CSNbbs
CBS still fighting against modern technology - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+------ Forum: Off Topic (/forum-977.html)
+------ Thread: CBS still fighting against modern technology (/thread-774571.html)

CBS still fighting against modern technology - WMInTheBurg - 03-17-2016 11:37 AM

I was all set up to watch the first round of games, then I found out games on CBS aren't on the app. Doesn't matter if you have a cable subscription or not. I guess I'm not watching the UNCW game. I hope CBS stock drops and they fire everyone. Consistently, they're the network that's resisting the change their business model will ultimately have to make.

RE: CBS still fighting against modern technology - nogretheogre - 03-17-2016 12:51 PM

Bosses everywhere thank CBS...

RE: CBS still fighting against modern technology - WMInTheBurg - 03-17-2016 01:50 PM

Starting a couple of years ago, I take the first two days of the tournament off. I'm pretty sure the Tribe would be a First Four team, but I want to attempt to watch as much basketball as possible.

Instead of trying to get their product to all the cord-cutters, CBS is taking the "you'll pay us for it or you'll get nothing" line. I watch more commercials on Hulu than I ever did DVR'ing primetime. I don't watch any commercials on CBS because I don't watch that channel anymore.

RE: CBS still fighting against modern technology - dan10 - 03-17-2016 01:55 PM

The other thing they did last year and again this year is took away the scores of other games going on, which is silly. If CBS was smart any game being streamed you could see the other scores and swap games, instead you have no idea without looking elsewhere to know if you should switch games for an exciting ending.

RE: CBS still fighting against modern technology - hktribefan - 03-21-2016 11:20 AM

(03-17-2016 11:37 AM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  I was all set up to watch the first round of games, then I found out games on CBS aren't on the app. Doesn't matter if you have a cable subscription or not. I guess I'm not watching the UNCW game. I hope CBS stock drops and they fire everyone. Consistently, they're the network that's resisting the change their business model will ultimately have to make.

Not sure which app you were using, but I was able to watch the UNCW game (and others on CBS) on the app just fine.

RE: CBS still fighting against modern technology - WMInTheBurg - 03-21-2016 06:13 PM

I was watching on a Roku. It was probably fine for mobile, but I was trying to watch on a TV. I have a screenshot of the message to remind me of how terrible CBS is.

RE: CBS still fighting against modern technology - hktribefan - 03-22-2016 08:46 AM

(03-21-2016 06:13 PM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  I was watching on a Roku. It was probably fine for mobile, but I was trying to watch on a TV. I have a screenshot of the message to remind me of how terrible CBS is.

Ah yeah, so I think (not positive) it's actually the NCAA restrictions. The idea is that every game should be able to be watched through the NCAA March Madness app. For games that happen to be on channels that can normally be watched through other portals (TBS, TNT, and TruTV), that is still permissible, but since mainstream CBS is normally not available to watch (at least on Xfinity that I deal with), it's not added just for the tournament. Arcane TV contract rules to be sure...