CSNbbs
Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? (/thread-830551.html)

Pages: 1 2

Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Hokie Mark - 10-19-2017 01:28 PM

Who do you think hires Tom Jurich now that he's unemployed?

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Hallcity - 10-19-2017 02:11 PM

(10-19-2017 01:28 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Who do you think hires Tom Jurich now that he's unemployed?

He's radioactive. No college president would ever trust him.

Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Lenvillecards - 10-19-2017 02:47 PM

He'll end up somewhere, he's to good of an AD not to. His accomplishments here at UofL are remarkable. It's shame that his tenure ended this way. I'd say that he'll probably go back west, maybe to a place like Colorado State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - ken d - 10-19-2017 03:01 PM

Can anybody say Wazzou?

Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Lenvillecards - 10-19-2017 03:11 PM

(10-19-2017 03:01 PM)ken d Wrote:  Can anybody say Wazzou?

I thought that to but it seems that their current president doesn't support athletics, giving the reports & rumors as to why their AD left.

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - CardFan1 - 10-19-2017 03:58 PM

Texas was wanting him recently, if FBI clears His record, look for Him going Southwest. Too much talent to pass up and Texas needs to climb back on top.

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Bigtexnole - 10-20-2017 12:10 AM

(10-19-2017 01:28 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Who do you think hires Tom Jurich now that he's unemployed?

Fredrica Wilson said earlier.

"The dog can bark at the moon all night long, but it doesn’t become an issue until the moon barks back.'”

I thnk the moon barked and he will end up at a liberal university like U of L out in CA. Berkeley maybe?

Sorry, That quote is top notch hysterical.

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Maize - 10-22-2017 06:52 AM

(10-19-2017 02:11 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  

He's radioactive. No college president would ever trust him.

With his rehiring of Petrino and the issues with Pitino Not onetime...Not twice but three times he is radioactive to most College Administrators...especially if it is true if he refused to fire Pitino....that is the very definition of insubordination...07-coffee3

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - IHAVETRIED - 10-22-2017 10:55 AM

He has been the best College AD (Worldwide) for the last 15 years. He will do way more than fine in his next career. Tom's only fault is that he has supported his Head Coaches to the extreme.

He has faults, but don't we all. Don't we all wish we worked for someone with that commitment and enthusiasm?

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Pervis_Griffith - 10-22-2017 03:53 PM

He could set up a College Coach Consulting firm, and charge solid fees being hired by other AD's to conduct coaching searches for them.

Tons more money than just being an AD somewhere. And a lot less headache. At his age, and given what he was making at U of L, I think this is much more likely than any of the choices listed in this poll. He does this for a few years, and either sells it, or turns it over to his son to run, when he is ready to retire.

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Maize - 10-22-2017 04:44 PM

(10-22-2017 03:53 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  He could set up a College Coach Consulting firm, and charge solid fees being hired by other AD's to conduct coaching searches for them.

Tons more money than just being an AD somewhere. And a lot less headache. At his age, and given what he was making at U of L, I think this is much more likely than any of the choices listed in this poll. He does this for a few years, and either sells it, or turns it over to his son to run, when he is ready to retire.

That was the option I was looking for in the poll and it makes the most sense

Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Lenvillecards - 10-23-2017 11:09 AM

(10-22-2017 04:44 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(10-22-2017 03:53 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  He could set up a College Coach Consulting firm, and charge solid fees being hired by other AD's to conduct coaching searches for them.

That was the option I was looking for in the poll and it makes the most sense

I could see this as well & probably the most likely. Another option would be to become a conference commissioner, likely starting at the G5 area. The PAC could use new leadership however.

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Dasville - 10-23-2017 11:24 AM

I would love to see TJ strategically advising certain schools on how to erode current political power structures that actively work to suppress growth of a P5 competitor. I would love for him to go to those states that screw the competition. I think he could make a difference at Kansas or Oklahoma. He almost got it done here in Kentucky. He just got stabbed in the back.

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - ClairtonPanther - 10-23-2017 12:12 PM

He's 61. I could see him riding off in the sunset to enjoy time with his family. I'd imagine he has grandchildren that he wants to he around.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Gitanole - 10-28-2017 02:17 AM

(10-19-2017 02:11 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  He's radioactive. No college president would ever trust him.

That looks like a good bet. No NCAA or pro jobs until the FBI closes its books.
It's retirement or self-employment until then. And maybe after.

Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Lenvillecards - 10-28-2017 07:46 AM

Mayor of Louisville? Lol

Don't mixup truth from what's be reported. The BOT are just trying to come up with a cause to save a little $. A lot of his termination letter will be proven wrong, how can you have such aggressive growth & fundraising with lacking or poor leadership? Bullying & yet minimal turnover in the AD? The new Adidas deal was just praised by the interim AD Tyra. They better have an ace in the hole or they're just slinging mud.

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - CardFan1 - 10-28-2017 12:16 PM

Except for a few, the BOT and Postel are the real villians here and need to go make Pizza with Papa John.

Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - Lenvillecards - 10-28-2017 02:51 PM

(10-28-2017 12:16 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Except for a few, the BOT and Postel are the real villians here and need to go make Pizza with Papa John.

Would you put our new governor, Bevin, in that group to? He was the one who disbanded the original BOT & appointed this BOT.

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - esayem - 10-29-2017 09:46 AM

Ohhhhhhhhmmmm: UTEP, or maybe North Texas.

RE: Where will Tom Jurich wind up next? - HRFlossY - 10-30-2017 02:42 PM

Will miss Tom, but count this Louisville fan as one who thinks "Cleaning House" was necessary.05-nono

I don't think he is hired anywhere else unless it's somewhere very small. I just think he retires and lives the rest of his day in colorado.
FLossY Out...04-wine