CSNbbs
Possible new banner for our board - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: Possible new banner for our board (/thread-810327.html)

Possible new banner for our board - Curtisc83 - 02-25-2017 11:31 AM

So I've had my graphic artist guy make this up (see attached) and would like to know if y'all would prefer it over the "Fan the Flames" banner.

RE: Possible new banner for our board - GE and MTS - 02-25-2017 01:03 PM

I like the logo but it doesn't give a "name" to the board. I would be okay with replacing our current banner with this.

RE: Possible new banner for our board - Curtisc83 - 02-25-2017 01:09 PM

(02-25-2017 01:03 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I like the logo but it doesn't give a "name" to the board. I would be okay with replacing our current banner with this.

My thoughts on this is less is more. And the logo is pretty descriptive. It shows LU stands for Liberty and it's in the state of VA.

RE: Possible new banner for our board - Curtisc83 - 02-25-2017 01:12 PM

If it's decided we are going this direction let me know and I'll send you the higher quality .png

RE: Possible new banner for our board - GE and MTS - 02-25-2017 01:36 PM

I personally don't have any authority over it but if everyone agrees to change it then you should PM GTS for the change.

RE: Possible new banner for our board - NewTimes - 02-25-2017 06:48 PM

Curtis, kudos to you for taking the initiative to create an new logo and present to posters for their thoughts. I like it. And I would find out the dimensions from GTS and then see what it will look like. You may want to enlarge the LU if it appears smaller when reduced.

RE: Possible new banner for our board - PAmedic - 02-25-2017 09:29 PM

"LU" is actually copywrited by the school

As is the name/font

They will go after you. Ask Manson

Just FYI

RE: Possible new banner for our board - GE and MTS - 02-25-2017 10:19 PM

(02-25-2017 09:29 PM)PAmedic Wrote:  "LU" is actually copywrited by the school

As is the name/font

They will go after you. Ask Manson

Just FYI

Thanks for the heads up. I guess that puts it to rest.

RE: Possible new banner for our board - PAmedic - 02-26-2017 03:13 AM

Or Trademarked

One or the other

But yeah

RE: Possible new banner for our board - georgia_tech_swagger - 02-27-2017 05:22 PM

As already mentioned, including TM'ed stuff is a bad idea. There's a fair use case, but obviously they can spend enough money in lawyers to bankrupt us before we could ever prove such a case. The bigger we get, the more all logos/TMs will be purged from the site and increasingly frowned upon unless they are avatars/sigs put in by users themselves. That I have a very very clear legal defense against.

If you guys come up with something sexier without any logos/TMs, I'd be happy to put it up there so long as whoever creates it grants CSN indefinite royalty free use of said graphic.