CSNbbs
Rutgers is terrible - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big10bbs (/forum-259.html)
+---- Forum: Big 10 Conference Talk (/forum-167.html)
+---- Thread: Rutgers is terrible (/thread-749693.html)

Pages: 1 2

Rutgers is terrible - General Mike - 09-19-2015 09:24 PM

Please clean house.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - mikeinsec127 - 09-19-2015 09:34 PM

We really have nothing going for us. I'd love to agree about cleaning house. Frankly we don't have the resources to buy out Flood and make a major hire. Without a proven name coming in to coach, would loose this recruiting class and probably the next. Once that happens, we essentially become Illinois. That being said, our O line can't block, our D can't tackle and our QB can't throw. I was at PSU the last time we played there. This team looks a lot like that one.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - General Mike - 09-19-2015 10:07 PM

Rutgers can find money. The big donors just have to be realistic about the targets.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - TerpsNPhoenix - 09-20-2015 06:07 AM

Maryland vs Rutgers is going to be an EPIC **** storm.

Rutgers is terrible - Jimmy - 09-20-2015 10:04 AM

Maryland is in a much better position than Rutgers this year, but I think both teams will be looking for coaches when they meet in November. Tickets should be cheap, at least.

Rutgers is terrible - Jimmy - 09-20-2015 10:21 AM

Here will be RU's short list for candidates:
Mr. Magoo. Instant credibility as a Rutgers alum
Greg Toal from Don Bosco Prep. The jump from high school to DI never blows up.
Sgt. Schultz. Wait, he's already on a three-game suspension
Norries Wilson. I like how he shoots from the hip.
Charlie Weis. Jersey guy.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - chrisRU - 09-20-2015 12:04 PM

I'm usually not a doom and gloom guy, but that game last night was horrible to watch. The offense showed less life than the 2010 squad. If Rutgers loses to Kansas next week at homecoming, they may not win another game for the rest of the season. I don't see the team rallying together from that point.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - TerpsNPhoenix - 09-20-2015 07:58 PM

(09-20-2015 10:04 AM)Jimmy Wrote:  Maryland is in a much better position than Rutgers this year, but I think both teams will be looking for coaches when they meet in November. Tickets should be cheap, at least.

As bad as I think Maryland may do this year…still not sure they get rid of Edsall 03-hissyfit 01-lauramac2

RE: Rutgers is terrible - General Mike - 10-24-2015 09:52 PM

As I said before, please clean house.

I never expected Rutgers to beat Ohio State this year or last, but getting embarrassed on national TV just gnaws away at me. Not sure why I even bother watching the games anymore.

But there's no money, so were stuck with another year of uninterested in-state recruits and blow out losses against any team with a pulse.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 10-25-2015 10:28 PM

A waste of the ABC primetime slot.

I was hoping for a miracle, instead we got a Buckeye love fest.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - AntiG - 10-25-2015 11:04 PM

well at least we might see a little bit more of Rettig the rest of the season but I doubt Flood will ever bench Laviano.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - UpStreamRedTeam - 10-26-2015 03:15 PM

(10-25-2015 11:04 PM)AntiG Wrote:  well at least we might see a little bit more of Rettig the rest of the season but I doubt Flood will ever bench Laviano.

That throw from Rettig at the end was worth sitting there until the bitter end to see.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - chrisRU - 10-26-2015 04:20 PM

I would be shocked, *SHOCKED*, if Flood starts Rettig unless laviano is completely failing or Flood feels lke his job is on the line. Sadly I think there will be significant mopup duty for him over the next couple games.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - General Mike - 10-26-2015 05:48 PM

(10-26-2015 04:20 PM)chrisRU Wrote:  I would be shocked, *SHOCKED*, if Flood starts Rettig unless laviano is completely failing or Flood feels lke his job is on the line. Sadly I think there will be significant mopup duty for him over the next couple games.

I was shocked he even got in the game.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - TerryD - 10-27-2015 11:43 AM

(09-19-2015 09:34 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  We really have nothing going for us. I'd love to agree about cleaning house. Frankly we don't have the resources to buy out Flood and make a major hire. Without a proven name coming in to coach, would loose this recruiting class and probably the next. Once that happens, we essentially become Illinois. That being said, our O line can't block, our D can't tackle and our QB can't throw. I was at PSU the last time we played there. This team looks a lot like that one.

I can understand that thinking if Rutgers was still in the AAC. But, can't Rutgers use the Big Ten/BTN TV money to do this?

RE: Rutgers is terrible - AntiG - 10-27-2015 12:07 PM

(09-19-2015 09:34 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  We really have nothing going for us. I'd love to agree about cleaning house. Frankly we don't have the resources to buy out Flood and make a major hire. Without a proven name coming in to coach, would loose this recruiting class and probably the next. Once that happens, we essentially become Illinois. That being said, our O line can't block, our D can't tackle and our QB can't throw. I was at PSU the last time we played there. This team looks a lot like that one.

Steve Belichick in another couple years lol

RE: Rutgers is terrible - Clammy - 10-27-2015 05:31 PM

(10-27-2015 11:43 AM)TerryD Wrote:  

I can understand that thinking if Rutgers was still in the AAC. But, can't Rutgers use the Big Ten/BTN TV money to do this?

Rutgers doesn't start getting its full share of the B1G money until 2021. Until then, the Univ President is putting a lot of pressure on Athletics to reduce costs and the share of the Athletics budget that depends upon student fees. Rutgers remains a cheapskate for at least the next 5 years.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - General Mike - 10-27-2015 06:50 PM

Good thing Barchi is gonna retire in 6 months.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - Jimmy - 10-28-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:Good thing Barchi is gonna retire in 6 months.

Which is why it might be best to wait until he's out to hire a new coach and AD. Maybe the next president is equipped with the leadership skills to handle a large university instead of being narrowly focused on a medical school merger.

RE: Rutgers is terrible - TerryD - 10-28-2015 02:53 PM

(10-27-2015 05:31 PM)Clammy Wrote:  
(10-27-2015 11:43 AM)TerryD Wrote:  

Rutgers doesn't start getting its full share of the B1G money until 2021. Until then, the Univ President is putting a lot of pressure on Athletics to reduce costs and the share of the Athletics budget that depends upon student fees. Rutgers remains a cheapskate for at least the next 5 years.

Ouch. I did not know that. That certainly limits the choices.