CSNbbs
Papa John stepping down - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Papa John stepping down (/thread-838005.html)

Papa John stepping down - CardFan1 - 12-21-2017 05:00 PM

As CEO of Papa John's pizza. Blames negative NFL protests for decline in sales. Add Louisville fans to that decline too John.03-nutkick
http://www.wdrb.com/story/37121613/papa-johns-founder-out-as-ceo-weeks-after-nfl-comments

( Sent from WDRB News )

RE: Papa John stepping down - Dasville - 12-21-2017 09:25 PM

If he was truly making decisions best for the University or Louisville, he would remove his name from the Stadium and the roof. He robbed us blind. We can make so much more money as a University than the pennies he is paying for naming rights.
If he really was about what is best for the University!

RE: Papa John stepping down - Dasville - 12-21-2017 10:18 PM

Some of you have got to understand, this is the University of Louisville not a University in Louisville! We are not a toy to be played with. We were here before Papa and Pitino and Denny. Just because those fans are still alive doesn’t mean anything. You own your era and that is it. Time for Papa to move on and allow the University to make more money. He is not the face of the University.

RE: Papa John stepping down - TerryD - 12-22-2017 05:53 AM

He is an all around ass. Bye!

RE: Papa John stepping down - Maize - 12-22-2017 08:34 AM

(12-22-2017 05:53 AM)TerryD Wrote:  He is an all around ass. Bye!

Plus 2....and his pizza is AWFUL!!

RE: Papa John stepping down - Dasville - 12-22-2017 03:11 PM

In order to fix the University of Louisville you have to fix the Presidency and the BoTs.

Papa John stepping down - Lenvillecards - 12-23-2017 08:08 AM

I have wondered occasionally if this has had to do with some sort of beef Papa has with Jurich. Something like what has happened to Pasner when he missed a birthday call to a booster with an inflated head. Not the Pitino scandals but how Jurich was terminated. It seemed to be something that has been in the works for awhile & they took advantage of the situation, FBI report & a new BOT heavily dosed in misinformation & complete ignorance on the history of the university. Papa made a power play, Jurich should have made that birthday call? Two bulls butting heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Papa John stepping down - krux - 12-23-2017 09:24 AM

(12-23-2017 08:08 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  I have wondered occasionally if this has had to do with some sort of beef Papa has with Jurich. Something like what has happened to Pasner when he missed a birthday call to a booster with an inflated head. Not the Pitino scandals but how Jurich was terminated. It seemed to be something that has been in the works for awhile & they took advantage of the situation, FBI report & a new BOT heavily dosed in misinformation & complete ignorance on the history of the university. Papa made a power play, Jurich should have made that birthday call? Two bulls butting heads?

Eh, I don't think Jurich would want that bull fight. Big bank takes little bank 9/10 times.

RE: Papa John stepping down - TerryD - 12-23-2017 09:39 AM

(12-23-2017 08:08 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  I have wondered occasionally if this has had to do with some sort of beef Papa has with Jurich. Something like what has happened to Pasner when he missed a birthday call to a booster with an inflated head. Not the Pitino scandals but how Jurich was terminated. It seemed to be something that has been in the works for awhile & they took advantage of the situation, FBI report & a new BOT heavily dosed in misinformation & complete ignorance on the history of the university. Papa made a power play, Jurich should have made that birthday call? Two bulls butting heads?

Papa Johns' stock is in free fall. That may be the likely explanation for this action.

RE: Papa John stepping down - Dasville - 12-23-2017 11:13 AM

Which is worth more, the University of Louisville or Papa Johns?

RE: Papa John stepping down - CardFan1 - 12-23-2017 10:58 PM

Sales, like politics are local. When you start losing your local base, how can you cover the national one ?

RE: Papa John stepping down - ken d - 12-24-2017 11:36 AM

(12-23-2017 09:39 AM)TerryD Wrote:  

Papa Johns' stock is in free fall. That may be the likely explanation for this action.

And it was in decline long before Schattner's comments. A year ago, the stock sold at $87 per share. It was down to $68 before his comments, and now seems to have stabilized at around $56. All this at a time when the DOW is at an all time high. So something was amiss for a long time.

Does this mean he won't be doing the TV commercials anymore? What will Peyton Manning do now?