CSNbbs
Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... (/thread-831973.html)

Pages: 1 2

Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - usmbacker - 11-01-2017 11:20 AM

[Image: swd9nl.jpg]

His rebuttal triggered the special snowflake population.

Quote:The University of Cincinnati is investigating comments a music professor made on a Muslim student’s assignment after they were shared on social media.

Among the professor’s notes: “July 4th is not the day we tape a sign to a damn stick and go out and march with smug college brats and dysphoric drama queens.”

College-Conservatory of Music Assistant Professor Clifford Adams’ comments first went public Thursday when another UC student posted a photo of the exchange on Facebook.

Fay Alwattari’s post shows that her friend wrote about the song “Walk on Water” for a class assignment: “I am a Middle Eastern Muslim female therefore Trump’s presidency and all the hate he has promoted and encouraged has impacted my family, friends, and I. This song restores my faith in America by depicting what America is really about and why we celebrate July 4th. It includes a diverse range of people from white, black, young, old, straight and gay all coming together to celebrate the birth of a country that is built off the idea of freedom.”

Adams’ responses, according to the screenshot:

[Image: 14o6gqc.jpg]

The comments were able to be seen by all students in Adams’ online “What’s Hot in Popular Music” class, according to Alwattari’s post.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/10/30/university-cincinnati-investigating-professor-s-rant-smug-college-brats-and-patriotism-muslim-studen/813141001/

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - UofMstateU - 11-01-2017 11:25 AM

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4247158]

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - UCF08 - 11-01-2017 11:27 AM

You think that's an appropriate response to what she posted?

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - CliftonAve - 11-01-2017 11:33 AM

Sorry not buying it. There's no such thing as a politically conservative professor in the music department (and btw, the Cincinnati Conservative of Music is one of the best schools for the Arts in the world, bar none).

It's my understanding that this professor is known for his sarcasm. I am under the impression that his comments were more tongue-in-cheek as a opposed to what his true feelings are (in order words, he was mocking the #MAGA crowd).

The author of this article from the Enquirer is a hard core leftist who apparently is assigned to the university beat in town. She frequently posts stories of outrage about going-ons on campus (earlier in the year she went on a diatribe about how unfair it was that the women's basketball team had to play at a high school gymnasium while the men are playing Northern Kentucky University this season while the basketball arena is under construction).

Bottom line I don't think there's much to see here.

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - UofMstateU - 11-01-2017 11:33 AM

(11-01-2017 11:27 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  You think that's an appropriate response to what she posted?

Yes. If he said anything more sternly than that then you guys would spontaneously crap your pants.

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - tennis2k4 - 11-01-2017 11:34 AM

Deplorable *******.

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - usmbacker - 11-01-2017 11:36 AM

(11-01-2017 11:33 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Sorry not buying it. There's no such thing as a politically conservative professor in the music department (and btw, the Cincinnati Conservative of Music is one of the best schools for the Arts in the world, bar none).

It's my understanding that this professor is known for his sarcasm. I am under the impression that his comments were more tongue-in-cheek as a opposed to what his true feelings are (in order words, he was mocking the #MAGA crowd).

The author of this article from the Enquirer is a hard core leftist who apparently is assigned to the university beat in town. She frequently posts stories of outrage about going-ons on campus (earlier in the year she went on a diatribe about how unfair it was that the women's basketball team had to play at a high school gymnasium while the men are playing Northern Kentucky University this season while the basketball arena is under construction).

If there is any sarcasm in that response, it is the worst attempt at sarcasm ever.

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - UCF08 - 11-01-2017 11:38 AM

(11-01-2017 11:33 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 11:27 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  You think that's an appropriate response to what she posted?

Yes. If he said anything more sternly than that then you guys would spontaneously crap your pants.

I would have thought the guy was even more of an ass, if this wasn't just an example of Poe's Law in action. Remember, the internal stereotype you have for all leftists only really exists in your head, in reality we're just people who view a few specific issues differently than you.

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - UCF08 - 11-01-2017 11:40 AM

(11-01-2017 11:36 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 11:33 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Sorry not buying it. There's no such thing as a politically conservative professor in the music department (and btw, the Cincinnati Conservative of Music is one of the best schools for the Arts in the world, bar none).

If there is any sarcasm in that response, it is the worst attempt at sarcasm ever.

Do you genuinely think a Muslim American woman should not be able to complain while in America? So the existence of worse conditions elsewhere somehow acts as a justification of the conditions here?

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - SuperFlyBCat - 11-01-2017 11:41 AM

Glad we have a UC CCM post. This man and wife were ordered to leave the USA. Both of their children were born in the USA.

[Image: 635942663313498469-LEDE-032216-STOYANOV-01.JPG]

Stoyanov, 40, talking about his life, too. He is about to be deported.

On Wednesday, he and his Bulgarian-born violinist wife and their two U.S.-born children will board a plane to Paris that connects with a flight to the Bulgarian capital of Sofia. There, they will start a new life after living almost 14 years in the United States on a series of student visas.

The U.S. government has twice denied Stoyanov's petition for him and his family to stay in this country on a permanent worker visa.

"It feels as if they just did not have the patience to look through everything and analyze it," said Stoyanov, whose filings to U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services have amounted to more than 700 pages.

"Otherwise," he said, "I cannot explain their denial."
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/03/26/violinist-ccm-graduate-and-former-adjunct-faculty-member-must-leave-us/82091612/

His family has to leave but we have a lottery for this,
[Image: DNjt0XHXUAAJObS.jpg]

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - UofMstateU - 11-01-2017 11:44 AM

(11-01-2017 11:40 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 11:36 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  

Do you genuinely think a Muslim American woman should not be able to complain while in America? So the existence of worse conditions elsewhere somehow acts as a justification of the conditions here?

Complain about what?

The economy is growing at 3%.
Unemployment is at historic low levels.
Labor participation rate is climbing.
Trump is going after mulsim doctors and imams who are performing the hideous genital mutilation of women.
Trump is going after those who are abusing muslim women.

So, if you are a muslim and you think Trump hates you, then you are likely a suicide bomber or ISIS affiliated.

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - umbluegray - 11-01-2017 11:52 AM

I think the guise of "academic freedom" held so preciously sacred by the radical left should apply in this case as well. Unless, of course, the radical left openly admits their hypocrisy.

He response, regardless of the content, is perfectly acceptable.

Right?

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - cb4029 - 11-01-2017 12:09 PM

So the music professor played the Trump crowd. Excellent.

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - umbluegray - 11-01-2017 12:16 PM

(11-01-2017 12:09 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  So the music professor played the Trump crowd. Excellent.

And in doing so he didn't play the radical leftist crowd.

Double-win!

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - UCF08 - 11-01-2017 12:32 PM

(11-01-2017 11:52 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  

I think the guise of "academic freedom" held so preciously sacred by the radical left should apply in this case as well. Unless, of course, the radical left openly admits their hypocrisy.

He response, regardless of the content, is perfectly acceptable.

Right?

I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to say here. Instead of attributing whatever you want to my justification, why not just respond to what I wrote, or have written?

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - umbluegray - 11-01-2017 12:51 PM

(11-01-2017 12:32 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  

His response, regardless of the content, is perfectly acceptable.

Right?

I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to say here. Instead of attributing whatever you want to my justification, why not just respond to what I wrote, or have written?

I apologize. I thought my response directly addressed your comment. I'm surprised it came across as ambiguous. I guess that goes to show assumptions are dangerous.

Anyway, let me see if this better explains my thoughts...

What I'm saying is that we allow filth to permeate college classrooms and on-campus groups -- under the rallying cry of "academic freedom."

We allow radical groups to engage with impunity on college campuses -- under they rallying cry of "academic freedom."

When somebody says something contrary to the leftist PC mantra the radical left plays the "my feelings are hurt" card.

Should it really go both ways or should it be consistent?

He's a college professor. He gave an alternate view in his own classroom. Granted that view was not SJW-PC approved, but doesn't he qualify for "academic freedom?"

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - UofMstateU - 11-01-2017 12:55 PM

(11-01-2017 12:51 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 12:32 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  

His response, regardless of the content, is perfectly acceptable.

Right?

I apologize. I thought my response directly addressed your comment. I'm surprised it came across as ambiguous. I guess that goes to show assumptions are dangerous.

Anyway, let me see if this better explains my thoughts...

What I'm saying is that we allow filth to permeate college classrooms and on-campus groups -- under the rallying cry of "academic freedom."

We allow radical groups to engage with impunity on college campuses -- under they rallying cry of "academic freedom."

When somebody says something contrary to the leftist PC mantra the radical left plays the "my feelings are hurt" card.

Should it really go both ways or should it be consistent?

He's a college professor. He gave an alternate view in his own classroom. Granted that view was not SJW-PC approved, but doesn't he qualify for "academic freedom?"

Level 14 Trigger Meltdown Incoming!

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - UCF08 - 11-01-2017 01:02 PM

Quote: What I'm saying is that we allow filth to permeate college classrooms and on-campus groups -- under the rallying cry of "academic freedom."

Going to stop you right there, what "filth" are you referring to here? And in what way is it being allowed to "permeate" college classrooms?

Quote: We allow radical groups to engage with impunity on college campuses -- under they rallying cry of "academic freedom."

Which groups are you referring to? In what way are they allowed? Are they provided special treatment? I genuinely don't have any idea what you're referring to.

Quote: When somebody says something contrary to the leftist PC mantra the radical left plays the "my feelings are hurt" card.

No, that's your interpretation of that, and it's something that I personally have never said/done, so I don't have any idea what it's doing here.

Quote: Should it really go both ways or should it be consistent?

You've literally provided no specifics, just vague complaints of general acceptance for ideologies you don't care for and an intolerance of ideologies you do care for on college campuses. Honestly, how is someone supposed to genuinely respond to this sort of criticism? Of course I think that colleges shouldn't arbitrarily treat ideologies differently, if that's what you're asking.
Quote: He's a college professor. He gave an alternate view in his own classroom. Granted that view was not SJW-PC approved, but doesn't he qualify for "academic freedom?"

First of all, it wasn't a genuine reaction, it was a joke that people here don't seem to get because their Overton window is so far right that berating a student on social media for daring to not like Trump seems reasonable to those of you here. Even in the set-up to this story it's clearly stated it was a facebook post that the student made and the professor commented on. If you think it's appropriate for a Professor to randomly respond with this on their students Facebook, you have some major issues with not grasping boundaries. But, again, it seems like this was all a joke that went over the heads here.

Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - Jjoey52 - 11-01-2017 01:28 PM

He better get his resume ready as he will probably not be employed there much longer, pc crowd will get him fired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Wow, A College Professor That I Can Respect...... - UCF08 - 11-01-2017 01:31 PM

(11-01-2017 01:28 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  He better get his resume ready as he will probably not be employed there much longer, pc crowd will get him fired.

And yet another conservative thinking this is real, and that it's appropriate for a professor to comment on a students facebook post they weren't mentioned in nor had anything to do with besides being their professor.