CSNbbs
"I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please (/thread-752887.html)

"I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - ecuacc4ever - 10-13-2015 12:20 PM

So, I'm in the middle of reading Pat Forde's latest Forde-Yard Dash piece and I ran across this tidbit under his "CHANGE OF SCENERY (COACHING) CANDIDATES" section...

Quote:Bob Stoops (19), Oklahoma. He would seem less likely than Richt to jump at a fresh start – but the frustration level is growing in Norman, and that shocking loss to Texas last Saturday sure didn’t help. The Dash believes Stoops can still win big, but may need a change of venue to do so. A guy with a defense-first mentality may be better off somewhere other than the track-meet league the Big 12 has become.

With that in mind, I'll submit this one:

"Bob Stoops has agreed to become next head coach at the University of Maryland."

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - ken d - 10-13-2015 12:25 PM

(10-13-2015 12:20 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  So, I'm in the middle of reading Pat Forde's latest Forde-Yard Dash piece and I ran across this tidbit under his "CHANGE OF SCENERY (COACHING) CANDIDATES" section...

Quote:Bob Stoops (19), Oklahoma. He would seem less likely than Richt to jump at a fresh start – but the frustration level is growing in Norman, and that shocking loss to Texas last Saturday sure didn’t help. The Dash believes Stoops can still win big, but may need a change of venue to do so. A guy with a defense-first mentality may be better off somewhere other than the track-meet league the Big 12 has become.

With that in mind, I'll submit this one:

"Bob Stoops has agreed to become next head coach at the University of Maryland."

Until your last line, I expected to see you sending him to Southern Cal.

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - ecuacc4ever - 10-13-2015 12:26 PM

^ This is not a "Coaching Hire I Can See From a Mile Away" thread...

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - Hokie Mark - 10-13-2015 12:36 PM

Nah, Stoops is waiting on Beamer to retire so he can move to Blacksburg...
05-stirthepot

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - Tigeer - 10-13-2015 01:58 PM

(10-13-2015 12:36 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Nah, Stoops is waiting on Beamer to retire so he can move to Blacksburg...
05-stirthepot

He best not hold his breath.

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - georgia_tech_swagger - 10-13-2015 03:02 PM

Richt seems to be teflon. He never does enough to make UGAg fans happy ... but nobody will do that short of Harbaugh/Saban/Meyer. But he keeps on surviving.

I hope UGAg fires him. He has crushed GT in recruiting and on the field ever since he's been there. And firing a coach with his track record ... wellllll the last time coaches with records that good were fired was Maryland (Fridge), Nebraska (Solich), and Miami (Coker). How's that workin' out for those schools?

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - XLance - 10-13-2015 03:14 PM

(10-13-2015 03:02 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Richt seems to be teflon. He never does enough to make UGAg fans happy ... but nobody will do that short of Harbaugh/Saban/Meyer. But he keeps on surviving.

I hope UGAg fires him. He has crushed GT in recruiting and on the field ever since he's been there. And firing a coach with his track record ... wellllll the last time coaches with records that good were fired was Maryland (Fridge), Nebraska (Solich), and Miami (Coker). How's that workin' out for those schools?

GTS, I see you have developed an evil side.

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - CardinalJim - 10-15-2015 12:06 PM

I like Kevin Sumlin to SoCal. (Actually heard that on ESPN yesterday with Mark Stoops from Kentucky being Sumlin's replacement.)
Also like Jeff Brohm to Maryland

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - Otacon - 10-15-2015 01:54 PM

In 2017, WVU announces that Nick Saban will come coach the Mountaineers.

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - Wilkie01 - 10-15-2015 05:01 PM

(10-15-2015 01:54 PM)Otacon Wrote:  In 2017, WVU announces that Nick Saban will come coach the Mountaineers.

More like Marshall Coach John "Doc" Holliday 07-coffee3

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - XLance - 10-15-2015 06:31 PM

(10-13-2015 12:36 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Nah, Stoops is waiting on Beamer to retire so he can move to Blacksburg...
05-stirthepot

I thought that job belonged to Rich Rod.

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - Hokie Mark - 10-15-2015 07:42 PM

(10-15-2015 06:31 PM)XLance Wrote:  
05-stirthepot

I thought that job belonged to Rich Rod.

I'd love to see either coach at VT, but I don't expect that to happen.

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - Otacon - 10-15-2015 08:18 PM

(10-15-2015 05:01 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  
(10-15-2015 01:54 PM)Otacon Wrote:  In 2017, WVU announces that Nick Saban will come coach the Mountaineers.

More like Marshall Coach John "Doc" Holliday 07-coffee3

Louisville needs a moral compass more than WVU.....07-coffee3

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - ChrisLords - 10-16-2015 01:38 AM

Maryland gets in a bidding war for Tom Herman and ends up paying him 4 Million a year for a head coach that's coached 6 games.

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 10-17-2015 09:28 PM

Nick Saban to Army.

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - ChrisLords - 10-17-2015 09:30 PM

Maryland gets Art Briles for $7m a year plus $5m for his coaching staff.

RE: "I Didn't See This Coaching Hire Coming" -- your nominations, please - WNCOrange - 10-18-2015 10:25 AM

Greg Schiano to Syracuse.