CSNbbs
OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (/thread-737960.html)

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (August 25th is our savior) - PurpleReigns - 08-29-2015 11:27 AM

Visuals mostly but gameplay didn't have me vegging to come back either. I dunno with the way graphics and games are now it just didn't appeal to me. A good decade or so too late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PurpleReigns - 08-30-2015 12:39 PM

I've been stoked on this game since the reveal. The choice to make it open world was the main reason.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/30/pax-2015-homefront-the-revolution-feels-like-far-cry-and-thats-awesome

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - BearcatMan - 08-30-2015 12:54 PM

(08-30-2015 12:39 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  I've been stoked on this game since the reveal. The choice to make it open world was the main reason.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/30/pax-2015-homefront-the-revolution-feels-like-far-cry-and-thats-awesome

I absolutely HATED the first one, so this one can't possibly have any lower expectations for me. Reading up on it after E3 has made me cautiously optimistic that it won't be as terrible as the last one.

There aren't a ton of games set to come out in the next few months, so I'm just going to hit FIFA and MGS5 heavy for now, adding in a Witcher session here and there until November comes along and lights my wallet on fire.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PurpleReigns - 08-30-2015 02:30 PM

(08-30-2015 12:54 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(08-30-2015 12:39 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  I've been stoked on this game since the reveal. The choice to make it open world was the main reason.

I absolutely HATED the first one, so this one can't possibly have any lower expectations for me. Reading up on it after E3 has made me cautiously optimistic that it won't be as terrible as the last one.

There aren't a ton of games set to come out in the next few months, so I'm just going to hit FIFA and MGS5 heavy for now, adding in a Witcher session here and there until November comes along and lights my wallet on fire.

Not a ton of games? 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

(Bolded means I'm buying it)

MGS V
Mad Max
NHL 16
PES 16
Forza 6
Destiny: The Taken King
FIFA 116
NBA 2k16
THPS 5
NBA Live 16
Rock Band 4
Ride
Halo 5
Just Dance 2016
Guitar Hero Live
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
WWE 2k16
Need For Speed
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Fallout 4

Alekhine's Gun
Star Wars Battlefront
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Just Cause 3

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - BearcatMan - 08-30-2015 07:01 PM

Notice I said UNTIL NOVEMBER...that's when the **** hits the fan...I also should've said games I'll actually play 04-cheers

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PirateTreasureNC - 08-30-2015 11:59 PM

Well, I'll bite on games

I am getting

Super Mario Maker 9/11
Yoshi's Woolly World October
Star Fox Zero November

as far as games I KNOW are coming/will be out.

I will probably stockpile some money for more Mario Kart and Smash Bros DLC that I would anticipate to hit before the end of the year.

I know that as far as Amiibos I WILL BUY I KNOW will be out by the end the year are Dr. Mario (target PO in place), Bowser Jr. (TRU Exclusive), Zero Suit Samus, Ganon, Blue and Green Wool Yoshis, Mewtwo, and I am highly considering getting Olimar just to have all the MK8 racing suits( he'd be the only one I lack after getting Kriby for my birthday).

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PurpleReigns - 08-31-2015 06:47 AM

PTNC is our resident Nintendo fan 03-lmfao

Does bring up an idea doe. ROLLCALL!

It's pretty clear I'm Xbox One.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - BearcatMan - 08-31-2015 08:31 AM

Are we going with all systems or just current gen?

I still play my SNES (BIG fan of Mega Man X series still to this day)
Playstation 4 (PSN: MaumeeBearcat)
Playstation 3
Gamecube
XboxOne (Gamertag: MaumeeBearcat)
3DS (purely for Fire Emblem and Phoenix Wright on long work plane rides)

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PurpleReigns - 08-31-2015 08:42 AM

Well I only have an Xboxone (GT: encmetalhead) sooooo xD

Also Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is releasing Feb 23rd! http://www.destructoid.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-dated-with-a-whole-mess-of-pre-order-nonsense-308580.phtml

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - BearcatMan - 08-31-2015 09:23 AM

(08-31-2015 08:42 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  Well I only have an Xboxone (GT: encmetalhead) sooooo xD

Also Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is releasing Feb 23rd! http://www.destructoid.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-dated-with-a-whole-mess-of-pre-order-nonsense-308580.phtml

[Image: ntXcohq.gif]

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PirateTreasureNC - 08-31-2015 09:43 AM

Systems:

NES
SNES
N64
Wii
WiiU
GBA
DS
NSDSXL
*Use Wii for GC games

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PurpleReigns - 09-06-2015 07:54 PM

Official Bundesliga graphics to go with amazing graphics! I'm pretty stoked on this game as its my first FIFA on current gen.

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=Fid4ih-FTuU

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PurpleReigns - 09-09-2015 06:51 PM

http://streamable.com/d4dc

Suarez bites his way to a goal in FIFA 16! Remember if it's in the game, it's in the game! 03-lmfao

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - DowdyPirate - 09-10-2015 03:59 PM

Decided to check on destiny after the update. Definitely recommend giving it another shot. Looks how it was hyped up to be to begin with. Not sure how repetitive it is yet though.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PirateTreasureNC - 09-10-2015 05:08 PM

Your burning questions answered!

Can't wait to get Super Mario Maker tomorrow.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PurpleReigns - 09-10-2015 08:25 PM

(09-10-2015 03:59 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Decided to check on destiny after the update. Definitely recommend giving it another shot. Looks how it was hyped up to be to begin with. Not sure how repetitive it is yet though.

**** Activation doe. I refuse to give them any more money.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PirateTreasureNC - 09-11-2015 10:08 AM

[Image: DSC01899.jpg]

Can't wait to start working with SMM.

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PurpleReigns - 09-11-2015 10:26 AM

**** Amiibos and the way N has handled the roll outs (basically created a scrapers culture)

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - Kronke - 09-12-2015 12:50 PM

If you want to have some fun with the Fifa 16 demo, I'm not sure if these options existed on previous Fifa's, but adjust the sliders to 100 for shot accuracy, shot speed, pass speed, and shot power, and put the slider for goalkeeping ability on 0. We were cracking up last night. I hit a 30 yard header with Alex Morgan that was just an absolute laser into the top corner. Fade away volleys from 50 yards that bend and knuckle like crazy.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Metal Gear Solid V Is Here!) - PirateTreasureNC - 09-14-2015 08:48 PM

Nice DLC for Smash...