CSNbbs
Does recent conference news mean anything for B1G? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big10bbs (/forum-259.html)
+---- Forum: Big 10 Conference Talk (/forum-167.html)
+---- Thread: Does recent conference news mean anything for B1G? (/thread-784762.html)

Does recent conference news mean anything for B1G? - Strut - 07-20-2016 04:26 PM

Now that ACC has announced new network and Big 12 is looking to expand is there anything news worthy to you or just meh for B1G?

I don't see anything that seems a news starter other than a few teams may be knocking a little louder about potential openings at all P5 doors since Big 12 has started up the expansion merry-go-round again.

RE: Does recent conference news mean anything for B1G? - RutgersGuy - 07-20-2016 04:35 PM

(07-20-2016 04:26 PM)Strut Wrote:  Now that ACC has announced new network and Big 12 is looking to expand is there anything news worthy to you or just meh for B1G?

I don't see anything that seems a news starter other than a few teams may be knocking a little louder about potential openings at all P5 doors since Big 12 has started up the expansion merry-go-round again.

Th B1G is a patient conference. I think the idea was to wait until the GoR were up and see who was available. I think thats still the idea but now it's just the XII's rights that will be up in 9 years. So there are 3 big fish still out there. UT, OU and to a lesser extent KU. Getting a fourth would be easy with UConn dying for a life preserver.

RE: Does recent conference news mean anything for B1G? - NJ2MDTerp - 07-21-2016 01:19 PM

It means the potential pickings have gotten slimmer. And, unless the Big Twelve folds anytime soon, it'll be a long wait for either GORs to expire or for the most eligible (by Big Ten standards) of the G5 schools to improve their academic and athletic performances to a level that satisfies the Big Ten school presidents.

RE: Does recent conference news mean anything for B1G? - RutgersGuy - 07-21-2016 03:23 PM

(07-21-2016 01:19 PM)NJ2MDTerp Wrote:  It means the potential pickings have gotten slimmer. And, unless the Big Twelve folds anytime soon, it'll be a long wait for either GORs to expire or for the most eligible (by Big Ten standards) of the G5 schools to improve their academic and athletic performances to a level that satisfies the Big Ten school presidents.

Not that long, less than a decade until the Big XII GOR runs out. You can invite prior to it running out, they just can't leave before that. So we could invite 2-4 Big XII teams in 7-8 years. The B1G sat at 11 for 20 years.