CSNbbs
"I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT (/thread-778447.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 06-27-2016 07:05 AM

Jamie when he comes back to Kings Landing

http://imgur.com/cMWalaa

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - nomad2u2001 - 06-27-2016 03:00 PM

(06-26-2016 09:16 PM)GhentFan Wrote:  1)Holy crap, way too many people died.
2)Sansa seemed a little butt hurt. Think Little finger was behind the promotion?
3)How did Dorn get there so fast? (Final scene)

I don't think she was jealous about it. She's worried about what littlefinger is going to do.

The story isn't as linear as people think. We don't really know the time frame between Varys meeting with the ladies in dorne and the boats getting there. I think the time frame is a good deal longer than the stories on Westeros.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 06-27-2016 05:12 PM

My wife has the same opinion as you about Little finger.

I'm under the impression that he put the idea in Lady Mormont's head about having Jon be the king. He could have set up the whole thing up so Sansa would go with him to the Vale, perhaps taking over Riverrun either by force or some other means.
If Jon is on his side and controls the north, he could be able to call up The Vale, the North and perhaps Riverrun's troops. Also, doesn't Little finger hold Harrenhal?
Him ruling just the North limits him in my opinion.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - AssyrianDuke - 06-27-2016 06:14 PM

2)Sansa seemed a little butt hurt. Think Little finger was behind the promotion?

1. It's Game of Thrones. What did you expect? Lol. But I agree... a whole lot of familiar faces are gone. I will say though, I always thought green was a good color on Margaery. Too soon?

2. Agree that Sansa is not so much butt hurt, as worried about Littlefinger, who seemed to not enjoy the promotion party. Sansa did appear to have pride and happiness on her face when Jon was first anointed, but perhaps she is wondering what her own role is now that her half-brother is the KotN?

3. My concern is not so much with Dornish ships getting to Mereen in five scenes, but with why Varys even went back? Over the course of three episodes he goes from Mereen to Dorne, brings together what is left of the Martells and Tyrells (no easy feat itself as those two families HATE each other), and then sails back to Mereen just so he can sail back to Dorne? WHY NOT JUST WAIT IN DORNE?!?!?!? Aren't there things to prepare for Dany's arrival? Aren't there "little birds" to listen to? Can't he go north and see if the Starks might join the coalition? Hope he has travel mile rewards.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - CameramanJ - 06-27-2016 07:58 PM

(06-27-2016 06:14 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  

1. It's Game of Thrones. What did you expect? Lol. But I agree... a whole lot of familiar faces are gone. I will say though, I always thought green was a good color on Margaery. Too soon?

2. Agree that Sansa is not so much butt hurt, as worried about Littlefinger, who seemed to not enjoy the promotion party. Sansa did appear to have pride and happiness on her face when Jon was first anointed, but perhaps she is wondering what her own role is now that her half-brother is the KotN?

3. My concern is not so much with Dornish ships getting to Mereen in five scenes, but with why Varys even went back? Over the course of three episodes he goes from Mereen to Dorne, brings together what is left of the Martells and Tyrells (no easy feat itself as those two families HATE each other), and then sails back to Mereen just so he can sail back to Dorne? WHY NOT JUST WAIT IN DORNE?!?!?!? Aren't there things to prepare for Dany's arrival? Aren't there "little birds" to listen to? Can't he go north and see if the Starks might join the coalition? Hope he has travel mile rewards.

Varys is nicknamed "The Spider" and rightly so. He materializes unannounced in places that suit him but where he is not expected. He disappears before anyone can throw a shoe at him, leaving nothing but webs and the idea that he might return at some point.

Either that or bald eunuchs have magic powers in HBO Westeros. He's the only one we've seen after all.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - nomad2u2001 - 06-27-2016 09:23 PM

(06-27-2016 05:12 PM)GhentFan Wrote:  My wife has the same opinion as you about Little finger.

I'm under the impression that he put the idea in Lady Mormont's head about having Jon be the king. He could have set up the whole thing up so Sansa would go with him to the Vale, perhaps taking over Riverrun either by force or some other means.
If Jon is on his side and controls the north, he could be able to call up The Vale, the North and perhaps Riverrun's troops. Also, doesn't Little finger hold Harrenhal?
Him ruling just the North limits him in my opinion.

That could be true. I think the strange thing is that a lot of these lands are in a pretty messed up position as far a succession is concerned. Dorne doesn't have legitimate rulers right, The Reach has an elderly woman in charge and a line that has been wiped out, Storm's End is in the air, there are four people with a claim to the North (Bran is ahead of Jon)--I think that the others won't press their claim--, and the Iron Islands. Every sword is up for grabs.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 06-28-2016 07:49 AM

I don't see Bran taking control over the North.
His future is probably to continue with the 3-eyed Raven gig. That might result in him being an advisor to his brother, or something. Hell, he might just stay north of the wall (or what ever is left of it after the coming zombie battle).

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - billybobby777 - 06-28-2016 08:57 AM

(06-28-2016 07:49 AM)GhentFan Wrote:  I don't see Bran taking control over the North.
His future is probably to continue with the 3-eyed Raven gig. That might result in him being an advisor to his brother, or something. Hell, he might just stay north of the wall (or what ever is left of it after the coming zombie battle).

1. Yes, Bran's new gig as 3 eyed Raven is for life.
2. Well that wall is eventually coming down. It has too for those things to wreak havoc on Westoroes.
3. I thought it was dumb to show Vary's in Dorne and then back in Mareen heading back to Westeroes too. I think we all can agree on that.
4. Little finger is brilliant, and only does what benifits him. He terrifies Sansa. He's got some trick up his sleeve and she knows it.
5. Cersi is bat sh!t crazy and at a level I didn't think possible. I expected her to use wild fire to burn KL In a suicide move. Not blow up the church where everyone she hates was inside. She wasn't surprised her son committed suicide. What else was he going to do at that point? Then the lunatic dons a crown and sits down on the iron throne. Jamie better shove his sword in his sisters back if he's to redeem himself for past sins IMHO.

Cheers!

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - 49RFootballNow - 06-28-2016 11:51 AM

Cersei would never commit suicide so long as she has another way out.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - CameramanJ - 06-28-2016 06:08 PM

I wonder if Gendry could see the explosion from his rowboat

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 06-28-2016 08:55 PM

Does Sansa kill Littlefinger? I think so if she finds out he was involved his Ned's death.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - boroeagle2 - 06-29-2016 07:32 AM

(06-28-2016 08:55 PM)GhentFan Wrote:  Does Sansa kill Littlefinger? I think so if she finds out he was involved his Ned's death.
That's a legit point, now that Ramsey's dead, there's not a "big bad" on the show for people to root against (other than the Night's King). So I could definitely see some of Baelish's prior scheming come to light, and/or Sansa/Jon find out he's plotting against them now, and SS ends his ass!

I can't believe we have to wait 10 months to find out 03-weeping

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - AssyrianDuke - 06-29-2016 08:44 AM

(06-29-2016 07:32 AM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  
(06-28-2016 08:55 PM)GhentFan Wrote:  Does Sansa kill Littlefinger? I think so if she finds out he was involved his Ned's death.
That's a legit point, now that Ramsey's dead, there's not a "big bad" on the show for people to root against (other than the Night's King). So I could definitely see some of Baelish's prior scheming come to light, and/or Sansa/Jon find out he's plotting against them now, and SS ends his ass!

Night's King, Euron, Cersei, perhaps the Karstarks and/or Umbers (their betrayal hurt really bad. They were the Ollie to my Jon Snow). Littlefinger would certainly fit on that list. Hope Jon keeps Ghost near him.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - flyingswoosh - 06-29-2016 01:31 PM

(06-29-2016 08:44 AM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  
(06-29-2016 07:32 AM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  

Night's King, Euron, Cersei, perhaps the Karstarks and/or Umbers (their betrayal hurt really bad. They were the Ollie to my Jon Snow). Littlefinger would certainly fit on that list. Hope Jon keeps Ghost near him.

Yeah Cersei is definitely someone whom I root against. The only time I applauded her was in the last episode because her whole plan was straight baller. But now that she's back on the Iron Throne I'm definitely rooting for someone (preferably a Stark) to take her out

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - CameramanJ - 06-29-2016 06:49 PM

Is there anyone still alive on the show that knows of Baelish's role in Ned's failed coup and would be willing to divulge that information? I'm wondering how Sansa would come by such sensitive intelligence, especially now that she is back in the North with no ties to King's Landing. Counting off people who knew of Baelish's involvement, we have:

Janos Slynt - beheaded by Jon Snow for something completely unrelated (Jon unwittingly exacts revenge for Slynt's betrayal of Ned)

Petyr Baelish - very alive, not stupid (also unlikely to divulge given he is the perpetrator)

Cersei Lannister - alive, positively unhinged, semi-frequent Baelish patron (if they have her specifically mention the betrayal in a ravenscroll and Sansa intercepts/finds it when Baelish isn't looking, that would be lame)

Varys - alive, constantly plotting to advance the Targaryen Restoration (could use the information as leverage to gain Sansa's support and implicitly the support of the North -- though he is very cautious of Baelish, in the past he seemed reluctant to outright kill him...doing this would be dooming him to certain death)

Also, possibly Tyrion - when he is spreading misinformation among his confidantes (Baelish, Varys, and Pycelle) in S2 he mentions Baelish's help "in the matter of the succession"

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 06-29-2016 11:30 PM

Doesn't the Hound also know?

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - BobcatEngineer - 06-30-2016 10:07 AM

(06-29-2016 11:30 PM)GhentFan Wrote:  Doesn't the Hound also know?

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe he was in the throne room when the guards of the city watch turned their weapons on Ned.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - AssyrianDuke - 06-30-2016 04:42 PM

What are the odds, in your opinions, that Sansa finds out that he helped plot Joffrey's death (perhaps Bran has seen the DVDs while weirwood-ing)? Then she could find a way to turn him in to Cersei, be rid of him (more than likely for good), and clear her own name at the same time. Either way, I think Season 7 will be Littlefinger's last, especially if he continues to try and drive a wedge between the Starks.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 06-30-2016 05:14 PM

(06-30-2016 10:07 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  
(06-29-2016 11:30 PM)GhentFan Wrote:  Doesn't the Hound also know?

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe he was in the throne room when the guards of the city watch turned their weapons on Ned.

Wife and I are going to start re-watch all the episodes going 2 per week. Allowing time for vacations, we should be finishing up right before season 7 starts. It'll be fun to see all the foreshadowing stuff that I missed in the past. (I've only watched the episodes 1 time each so far).

I'll keep an eye out for the Hound :)

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - CameramanJ - 06-30-2016 06:55 PM

(06-30-2016 04:42 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  What are the odds, in your opinions, that Sansa finds out that he helped plot Joffrey's death (perhaps Bran has seen the DVDs while weirwood-ing)? Then she could find a way to turn him in to Cersei, be rid of him (more than likely for good), and clear her own name at the same time. Either way, I think Season 7 will be Littlefinger's last, especially if he continues to try and drive a wedge between the Starks.

Sansa knows that Baelish was part of the Joffrey assassination plot; he explains it to her right after he kills Dontos Hollard. Then he goes on the "a man with no motive is a man no one suspects" monologue.