CSNbbs
NC State gives GT an early present - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: NC State gives GT an early present (/thread-838147.html)

NC State gives GT an early present - Hokie Mark - 12-22-2017 10:33 PM

The Wolfpack have added a 10th assistant coach and co-defensive-coordinator:

Quote:Stephen Wiseman @stevewisemanNC
NC State announces Ted Roof, former Duke head coach, is returning to the Triangle as the Wolfpack's newest assistant football coach. He'll begin work next month when the NCAA rule allowing a 10th assistant takes effect.
5:03 PM - Dec 22, 2017
That means at Georgia Tech the ceiling is no longer Ted Roof.

Quote:Mark Bradley @MarkBradleyAJC
Why Georgia Tech needed to move on: Ted Roof’s ceiling wasn’t high enough http://bit.ly/2BAtUq5
8:00 PM - Dec 22, 2017
Paul Johnson said there might be some coaches changes in "the dead period" - which began this evening.

RE: NC State gives GT an early present - XLance - 12-23-2017 08:26 AM

A really good pick up for State College.
PJ and Roof must have had a real falling out or somebody had to fall on their sword.
https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/georgia-tech-football/2017/12/22/16699824/defensive-coordinator-ted-roof-out-at-georgia-tech

RE: NC State gives GT an early present - Wolfman - 12-23-2017 09:33 AM

My first reaction was, "Great! Another under-performing coach for an under-performing defense."

He as also named "Assistant Head Coach." As you know, this is a title thrown out to justify a higher salary. In this case, it may be a way to establish a pecking order between co-defensive coordinators.

George Barlow is listed "Assistant Head Coach for Defense/Cornerbacks." It would appear something has to give on the Assistant Head Coach front.

In any case, this should put some pressure on the defense coaching staff.

RE: NC State gives GT an early present - GTFletch - 12-23-2017 10:22 AM

I love Ted Roof! He is a great Recruiter, But his defense under performed. When we won the OB, he wa working with our safeties.

I think he will help NC State (Recruiting and safeties)... Good pickup!

As far as Tech goes, Ted Roof was on his way out a soon at AD TSTAN & Pat Swilling found out about the locker room issues, and as soon as that was released to the media, CTR was all but gone.

As far a Tech goes for DC it will be interesting to see what Paul Johnson does!

RE: NC State gives GT an early present - msm96wolf - 12-23-2017 10:45 AM

(12-23-2017 10:22 AM)GTFletch Wrote:  I love Ted Roof! He is a great Recruiter, But his defense under performed. When we won the OB, he wa working with our safeties.

As far as Tech goes, Ted Roof was on his way out a soon at AD TSTAN & Pat Swilling found out about the locker room issues, and as soon as that was released to the media, CTR was all but gone.

I am excited about this hire. I have always like Roof and thought he was a great coach.
If there was an area on the defense that has needed improvement, it was the secondary. Much liking head coaches, sometimes a change of scenery is good for both parties.

RE: NC State gives GT an early present - copycat - 12-23-2017 11:57 AM

Ooooh everyone in the ACC Atlantic needs to practice their bubble screen play!

RE: NC State gives GT an early present - Hokie Mark - 12-23-2017 02:32 PM

(12-23-2017 10:22 AM)GTFletch Wrote:  I love Ted Roof! He is a great Recruiter, But his defense under performed. When we won the OB, he wa working with our safeties.

I read somewhere that GT was looking at the DC from App. State; I forget his name.

RE: NC State gives GT an early present - Kaplony - 12-23-2017 03:26 PM

(12-23-2017 02:32 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

I read somewhere that GT was looking at the DC from App. State; I forget his name.

Nate Woody?

I fail to see how that is much of an upgrade.

RE: NC State gives GT an early present - georgia_tech_swagger - 12-23-2017 11:16 PM

Awllllll. I will add Debbie to my card list next year. Thanks Wolfpack!