CSNbbs
Haynes fired by Kent State - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+---- Thread: Haynes fired by Kent State (/thread-834584.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Haynes fired by Kent State - Love and Honor - 11-23-2017 11:37 AM

Or rather his contract wasn't renewed it seems. Probably is to the surprise of no one, though I hope they get someone decent to replace him. Anyone coaching KSU has an uphill battle.

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - UofToledoFans - 11-23-2017 12:05 PM

Who would want to play at that stadium?

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - uakronkid - 11-23-2017 12:08 PM

KSU's president chose to attend their basketball game against Southeastern Louisiana instead of the football rivalry game against Akron. To me, that says that football is not a priority whatsoever at Kent.

Whoever they hire will not be getting any kind of support from the university.

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - Ohio Poly - 11-23-2017 05:47 PM

$400-500K

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - bobcat_backer - 11-23-2017 10:24 PM

(11-23-2017 12:08 PM)uakronkid Wrote:  KSU's president chose to attend their basketball game against Southeastern Louisiana instead of the football rivalry game against Akron. To me, that says that football is not a priority whatsoever at Kent.

Whoever they hire will not be getting any kind of support from the university.

as it turned out, it didn't really matter since they lost that game, too! lol

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - MacLord - 11-24-2017 09:48 AM

What’s Hazell up to? #Backtothefuture

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - luckyflash - 11-25-2017 09:12 AM

(11-24-2017 09:48 AM)MacLord Wrote:  What’s Hazell up to? #Backtothefuture

WR coach for the Vikings

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - Kittonhead - 11-25-2017 12:17 PM

(11-23-2017 12:08 PM)uakronkid Wrote:  KSU's president chose to attend their basketball game against Southeastern Louisiana instead of the football rivalry game against Akron. To me, that says that football is not a priority whatsoever at Kent.

Or that the president knew Haynes was going to be fired so he didn't want to bother with it.

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - epasnoopy - 11-25-2017 05:14 PM

Kent State can have Carey, we'll waive his buyout.

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - inductchuck16 - 11-26-2017 12:56 AM

(11-23-2017 12:05 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Who would want to play at that stadium?

This side of their stadium is a complete joke. High school stands. Not a good look for the MAC. They should be forced to renovate/upgrade it. On the bright side, Toledo never has to play there.

[Image: MountaindewPSU-20120929121001.jpg]

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - ColinApocalypse - 11-26-2017 02:03 AM

(11-26-2017 12:56 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(11-23-2017 12:05 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Who would want to play at that stadium?

This side of their stadium is a complete joke. High school stands. Not a good look for the MAC. They should be forced to renovate/upgrade it. On the bright side, Toledo never has to play there.

[Image: MountaindewPSU-20120929121001.jpg]

That's the type of thing you'd expect to see at a DIII school. What an embarrassment.

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - axeme - 11-26-2017 10:24 AM

03-yawn

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - ilovegymnast - 11-26-2017 11:51 AM

I just talked to President Warren and expressed your concerns about our stadium. I will have you know that she is going to make a few phone calls tomorrow and try to hire the firm that made the Atlanta Falcons stadium. She is also going to kick off a billion dollar campaign to pay for the new 70000 seat indoor stadium. We also would like to apologize for offending you and not living up to the other great MAC stadiums!! Maybe with our new stadium we can average a conference best 24000 people.

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - UofToledoFans - 11-26-2017 12:16 PM

(11-26-2017 11:51 AM)ilovegymnast Wrote:  I just talked to President Warren and expressed your concerns about our stadium. I will have you know that she is going to make a few phone calls tomorrow and try to hire the firm that made the Atlanta Falcons stadium. She is also going to kick off a billion dollar campaign to pay for the new 70000 seat indoor stadium. We also would like to apologize for offending you and not living up to the other great MAC stadiums!! Maybe with our new stadium we can average a conference best 24000 people.

At least something on par with your beloved rival Akron.

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - Kittonhead - 11-26-2017 12:51 PM

(11-26-2017 11:51 AM)ilovegymnast Wrote:  I just talked to President Warren and expressed your concerns about our stadium. I will have you know that she is going to make a few phone calls tomorrow and try to hire the firm that made the Atlanta Falcons stadium. She is also going to kick off a billion dollar campaign to pay for the new 70000 seat indoor stadium. We also would like to apologize for offending you and not living up to the other great MAC stadiums!! Maybe with our new stadium we can average a conference best 24000 people.

Go the way of Idaho and make a dome.

Multipurpose with both FB and BB playing in it.

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - Miami (Oh) Yeah ! - 11-26-2017 01:01 PM

Kent needs to drop out of the MAC. If Eastern Michigan can find resources to put toward football and basketball then so can Kent. But they don't and don't care. Good luck finding a coach who wants that mess. Ball State found a sense of commitment too. Kent even have their ESPN3 studios running yet? Last to limp to that finish line too.

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - Love and Honor - 11-26-2017 01:06 PM

(11-26-2017 12:16 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

They don't even need to be on par with Akron, they just need some basic concrete and steel. Miami's east stands are pretty basic but serviceable, if you really want to be ambitious you can add a few suites on top. If you don't want to have too much capacity then tear out those end zone stands and also make room for a football facility down the road.

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - Kittonhead - 11-26-2017 01:20 PM

(11-26-2017 01:06 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  
(11-26-2017 12:16 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

They don't even need to be on par with Akron, they just need some basic concrete and steel. Miami's east stands are pretty basic but serviceable, if you really want to be ambitious you can add a few suites on top. If you don't want to have too much capacity then tear out those end zone stands and also make room for a football facility down the road.

Kent doesn't have a football ops facility too.

Where does the the team meet? Folding chairs in the IPF?

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - Kittonhead - 11-26-2017 01:25 PM

(11-26-2017 01:01 PM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  Kent needs to drop out of the MAC. If Eastern Michigan can find resources to put toward football and basketball then so can Kent. But they don't and don't care. Good luck finding a coach who wants that mess. Ball State found a sense of commitment too. Kent even have their ESPN3 studios running yet? Last to limp to that finish line too.

Kent is taking up a valuable spot in a G5 conference.

RE: Haynes fired by Kent State - FMRocket - 11-26-2017 01:33 PM

FWIW, the home side for Dix is actually pretty nice... The away side you are focusing on is not much worse than what Ball State has... KSU allocates their revenue stream to other sports... Nothing wrong with that IMO ...