CSNbbs
Cornell - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Northeastern (/forum-687.html)
+----- Thread: Cornell (/thread-835863.html)

Cornell - NUGUY - 12-02-2017 09:48 PM

I know it was only Cornell but a win is a win. Great to see Brace catch fire. Lots of points in the paint. Red is all the way back. Only negative was Anthony's empty stat sheet. Bucknell will be a bigger test.

RE: Cornell - geewizNU - 12-03-2017 02:09 AM

NU vs Cornell highlights.

https://youtu.be/MdAAO8nohtI

Postgame...

https://youtu.be/u_5HCIaL48Y

I’ve said all long, Red staying healthy is the big key to the season. Coen admitted that they were really looking forward to Red and TJ in the backcourt last year. His injury hurt.

Now we have Red, Vasa with Occeus and Begley on defense.

Two biggies at home this week with Bucknell and Vermont.

RE: Cornell - SomebodyToLove - 12-03-2017 12:47 PM

Bucknell and Vermont will possibly be the best teams we play this season. Looking forward to seeing how our guys play at home vs them. Could use some big man play

RE: Cornell - geewizNU - 12-03-2017 06:39 PM

(12-03-2017 12:47 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  Bucknell and Vermont will possibly be the best teams we play this season. Looking forward to seeing how our guys play at home vs them. Could use some big man play

I guess you forgot NU played Stanford and Ohio State.

RE: Cornell - SomebodyToLove - 12-03-2017 09:55 PM

Well, I mean, I think they are better than Stanford. Possibly better than OSU but we will he to see how the season plays out. They both could end up around 11-13 seeds in the tourney.

RE: Cornell - NUGUY - 12-03-2017 10:01 PM

(12-03-2017 09:55 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  Well, I mean, I think they are better than Stanford. Possibly better than OSU but we will he to see how the season plays out. They both could end up around 11-13 seeds in the tourney.

What you should have said was, "Oops. I forgot about Stanford and Ohio State. My bad." (I was going to give you a pass on your post.)

RE: Cornell - geewizNU - 12-04-2017 12:26 AM

(12-03-2017 10:01 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 09:55 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  Well, I mean, I think they are better than Stanford. Possibly better than OSU but we will he to see how the season plays out. They both could end up around 11-13 seeds in the tourney.

What you should have said was, "Oops. I forgot about Stanford and Ohio State. My bad." (I was going to give you a pass on your post.)

Bingo!

Neither Bucknell or UVM are better than Stanford or OSU. C’mon.

RE: Cornell - SomebodyToLove - 12-04-2017 03:35 PM

I'm just giving some mid majors their due, don't you guys ever complain about people over looking teams like that (or us)? They are probably going to run away with the Patriot League and America East this year.

FWIW, Pomeroy rankings had both Vermont and Bucknell well ahead of Stanford last year, same as this season so far (small sample size I know). Ohio St isn't far ahead of them this season, with Vermont ahead of them last year.

Also, I said "possibly". I don't think my statement is absurb, lol

RE: Cornell - NUGUY - 12-04-2017 07:44 PM

(12-04-2017 03:35 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  I'm just giving some mid majors their due, don't you guys ever complain about people over looking teams like that (or us)? They are probably going to run away with the Patriot League and America East this year.

FWIW, Pomeroy rankings had both Vermont and Bucknell well ahead of Stanford last year, same as this season so far (small sample size I know). Ohio St isn't far ahead of them this season, with Vermont ahead of them last year.

Also, I said "possibly". I don't think my statement is absurb, lol

Stanford is dropping like a stone in the rankings because they have been losing games. They have been losing games because they are missing five players. You will see the real Stanford when they rejoin the team.

RE: Cornell - SomebodyToLove - 12-04-2017 08:25 PM

It's a silly argument, but I guess that's what message boards are for. The Stanford team we lost to is essentially the same team as the one that lost to Long Beach St.

Either way, go Huskies. I don't know much about the Pac 12

RE: Cornell - NUGUY - 12-05-2017 05:55 PM

(12-04-2017 08:25 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  It's a silly argument, but I guess that's what message boards are for. The Stanford team we lost to is essentially the same team as the one that lost to Long Beach St.

Either way, go Huskies. I don't know much about the Pac 12

Actually, it is not the same team as when we played them. They have lost more players to injuries...including another starter. They played seven guys against Long Beach and one of those seven was a walk-on.