CSNbbs
MVCFans - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Wichita State (/forum-620.html)
+----- Thread: MVCFans (/thread-820484.html)

MVCFans - C0|db|00ded - 06-20-2017 08:13 PM

Jesus that board's dead. I feel really sorry for those who aspire to better things but will undoubtedly circle the drain to oblivion now. I'm thinking of NIU, ISU, SwoMo, maybe Bradly. Those schools aspire to be more but they needed help. Now that we're gone they're all doomed to the same fate as Evansville and Drake. I'm hoping for a miracle. I also hope we schedule one school every year. We are not ***** like those worthless cornpone Jesuits in the only state more boring than Kansas. Let's give the top projected RPI school in the Valley (that has a decent hotel+airport) a home and home every year. I bet 3G will do it to. He's no frightened D-Bag. It'll be a tip of the ol' hat to the conference we called home for 68 years.

T

...03-cool

RE: MVCFans - Shockdaminkey - 06-20-2017 08:26 PM

(06-20-2017 08:13 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  Jesus that board's dead. I feel really sorry for those who aspire to better things but will undoubtedly circle the drain to oblivion now. I'm thinking of NIU, ISU, SwoMo, maybe Bradly. Those schools aspire to be more but they needed help. Now that we're gone they're all doomed to the same fate as Evansville and Drake. I'm hoping for a miracle. I also hope we schedule one school every year. We are not ***** like those worthless cornpone Jesuits in the only state more boring than Kansas. Let's give the top projected RPI school in the Valley (that has a decent hotel+airport) a home and home every year. I bet 3G will do it to. He's no frightened D-Bag. It'll be a tip of the ol' hat to the conference we called home for 68 years.

T

...03-cool

Agreed. we should play a quality MVC team (as long as there is one) every year. It could help bouy up the worthy, even it is just false hope for a better future someday, sorry to say. I loved the old MVC and hated to see its agonizing demise.

RE: MVCFans - SubGod22 - 06-20-2017 08:36 PM

The odds of them accepting a buy game are slim to none. Are we willing to do a H/H with one?

I'd have no problem scheduling someone that's expected to be good, but there's little to work with. I do think if SWOMO ever gets their act together they'd make a nice H/H partner much like Tulsa was. Though they were never the rival that Tulsa was either. But it's a close game for fans with some history and Springfield isn't a horrible town.

Personally, I'd love to see Bradley get it together and become what I believe they're capable of. So much potential there. Much like the 90's Shockers. They need the right leadership and the right spark but they could definitely grow into something more.

RE: MVCFans - fastbow - 06-21-2017 03:10 AM

If they could ever get good, I'd limit MVC opponents to Loyola, Bradley, and SWOMO. The rest just aren't worth it.

RE: MVCFans - ShockerFever - 06-21-2017 09:28 AM

Those Redturd fans aren't gonna know who to be jealous of now over there. Maybe they should retrofit the board and bring it back to the 80s so it gives them something to talk about.

RE: MVCFans - ShockerFever - 06-21-2017 09:30 AM

I dunno how many times I've heard Bradley and potential in the same sentence over the last decade. They may invest in basketball but it appears nobody good wants to go there. I mean they have a Gargoyle for a mascot.

I think Bradley's ship has sailed. I don't think Wardle is their savior either.

RE: MVCFans - fastbow - 06-21-2017 11:28 AM

(06-21-2017 09:30 AM)WSUbballer Wrote:  I dunno how many times I've heard Bradley and potential in the same sentence over the last decade. They may invest in basketball but it appears nobody good wants to go there. I mean they have a Gargoyle for a mascot.

I think Bradley's ship has sailed. I don't think Wardle is their savior either.

The saddest part is that you're probably right. They're in the same abyss we had to use a National Coach of the Year to emerge from, and we had a much stronger valley to help us.

RE: MVCFans - shock - 06-21-2017 11:48 AM

MVCfans is some low hanging fruit. We broke up with our once pretty girlfriend who got fat and pimply and got with a nice slice of apple pie.

I mean, if you like sucking on zits, sure, keep on keeping on with MVCFans. Me? I love apple pie.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: MVCFans - C0|db|00ded - 06-21-2017 12:14 PM

No, I'm not talking about buying an MVC team, I'm talking about playing their best every year in a home and home. It will just be another top 150 game in our OOC but it will mean a lot to all those poor bastards we left behind.

T

...03-cool

RE: MVCFans - shock - 06-21-2017 03:46 PM

But what does that have to do with the MVCFans site?