CSNbbs
USA Today predictions for the Big Ten - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big10bbs (/forum-259.html)
+---- Forum: Big 10 Conference Talk (/forum-167.html)
+---- Thread: USA Today predictions for the Big Ten (/thread-823692.html)

USA Today predictions for the Big Ten - TerpsNPhoenix - 08-09-2017 06:02 AM

Just for Big Ten

Land of 10

Actual USA Today article with all 130 teams.

USA Today

RE: USA Today predictions for the Big Ten - BadgerMJ - 08-09-2017 06:45 AM

(08-09-2017 06:02 AM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  Just for Big Ten

Land of 10

Actual USA Today article with all 130 teams.

USA Today

Seems pretty fair.

Howling from the Minny-soe-tans begins in 3....2....1....

RE: USA Today predictions for the Big Ten - TerpsNPhoenix - 08-09-2017 07:05 AM

The Minnesota pick was surprising. They pick the Terps to go 6-6. I'd love to see that happen. Most people, me included, have them at 4 wins. Schedule is pretty tough.

RE: USA Today predictions for the Big Ten - BadgerMJ - 08-09-2017 07:18 AM

(08-09-2017 07:05 AM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  The Minnesota pick was surprising. They pick the Terps to go 6-6. I'd love to see that happen. Most people, me included, have them at 4 wins. Schedule is pretty tough.

With that schedule, 6-6 for the Terps would be amazing. Good thing would be that after running that gauntlet, they should pound whoever they play in a bowl game.

Personally I'm a big fan of DJ Durkin and foresee good things happening in College Park. Definitely a program on the rise.

RE: USA Today predictions for the Big Ten - megadrone - 08-09-2017 09:02 AM

I think we (Rutgers) could pick up a conference win, either against Illinois or Purdue.

RE: USA Today predictions for the Big Ten - BadgerMJ - 08-09-2017 09:32 AM

(08-09-2017 09:02 AM)megadrone Wrote:  I think we (Rutgers) could pick up a conference win, either against Illinois or Purdue.

Most underrated move of the off season.....

Rutgers hiring Jerry Kill.

I could actually see them winning 3 games this year, those 2 plus Indiana.

RE: USA Today predictions for the Big Ten - Sparty84 - 08-12-2017 01:16 PM

Maybe with lots of luck Sparty will knock the Buckeyes off of their pedestal this year. We have history of doing that to them several times in the past. I know it could be just a fantasy after last years season, but I am keeping the faith.

RE: USA Today predictions for the Big Ten - tcufrog86 - 08-14-2017 11:16 AM

I see Minnesota losing their last 5 games, so the question is how many of the first 7 do they win. 2-1 is likely non conference as the trip to Oregon State is a tough one even though OSU isn't that great it is still a long trip and a night game. Middle Tennessee isn't an easy out either.

Then they have Maryland, @Purdue, Michigan State, and Illinois. No better than 3-1 there IMO, probably 2-2...so 4-8 prediction makes some sense.

RE: USA Today predictions for the Big Ten - TerpsNPhoenix - 08-14-2017 11:54 AM

(08-14-2017 11:16 AM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  I see Minnesota losing their last 5 games, so the question is how many of the first 7 do they win. 2-1 is likely non conference as the trip to Oregon State is a tough one even though OSU isn't that great it is still a long trip and a night game. Middle Tennessee isn't an easy out either.

Then they have Maryland, @Purdue, Michigan State, and Illinois. No better than 3-1 there IMO, probably 2-2...so 4-8 prediction makes some sense.
I don't know about only 2-2. I can see them going 3-1 pretty easy. They should win both @Purdue and Illinois. Then it's just a matter of splitting Maryland and MSU both of which they host at their place. MSU should rebound but with all the off field/off season stuff we shall see. Maryland will be better but I want to see what the defense does and all the young players.

RE: USA Today predictions for the Big Ten - tcufrog86 - 08-14-2017 04:35 PM

(08-14-2017 11:54 AM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  
(08-14-2017 11:16 AM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  I see Minnesota losing their last 5 games, so the question is how many of the first 7 do they win. 2-1 is likely non conference as the trip to Oregon State is a tough one even though OSU isn't that great it is still a long trip and a night game. Middle Tennessee isn't an easy out either.

I don't know about only 2-2. I can see them going 3-1 pretty easy. They should win both @Purdue and Illinois. Then it's just a matter of splitting Maryland and MSU both of which they host at their place. MSU should rebound but with all the off field/off season stuff we shall see. Maryland will be better but I want to see what the defense does and all the young players.

Maryland and Minnesota should be an interesting one...I don't really expect Minnesota to have much offensive firepower so the question will be if Maryland can force Minnesota to throw the ball. Last year they couldn't and the Gophers put up 229 on the ground with only 82 passing.

Maryland also turned the ball over 4 times in last year's game