood the fascination with Skyrim/Bethesda games in general. Normally they look like crap, play like rigid planks of wood, and by and large, are more "farm and grind" than any other games this side of WoW. I'm way more partial to the Dragon Age/Witcher area of fantasy RPGs...that being said, my favorite pure open world games for sheer discovery/entertainment value are the Just Cause games.

OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - PurpleReigns - 05-20-2015 04:34 PM

(05-20-2015 03:12 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  I've never understood the fascination with Skyrim/Bethesda games in general. Normally they look like crap, play like rigid planks of wood, and by and large, are more "farm and grind" than any other games this side of WoW. I'm way more partial to the Dragon Age/Witcher area of fantasy RPGs...that being said, my favorite pure open world games for sheer discovery/entertainment value are the Just Cause games.

Fallout is the best Bethesda series by far. This morning I popped Witcher 3 in since I didn't have time yesterday and told myself I would only play it for like 10 minutes. I ended up playing it for TWO hours...

I have such a backlog though that I'm going to try to power through the rest of the DR3 DLC and the rest of TEW before I get too far in the other games I currently have.

Luckily I never trade in open world games so I have plenty of time for DA:I, GTAV (already beat it on 360, but not the One yet), SofM, W3, etc. but I need to get some of them finished before Fallout 4 consumes my life haha.

RE: OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - BearcatMan - 05-20-2015 04:45 PM

(05-20-2015 04:34 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  
(05-20-2015 03:12 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  I've never understood the fascination with Skyrim/Bethesda games in general. Normally they look like crap, play like rigid planks of wood, and by and large, are more "farm and grind" than any other games this side of WoW. I'm way more partial to the Dragon Age/Witcher area of fantasy RPGs...that being said, my favorite pure open world games for sheer discovery/entertainment value are the Just Cause games.

Fallout is the best Bethesda series by far. This morning I popped Witcher 3 in since I didn't have time yesterday and told myself I would only play it for like 10 minutes. I ended up playing it for TWO hours...

I have such a backlog though that I'm going to try to power through the rest of the DR3 DLC and the rest of TEW before I get too far in the other games I currently have.

Luckily I never trade in open world games so I have plenty of time for DA:I, GTAV (already beat it on 360, but not the One yet), SofM, W3, etc. but I need to get some of them finished before Fallout 4 consumes my life haha.

I never really liked Fallout for the exact same reasons as the Elder Scrolls series, plus with the game-breaking VATS add-on, I always felt like it took no skill whatsoever to play, and if I have a game like that, I at least want something cool to look at or entertaining to move through, and the Fallout 3/Fallout: New Vegas maps/stories were pretty awful.

I love the games that you just get lost in, and I never could do that with the Bethesda games, since it always felt like work.

OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - PurpleReigns - 05-20-2015 04:50 PM

I liked VATS because it turned it into sort of a turn based game. Now that I'm a more seasoned gamer now who prefers to hack and slash a bit more it'll be more interesting how I play the game.

OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - PurpleReigns - 05-21-2015 08:54 PM

05-bump

RE: OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - BearcatMan - 05-21-2015 09:29 PM

Man, you're relentless...I think we've established our nerd-dom 03-lmfao 04-cheers

That being said, what're your top 5 games you're looking forward to, regardless of platform?

RE: OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - DowdyPirate - 05-21-2015 09:38 PM

I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually..guess I should steer clear of this thread until then

OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - PurpleReigns - 05-22-2015 06:40 AM

(05-21-2015 09:29 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Man, you're relentless...I think we've established our nerd-dom 03-lmfao 04-cheers

That being said, what're your top 5 games you're looking forward to, regardless of platform?

Im trying to feel out if there is enough interest for this to be a general gaming thread 03-razz can't do that if it's stuck on the front page

OT: The Witcher 3 (Video Game) Official Discussion Thread - PurpleReigns - 05-22-2015 06:40 AM

(05-21-2015 09:38 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually..guess I should steer clear of this thread until then

Unless we make this a general gaming thread 03-wink

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (The Witcher 3 NOW OUT) - PurpleReigns - 05-22-2015 06:57 AM

Went ahead and changed it so with that in mind the top 5 games I'm looking forward to in no order:

Fallout 4
Halo 5
Kickstarter spiritual successors (Mighty No 9 and Yooka-Laylee)
Scalebound
AC: Syndicate (Ubisoft seems to have learned after last year)

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (The Witcher 3 NOW OUT) - DowdyPirate - 05-22-2015 09:34 AM

Is Fallout 4 announced?

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (The Witcher 3 NOW OUT) - BearcatMan - 05-22-2015 09:37 AM

(05-22-2015 09:34 AM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Is Fallout 4 announced?

All but announced, Bethesda has apparently got a huge chunk carved out for E3, so everyone is thinking that's when the announcement will take place.

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (The Witcher 3 NOW OUT) - PurpleReigns - 05-22-2015 10:26 AM

(05-22-2015 09:37 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

All but announced, Bethesda has apparently got a huge chunk carved out for E3, so everyone is thinking that's when the announcement will take place.

No apparently, they have an hour long pressed that Sunday to lead off E3 and the LinkedIn leak all but confirmed we'll see at least a trailer. I also have inside info from a good friend of mine. Game will be out no later than next year.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (The Witcher 3 NOW OUT) - BearcatMan - 05-22-2015 11:22 AM

(05-22-2015 10:26 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  
(05-22-2015 09:37 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

No apparently, they have an hour long pressed that Sunday to lead off E3 and the LinkedIn leak all but confirmed we'll see at least a trailer. I also have inside info from a good friend of mine. Game will be out no later than next year.

Hopefully they figure it out graphically, as far as I'm concerned they have no excuse now with how well the other development groups are making these next gen games look.

Speaking of figuring it out, it looks like Ubisoft is turning the page on trying to exploit the crap out of their customers with broken games if the early alphas of the new Deus Ex and AC games progress the way they should in the next half year...that being said, it is a bit troubling that a game set to release in November only has pre-alpha gameplay footage. I'm hoping for a blowout at E3 for them.