CSNbbs
WAC Basketball Media Day - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: WAC Basketball Media Day (/thread-829612.html)

WAC Basketball Media Day - CrimsonPhantom - 10-10-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:The Western Athletic Conference will hold its 2017 Basketball Preview Wednesday, Oct. 11, from Denver. Each men's and women's head coach will appear live on the WAC Digital Network for an interview.

Head Coach Live Stream Interviews on the WAC Digital Network – All Times MT

9 a.m. Lew Hill, UT Rio Grande Valley
9:15 a.m. Larry Tidwell, UT Rio Grande Valley
9:30 a.m. Jacie Hoyt, Kansas City
9:45 a.m. Tracy Dildy, Chicago State
10 a.m. Kareem Richardson, Kansas City
10:15 a.m. Angela Jackson, Chicago State
10:30 a.m. Brooke Atkinson, NM State
10:45 a.m. Chris Jans, NM State
2 p.m. Suzy Barcomb, Seattle U
2:15 p.m. Jim Hayford, Seattle U
2:30 p.m. Greg McCall, CSU Bakersfield
2:45 p.m. Cathy Nixon, Utah Valley
3 p.m. Rod Barnes, CSU Bakersfield
3:15 p.m. Mark Pope, Utah Valley
3:30 p.m. Nicole Powell, Grand Canyon
3:45 p.m. Dan Majerle, Grand Canyon

http://wacsports.com/news/2017/10/2/mens-basketball-wac-basketball-preview-central.aspx

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - PojoaquePosse - 10-10-2017 03:17 PM

Why is Coach Jans not listed?

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - Clarity - 10-10-2017 03:28 PM

(10-10-2017 03:17 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  Why is Coach Jans not listed?

He's there. 10:45.

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - PojoaquePosse - 10-10-2017 05:22 PM

Hmmmm...I stared at that for 5 minutes and could not find him. I must be getting old.

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - dancingNMSUaggie - 10-10-2017 11:39 PM

I guess the WAC is leaving their star Dan Majerle last. Hurds infatuation with GCU is sickening.

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - NMSUPistolPete - 10-11-2017 06:03 AM

Well, if you look at the scheduled speaking times, Majerle (3:45 PM) gets the last word of the second session (and the day) but it does appears Jans (10:45 AM) gets the last word of the first session (before lunch); giving the media more time to Q&A these two coaches if the interview time runs over.

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - JustALopesFan - 10-11-2017 10:13 AM

Looks like GCU is projected to win the WAC with NMSU right behind them and Josh Braun taking MVP this year http://www.gculopes.com/news/2017/10/10/mens-basketball-coro-lopes-tabbed-to-lead-wac-pack.aspx

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - SeattleVandals - 10-11-2017 10:47 AM

Which coach gave Utah Valley a first place vote?

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - gleadley - 10-11-2017 12:52 PM

I enjoyed hearing from Coach Jans. Not aloof, like Menzies. Not slimy, like Weir. Was surprised he left Sidi off when talking about returning players, and didn't seem overly excited to talk about Sidi when specifically asked about him. Jans comes across as an easy guy to root for, and I'm excited to see what he does with the Aggies.

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - NMSUPistolPete - 10-11-2017 01:20 PM

(10-11-2017 12:52 PM)gleadley Wrote:  I enjoyed hearing from Coach Jans. Not aloof, like Menzies. Not slimy, like Weir. Was surprised he left Sidi off when talking about returning players, and didn't seem overly excited to talk about Sidi when specifically asked about him. Jans comes across as an easy guy to root for, and I'm excited to see what he does with the Aggies.

Ndir is still nursing last season's injury/surgery. I'm not sure Jans has a thorough assessment of Ndir's ability currently. Jans appears to be an intense guy so I'm sure he is testing his player's resolve to become a even better. In Jans first year (so far), he hasn't been willing to give his players praise without some form of critic in their game. If he recruits players with his mindset, I see NMSU becoming a very mentally tough team. The type of team like what has been built at Wichita State.

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - Clarity - 10-11-2017 02:55 PM

CSUB predicted 4th in 15-16 finished 2nd and won the tournament, predicted 3rd last year finished 1st and made the NIT final 4. I think I notice a trend :^)

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - PojoaquePosse - 10-11-2017 05:04 PM

Coach Jans looking forward to playing at GCU and dealing with the havocs. Interesting...

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - NMSUPistolPete - 10-11-2017 07:32 PM

I think Jans welcomes the challenge of going into GCU Arena. Hopefully, our veterans can ingrain into the new players the toughness needed to win in places like GCU Arena and also at CSUB's Gymnasium.

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - NMSUPistolPete - 10-11-2017 11:46 PM

Some pics of the WAC rosters.

[Image: DKhHPdsUMAA65Km.jpg:large]

[Image: MBB_Team.jpg?width=1600]

[Image: DLzz1SiUIAAxHxx.jpg:large]

[Image: DKHYXXmUEAE7w9H.jpg:large]

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - ProfScott - 10-12-2017 12:19 AM

(10-11-2017 10:47 AM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  Which coach gave Utah Valley a first place vote?
No idea, but I would guess it was Coach Jans. Since coaches cannot vote for their own teams, I am guessing the vote for NMSU came from Coach Majerle since he consistently says that the road to a WAC championship always goes through NMSU. Janes probably voted for UVU since they were the only team to beat NMSU on the Aggies home floor.

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - NMSUPistolPete - 10-12-2017 12:23 AM

(10-12-2017 12:19 AM)ProfScott Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 10:47 AM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  Which coach gave Utah Valley a first place vote?
No idea, but I would guess it was Coach Jans. Since coaches cannot vote for their own teams, I am guessing the vote for NMSU came from Coach Majerle since he consistently says that the road to a WAC championship always goes through NMSU. Janes probably voted for UVU since they were the only team to beat NMSU on the Aggies home floor.

Based on Pope's comments during his press conference session, I'm guessing it was Barnes who voted for UVU. After their 4OT game in the WAC tournament I think Barnes gained a respect for Pope's team.

RE: WAC Basketball Media Day - ProfScott - 10-12-2017 12:44 AM

(10-12-2017 12:23 AM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 12:19 AM)ProfScott Wrote:  
No idea, but I would guess it was Coach Jans. Since coaches cannot vote for their own teams, I am guessing the vote for NMSU came from Coach Majerle since he consistently says that the road to a WAC championship always goes through NMSU. Jans probably voted for UVU since they were the only team to beat NMSU on the Aggies home floor.

Based on Pope's comments during his press conference session, I'm guessing it was Barnes who voted for UVU. After their 4OT game in the WAC tournament I think Barnes gained a respect for Pope's team.
That makes sense as well.