CSNbbs
OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (/thread-737960.html)

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - PirateTreasureNC - 03-14-2017 10:35 AM

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/nintendo_releases_multiple_making_of_videos_for_the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild

Check 'em out.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - BearcatMan - 03-14-2017 10:52 AM

(03-14-2017 10:35 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/nintendo_releases_multiple_making_of_videos_for_the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild

Check 'em out.

Have you seen the Amiibo hacks for high level loot for BotW. Seems kind of broken.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - PirateTreasureNC - 03-14-2017 11:42 AM

(03-14-2017 10:52 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 10:35 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/nintendo_releases_multiple_making_of_videos_for_the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild

Check 'em out.

Have you seen the Amiibo hacks for high level loot for BotW. Seems kind of broken.

Amiibo hacks? All I have seen is getting raw meat in one area and selling it for mad chedda.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - BearcatMan - 03-14-2017 01:13 PM

(03-14-2017 11:42 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

Check 'em out.

Amiibo hacks? All I have seen is getting raw meat in one area and selling it for mad chedda.

I may have misinterpreted the article because I'm an amiibo neophyte, but here's where I read about the item/weapon drops.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/03/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-players-are-tricking-amiibos-to-grind-for-rare-loot/

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - PurpleReigns - 03-14-2017 09:21 PM

Not a hack. Players do this (soft resetting) in Pokémon for natures and rare Pokémon and all that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - BearcatMan - 03-14-2017 09:24 PM

Gotcha...Like I said, the Amiibo stuff is all foreign to me, I just thought it was kind of gamebreaking.

Related, but someone found all of the seeds...Apparently the reward is a literally piece of **** 03-lmfao

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - PurpleReigns - 03-14-2017 09:27 PM

(03-14-2017 09:24 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Gotcha...Like I said, the Amiibo stuff is all foreign to me, I just thought it was kind of gamebreaking.

Related, but someone found all of the seeds...Apparently the reward is a literally piece of **** 03-lmfao

It's kinda scummy but since there is no MP and if you have that amount of time, go for it. I just want an affordable smash link amiibo so I can get the best horse.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - PirateTreasureNC - 03-14-2017 10:11 PM

(03-14-2017 09:27 PM)PurpleReigns Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 09:24 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Gotcha...Like I said, the Amiibo stuff is all foreign to me, I just thought it was kind of gamebreaking.

It's kinda scummy but since there is no MP and if you have that amount of time, go for it. I just want an affordable smash link amiibo so I can get the best horse.

$13 for "Smash" Link. Unless you are a GCU member with Best Buy then he'd be 20% off.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - PirateTreasureNC - 03-14-2017 10:12 PM

(03-14-2017 01:13 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Check 'em out.

I may have misinterpreted the article because I'm an amiibo neophyte, but here's where I read about the item/weapon drops.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/03/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-players-are-tricking-amiibos-to-grind-for-rare-loot/

Amiibo unlocks aren't hacks.... each Amiibo gets your something basic but the Legend of Zelda characters get you special stuff. Everything they can unlock for you immediately you can get in the game at some point--just the Amiibo scan would do it for you immediately.

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - PurpleReigns - 03-15-2017 09:40 PM

(03-14-2017 10:11 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 09:27 PM)PurpleReigns Wrote:  

$13 for "Smash" Link. Unless you are a GCU member with Best Buy then he'd be 20% off.

Link? Cause I def can't find it on the website and I just relooked and still nothing.

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - PurpleReigns - 03-15-2017 09:41 PM

(03-14-2017 10:12 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 01:13 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Check 'em out.

Amiibo unlocks aren't hacks.... each Amiibo gets your something basic but the Legend of Zelda characters get you special stuff. Everything they can unlock for you immediately you can get in the game at some point--just the Amiibo scan would do it for you immediately.

Except the horse I think.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - BearcatMan - 03-29-2017 11:51 AM

Regardless of the stupid face animation witch hunt, Mass Effect: Andromeda has been one of the more entertaining and robust titles I have played in a long while. I've really been impressed with the additions and love the story/gameplay. All these people making a shitstorm over one screengrab have overshadowed a very strong game that I'd recommend to any action, shooter, RPG, or Sci-Fi fan.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - PirateTreasureNC - 04-06-2017 11:03 PM

[Image: fps0ds10n0qy.png]

05-stirthepot

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - fastbow - 04-07-2017 08:54 AM

(03-29-2017 11:51 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Regardless of the stupid face animation witch hunt, Mass Effect: Andromeda has been one of the more entertaining and robust titles I have played in a long while. I've really been impressed with the additions and love the story/gameplay. All these people making a shitstorm over one screengrab have overshadowed a very strong game that I'd recommend to any action, shooter, RPG, or Sci-Fi fan.

You can't deny though that the first patch is going to fix a LOT of issues.

Like that goddamned flying ship. Nearly derailed the game for me.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - ECUGrad07 - 04-07-2017 08:59 AM

I know I'm a year or so late to the party, but I've just begun discovering "Empire: Total War" mods... I downloaded the American Civil War mod... omg I am hooked. Civil War battles on an epic scale, in real-time. No Civil War game I've ever played even comes close.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: FYaS0hM.jpg]

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - fastbow - 04-07-2017 09:06 AM

(04-07-2017 08:59 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  I know I'm a year or so late to the party, but I've just begun discovering "Empire: Total War" mods... I downloaded the American Civil War mod... omg I am hooked. Civil War battles on an epic scale, in real-time. No Civil War game I've ever played even comes close.

Which mod are you using? I'd be into that.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - ECUGrad07 - 04-07-2017 09:07 AM

(04-07-2017 09:06 AM)fastbow Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 08:59 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  I know I'm a year or so late to the party, but I've just begun discovering "Empire: Total War" mods... I downloaded the American Civil War mod... omg I am hooked. Civil War battles on an epic scale, in real-time. No Civil War game I've ever played even comes close.

Which mod are you using? I'd be into that.

American Civil War Mod

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - PurpleReigns - 04-07-2017 04:36 PM

So Lego City Undercover is a pretty fun game to give me Zelda breaks until Mario Kart is done.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - BearcatMan - 04-09-2017 04:40 PM

(04-07-2017 08:54 AM)fastbow Wrote:  
(03-29-2017 11:51 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Regardless of the stupid face animation witch hunt, Mass Effect: Andromeda has been one of the more entertaining and robust titles I have played in a long while. I've really been impressed with the additions and love the story/gameplay. All these people making a shitstorm over one screengrab have overshadowed a very strong game that I'd recommend to any action, shooter, RPG, or Sci-Fi fan.

Absolutely...but I'm one of the few people who happens to be fine with Day 1 patches, DLC, etc. Just finished the game and have 96% completion (I'm guessing the other four are the find tasks and since there are absolutely no quest indicators I probably won't finish them). Loved the hell out of this game, and will never understand the hate it has been getting. Too many people are acting like this is Mass Effect 4 rather than the start of a new trilogy with their character connection complaints and whatnot...as far as gameplay, story, and table setting, the game is great. If you go in with a clear mind and not unreal expectations by comparing this against one of the best games of all-time (ME2) and just enjoy the journey, you'll be happy.

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Switch it up!) - fastbow - 04-09-2017 05:25 PM

(04-09-2017 04:40 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 08:54 AM)fastbow Wrote:  

Absolutely...but I'm one of the few people who happens to be fine with Day 1 patches, DLC, etc. Just finished the game and have 96% completion (I'm guessing the other four are the find tasks and since there are absolutely no quest indicators I probably won't finish them). Loved the hell out of this game, and will never understand the hate it has been getting. Too many people are acting like this is Mass Effect 4 rather than the start of a new trilogy with their character connection complaints and whatnot...as far as gameplay, story, and table setting, the game is great. If you go in with a clear mind and not unreal expectations by comparing this against one of the best games of all-time (ME2) and just enjoy the journey, you'll be happy.

I have almost the exact same experience. Beat it over spring break with everything done except the markerless quests. And I've come to almost the exact same conclusion: it's a brilliant game that may have some rough edges, but a wonderful heart.

All they've got to do is give me my Quarians, and I'll be a VERY happy camper.