CSNbbs
Latest info from my sources - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Latest info from my sources (/thread-830564.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Latest info from my sources - No Bull - 03-09-2018 11:53 AM

Here is what I have heard. Mountain West may be talking to Gonzaga... Gonzaga may be listening to what the Mountain west has to say. Gonzaga may consider moving from the WCC but this depends on a variety of factors... if Gonzaga leaves this may or may not effect BYU's non football sports and may or may not effect BYU's football independence.

RE: Latest info from my sources - miko33 - 03-09-2018 06:42 PM

(03-09-2018 11:53 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Here is what I have heard. Mountain West may be talking to Gonzaga... Gonzaga may be listening to what the Mountain west has to say. Gonzaga may consider moving from the WCC but this depends on a variety of factors... if Gonzaga leaves this may or may not effect BYU's non football sports and may or may not effect BYU's football independence.

Thanks for the added info, but a good dose of reality is needed in the form of a response. The vast majority of people on this board don't care of the MWC is expanding, contracting, imploding or even exploring. Let's try to keep this thread to the important expansion topics like what the P5 conferences are doing. It was a good update though - props for that. It's just not our kind of info. KWIM? Thanks in advance for your understanding.

You're welcome.

RE: Latest info from my sources - Nerdlinger - 03-09-2018 07:04 PM

(03-09-2018 06:42 PM)miko33 Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 11:53 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Here is what I have heard. Mountain West may be talking to Gonzaga... Gonzaga may be listening to what the Mountain west has to say. Gonzaga may consider moving from the WCC but this depends on a variety of factors... if Gonzaga leaves this may or may not effect BYU's non football sports and may or may not effect BYU's football independence.

Thanks for the added info, but a good dose of reality is needed in the form of a response. The vast majority of people on this board don't care of the MWC is expanding, contracting, imploding or even exploring. Let's try to keep this thread to the important expansion topics like what the P5 conferences are doing. It was a good update though - props for that. It's just not our kind of info. KWIM? Thanks in advance for your understanding.

You're welcome.

How dare he fill this thread with actual news?!

You're welcome.

RE: Latest info from my sources - billybobby777 - 03-09-2018 08:01 PM

You're welcome.

You are right. Only a measly 40 pages on the topic in 4 days. Pathetic. No one cares

RE: Latest info from my sources - Nerdlinger - 03-09-2018 08:28 PM

(03-09-2018 08:01 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

You're welcome.

You are right. Only a measly 40 pages on the topic in 4 days. Pathetic. No one cares

You forgot to end your post with "You're welcome." That's apparently a thing in this thread.

You're welcome.

RE: Latest info from my sources - billybobby777 - 03-10-2018 12:47 PM

(03-09-2018 08:28 PM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 08:01 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

You're welcome.

You forgot to end your post with "You're welcome." That's apparently a thing in this thread.

You're welcome.

Your welcome

RE: Latest info from my sources - billybobby777 - 03-10-2018 12:48 PM

How are you are doing?

RE: Latest info from my sources - No Bull - 03-12-2018 06:00 PM

You're welcome.
Oops. I thought we were talking about the P7....

You're Welcome.

RE: Latest info from my sources - No Bull - 03-16-2018 02:23 PM

word on the street today is that expansion is a definite maybe...

word up.

You're welcome.

RE: Latest info from my sources - Sellular1 - 03-17-2018 11:52 AM

(03-16-2018 02:23 PM)No Bull Wrote:  word on the street today is that expansion is a definite maybe...

word up.

You're welcome.

UMBC to the B12 COGS

Latest info from my sources - owl at the moon - 03-17-2018 12:08 PM

Due to the sensitive nature of this info I cannot risk putting it in a new thread. I’m hearing that Rice could be arranging a SpacePort meeting at NASA and something may be in the works. Also did anyone else notice that the name “Big Pi” was recently trademarked by a not-for-profit in West University Place, TX? What is not yet known is how many pieces of the pi there might be to go around.
I’m not just being a Homer.

RE: Latest info from my sources - DoubleRSU - 03-17-2018 01:17 PM

(03-17-2018 11:52 AM)Sellular1 Wrote:  
(03-16-2018 02:23 PM)No Bull Wrote:  word on the street today is that expansion is a definite maybe...

word up.

You're welcome.

UMBC to the B12 COGS

Perfect travel partner for West Virginia

RE: Latest info from my sources - miko33 - 04-19-2018 02:57 PM

Game changing update. Based on all the studies that the Big12 have completed over the past year, the conference decided that the best way to add value to their brand and payouts is to contract to 9 schools. The word is that they can generate an increase in $12 mil/school by booting one school. I'll provide more info as I get it.

You're welcome.

RE: Latest info from my sources - Nerdlinger - 04-19-2018 05:09 PM

(04-19-2018 02:57 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Game changing update. Based on all the studies that the Big12 have completed over the past year, the conference decided that the best way to add value to their brand and payouts is to contract to 9 schools. The word is that they can generate an increase in $12 mil/school by booting one school. I'll provide more info as I get it.

You're welcome.

Breaking news: to further increase the per-school payout, the Big 12 has decided to boot out everyone but UT and OU. It was a tough decision, but all schools in the conference believe it's for the best.

You're welcome.

RE: Latest info from my sources - Ohio Poly - 04-19-2018 07:47 PM

(04-19-2018 05:09 PM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  
(04-19-2018 02:57 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Game changing update. Based on all the studies that the Big12 have completed over the past year, the conference decided that the best way to add value to their brand and payouts is to contract to 9 schools. The word is that they can generate an increase in $12 mil/school by booting one school. I'll provide more info as I get it.

You're welcome.

Breaking news: to further increase the per-school payout, the Big 12 has decided to boot out everyone but UT and OU. It was a tough decision, but all schools in the conference believe it's for the best.

You're welcome.

Wouldn't per school payout be increased again by booting OU as well?

RE: Latest info from my sources - Nerdlinger - 04-19-2018 08:24 PM

(04-19-2018 07:47 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  
(04-19-2018 05:09 PM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

Wouldn't per school payout be increased again by booting OU as well?

Yes, but that will have to wait until I feel like I need make silly things up again to get more attention.

You're welcome.

RE: Latest info from my sources - Ohio Poly - 04-20-2018 07:27 AM

I kind of like the micro-conference concept. Travel costs could be low and you would generally have high conference tournament seedings and could pick up a lot of trophies.

RE: Latest info from my sources - loki_the_bubba - 04-20-2018 08:03 AM

(04-20-2018 07:27 AM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  I kind of like the micro-conference concept. Travel costs could be low and you would generally have high conference tournament seedings and could pick up a lot of trophies.

So if Rice and Houston formed a conference we wouldn't even need a bus. Just take to the light rail to downtown and switch lines to the other campus. We could even add TSU and HBU as non-football members for basketball scheduling.

You're welcome.

RE: Latest info from my sources - Wilkie01 - 04-20-2018 02:41 PM

I know of something big and its still a secret!

You're welcome 07-coffee3

[Image: d44bc0ab-0137-47d4-ad43-7fd0455939fd.jpg]

RE: Latest info from my sources - AssyrianDuke - 04-20-2018 04:08 PM

You're welcome.

Someone got a head start on today's festivities, eh? But anyway, hope they didn't pay too much for that study. Wouldn't basic math suggest that contraction would be the best way to increase revenue per school. It's like a pizza, right. If you cut the pizza for 8 people, each person gets more than if there were 12 people. Don't believe me? Try it with your next DiGiorno or Red Baron.

You're welcome.