CSNbbs
UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: Verbal Assault Area (/forum-728.html)
+---- Thread: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten (/thread-749943.html)

UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - BE4evah - 09-21-2015 12:29 PM

Now we all know that recruiting is the wild west of college football. Negative recruiting, hostesses, handshake money, mentors, car dealers, etc. So take this at face value.

A UConn insider states that recruits are hearing that UConn will be in the Big Ten. There is very little downside for UConn if this is true.

If UConn isn't invited, they still have the recruits who were persuaded to come based in part on this information.

However, while Rutgers was telling recruits that they'd play in the Big Ten, I recall many instances of schools saying similar thingscwhich turned out not to be wholly true (ECU, Cincy, etc.)

RE: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - UConnHusky - 09-21-2015 12:40 PM

(09-21-2015 12:29 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  Now we all know that recruiting is the wild west of college football. Negative recruiting, hostesses, handshake money, mentors, car dealers, etc. So take this at face value.

A UConn insider states that recruits are hearing that UConn will be in the Big Ten. There is very little downside for UConn if this is true.

If UConn isn't invited, they still have the recruits who were persuaded to come based in part on this information.

However, while Rutgers was telling recruits that they'd play in the Big Ten, I recall many instances of schools saying similar thingscwhich turned out not to be wholly true (ECU, Cincy, etc.)

You just can't claim an "insider" without providing your source. I am considering submitting this thread to UConn's legal department as your unsubstantiated claim is an act of libel against the University of Connecticut. You do understand that if you claim these types of things as facts, even in a place like this, you can be held legally responsible, correct? This isn't an opinion you are stating. You are making a definitive claim about something that you are saying that UConn is doing. I would suggest that you remove this thread ASAP unless you are ready to back this claim up against the university..

RE: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - Wedge - 09-21-2015 12:42 PM

That's enough. This thread is moved to the VAA board, http://csnbbs.com/forum-728.html

RE: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - UConnHusky - 09-21-2015 12:44 PM

(09-21-2015 12:42 PM)Wedge Wrote:  That's enough. This thread is moved to the VAA board, http://csnbbs.com/forum-728.html

Thank you, Wedge.

RE: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - Hank Schrader - 09-21-2015 12:49 PM

(09-21-2015 12:42 PM)Wedge Wrote:  That's enough. This thread is moved to the VAA board, http://csnbbs.com/forum-728.html

Thank you Wedge.

RE: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - TerryD - 09-21-2015 12:53 PM

His "insider" is "Car Wash Man" in North Carolina ( I think) who posts on The Boneyard.

RE: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - NittanyLion - 09-21-2015 12:58 PM

What he really meant is that the Little East is planning on inviting Connecticut and Lyndon State College and renaming themselves the "Little Ten Conference."

RE: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - HuskyU - 09-21-2015 01:07 PM

(09-21-2015 12:58 PM)NittanyLion Wrote:  What he really meant is that the Little East is planning on inviting Connecticut and Lyndon State College and renaming themselves the "Little Ten Conference."

Probably not a good idea for a Penn State fan to bring up renaming...

RE: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - CliftonAve - 09-21-2015 01:36 PM

(09-21-2015 12:53 PM)TerryD Wrote:  His "insider" is "Car Wash Man" in North Carolina ( I think) who posts on The Boneyard.

Let me guess, while putting Armorall on Jim Delaney's car he overheard the man on the phone with UConn's president?
s

RE: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - BE4evah - 09-21-2015 03:02 PM

Odd that this type of information is not welcome.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/news-from-the-wash.80760/

This guy has a good reputation among UConn fans. Fair enough that the Conference Realignment board isn't the proper board about discussion of conference realignment speculation, although admittedly I am confused as to which one would be.

Re: RE: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - quo vadis - 09-21-2015 07:20 PM

(09-21-2015 03:02 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  Odd that this type of information is not welcome.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/news-from-the-wash.80760/

This guy has a good reputation among UConn fans. Fair enough that the Conference Realignment board isn't the proper board about discussion of conference realignment speculation, although admittedly I am confused as to which one would be.

Keep fighting the good fight, 4Evah.

RE: UConn insider: recruits hearing they'll be playing in Big Ten - MplsBison - 09-22-2015 08:47 AM

(09-21-2015 12:40 PM)UConnHusky Wrote:  
(09-21-2015 12:29 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  Now we all know that recruiting is the wild west of college football. Negative recruiting, hostesses, handshake money, mentors, car dealers, etc. So take this at face value.

You just can't claim an "insider" without providing your source. I am considering submitting this thread to UConn's legal department as your unsubstantiated claim is an act of libel against the University of Connecticut. You do understand that if you claim these types of things as facts, even in a place like this, you can be held legally responsible, correct? This isn't an opinion you are stating. You are making a definitive claim about something that you are saying that UConn is doing. I would suggest that you remove this thread ASAP unless you are ready to back this claim up against the university..

Making a post on CSNBBS is literally nothing more than the digital equivalent of scribbling "UConn did []" on a piece of paper and tacking it to a tack board in a Hartford train station.

UConn is going to sue someone over that? No offense, but BS.

I get you're frustrated and just trying to scare him. But threatening (fake) lawsuits is bull and should not be tolerated by the board moderators.

Lest they feel that it's acceptable for everyone to go around and threaten every poster he/she doesn't like with a lawsuit. 05-nono