CSNbbs
Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? (/thread-822735.html)

Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - PirateTreasureNC - 07-26-2017 07:49 PM

http://www.darkhorizons.com/cameron-planning-a-new-terminator-trilogy/

I think this franchise just needs to die.

1 was good.

2 was good, but has been milked to death.

3 was a underfunded sequel with a decent plot.

4 was pretty good IMO.

5--while it answered some issues by attributing it to a multiverse aspect it was pretty bad in the grand scheme of things.

And while Arnold is "the star" its going to be harder to keep using him each time.

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - hawghiggs - 07-26-2017 10:01 PM

I wouldn't mind a new version. But I don't want Cameron making it. Let it go for a few years before rebooting it.

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - nzmorange - 07-28-2017 07:28 AM

(07-26-2017 07:49 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  http://www.darkhorizons.com/cameron-planning-a-new-terminator-trilogy/

1 was good.

4 was pretty good IMO.

5--while it answered some issues by attributing it to a multiverse aspect it was pretty bad in the grand scheme of things.

And while Arnold is "the star" its going to be harder to keep using him each time.

1 Was extremely good.
2 Was amazing
3 Was pretty good/good.
And then when 4 & 5 are eventually made, I'm sure they'll be great.

Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - vandiver49 - 07-28-2017 10:04 AM

They just need to leave the franchise alone for awhile.

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - PirateTreasureNC - 07-28-2017 10:42 AM

(07-28-2017 07:28 AM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(07-26-2017 07:49 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  http://www.darkhorizons.com/cameron-planning-a-new-terminator-trilogy/

1 was good.

4 was pretty good IMO.

1 Was extremely good.
2 Was amazing
3 Was pretty good/good.

4 was Terminator Salvation.

5 was Terminator Genesis.

4 & 5 have already been made.

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - BadgerMJ - 07-28-2017 11:04 AM

1 was good.

4 was pretty good IMO.

I have mixed thoughts. Arnie IS the terminator so if they're going to relaunch, they'd have to get the replacement perfect. At this time I don't know who it would be.

As for the movies.....

1) Sci-Fi classic
2) Easily the best of the bunch
3) It was OK, but nothing special
4) Seemed to be totally out of place in the Terminator Universe.
5) I actually liked Genisys. Would have liked them to move forward with the Matt Smith is Skynet character and let's be honest, I never tire of Emilia Clarke.... :-)

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - nzmorange - 07-28-2017 08:46 PM

(07-28-2017 10:42 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

1 was good.

4 was pretty good IMO.

1 Was extremely good.
2 Was amazing
3 Was pretty good/good.

No they haven't. They're in the works, and they're going to be great someday when they're finally made.

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - PirateTreasureNC - 07-28-2017 09:28 PM

(07-28-2017 08:46 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(07-28-2017 10:42 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

1 was good.

4 was pretty good IMO.

1 Was extremely good.
2 Was amazing
3 Was pretty good/good.

No they haven't. They're in the works, and they're going to be great someday when they're finally made.

If that lets you sleep at night then so be it.

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - HoustonCougarNation - 07-29-2017 06:04 PM

Please no can we not come up with other ideas for movies? PLEASE!!!

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - Love and Honor - 07-30-2017 09:50 AM

Just let it die. Arnold should just say "I won't be back."

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - Wolfman - 08-01-2017 10:59 PM

Unfortunately they can pour some CGI on a rehashed, mediocre script and make a bucket of cash. Nobody wants risk $100 million plus on a new venture.

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - nzmorange - 08-02-2017 10:01 PM

(07-30-2017 09:50 AM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Just let it die. Arnold should just say "I won't be back."

It died after 3.

4 was horrific, and the UN actually declared 5 a crime against humanity.

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - C2__ - 08-03-2017 01:00 AM

(08-02-2017 10:01 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(07-30-2017 09:50 AM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Just let it die. Arnold should just say "I won't be back."

It died after 3.

It should have died with 4. The name was Terminator Salvation and it should have ended with some kind of resolution like the name implies coming off of the ending for 3. The last movie made zero sense, I mean literally, it was almost impossible to follow the plot.

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - nzmorange - 08-03-2017 01:41 AM

(08-03-2017 01:00 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 10:01 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  

It died after 3.

It should have died with 4. The name was Terminator Salvation and it should have ended with some kind of resolution like the name implies coming off of the ending for 3. The last movie made zero sense, I mean literally, it was almost impossible to follow the plot.

Someone should have actually made T4 instead of the abomination that they called T4.

As for Terminator 5, I think it was made to drop on the North Koreans.

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - hawghiggs - 08-03-2017 05:44 AM

The Terminator movies need to be written sorta like Back to the Future. Where each movie plays on and in the others.

RE: Cameron wants to do another Terminator trilogy? - PirateTreasureNC - 08-11-2017 08:25 AM

http://www.darkhorizons.com/next-terminator-deals-with-t-800-appearance/

Could be a interesting starting point...