CSNbbs
Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF (/thread-838936.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - ArmoredUpKnight - 01-02-2018 07:09 AM

Several Big12 members have reached out to congratulate UCF on the Peach Bowl victory. Talks were supposedly lengthy. No confirmation that expansion was discussed.

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - esayem - 01-02-2018 07:15 AM

Big XII members? Athletes on some of the teams maybe.

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - JHS55 - 01-02-2018 07:33 AM

Yeah sure, good luck with that pipe dream, let me know how that works out for ya

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - Hokie Mark - 01-02-2018 07:42 AM

Could be true. ADs have friends in the profession. No big deal, IMO.

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - otown - 01-02-2018 08:18 AM

The crazy thing is that a rumor from certain Gator boosters is that the B1G has been in contact with UCF and are trying to make a splash in Florida. Don't know how the academics would work, but there is worrying talk in SEC country. May actually force the SEC's hand by inviting them, not because they want them, but simply to block the damage that the B1G would cause the SEC having a presence in Florida.

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - TampaTom - 01-02-2018 08:22 AM

(01-02-2018 08:18 AM)otown Wrote:  The crazy thing is that a rumor from certain Gator boosters is that the B1G has been in contact with UCF and are trying to make a splash in Florida. Don't know how the academics would work, but there is worrying talk in SEC country. May actually force the SEC's hand by inviting them, not because they want them, but simply to block the damage that the B1G would cause the SEC having a presence in Florida.

People will say I'm crazy, but maybe we should stick with where we are at?

Being in a conference is more than just about football. The American has great olympic sports, great basketball...and these are teams we are developing a history competing against.

I couldn't imagine us playing a yearly schedule against Big Ten schools.

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - JHS55 - 01-02-2018 08:32 AM

UCF
USF
UFO
what’s the difference?

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - BadgerMJ - 01-02-2018 08:40 AM

Let's pump the brakes a bit.

Before anointing them as the next best thing since sliced bread, how about having them prove something beyond 1 year?

Let's not forget that the team you're pounding your chests over are just 2 years from being 0-12, so let's just settle down.....

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - otown - 01-02-2018 08:40 AM

(01-02-2018 08:22 AM)TampaTom Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 08:18 AM)otown Wrote:  The crazy thing is that a rumor from certain Gator boosters is that the B1G has been in contact with UCF and are trying to make a splash in Florida. Don't know how the academics would work, but there is worrying talk in SEC country. May actually force the SEC's hand by inviting them, not because they want them, but simply to block the damage that the B1G would cause the SEC having a presence in Florida.

People will say I'm crazy, but maybe we should stick with where we are at?

Being in a conference is more than just about football. The American has great olympic sports, great basketball...and these are teams we are developing a history competing against.

I couldn't imagine us playing a yearly schedule against Big Ten schools.

$30 million a year is something that the school cannot turn down if they were invited to the B1G........ but it would never come to that. The SEC would offer if the B1G was serious about offering them. I feel UCF would choose the SEC over the B1G, simply because of geography.

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - otown - 01-02-2018 08:43 AM

(01-02-2018 08:40 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  Let's pump the brakes a bit.

Before anointing them as the next best thing since sliced bread, how about having them prove something beyond 1 year?

Let's not forget that the team you're pounding your chests over are just 2 years from being 0-12, so let's just settle down.....

I think you should look at the years beyond the 0-12 season. They have been quite good, have many conference championships, and now have two BCS/NY6 bowl wins in the last 5 years. There are not even that many P5 schools that can hang their hat on that accomplishment.

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - tcufrog86 - 01-02-2018 08:47 AM

TCU probably called UCF just to say hey we know what it is like to go undefeated and not get a shot at a title. Signed 13-0 2010 TCU Horned Frogs.

Call probably continued to say we know what it is like to get shafted by the CFP signed 12-1 2014 TCU Horned Frogs who completely embarrassed Ole Miss and their "landsharks" 42-3 in the Peach Bowl.

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - HeartOfDixie - 01-02-2018 08:48 AM

This...

07-coffee3

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - EvilVodka - 01-02-2018 08:59 AM

(01-02-2018 08:47 AM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  TCU probably called UCF just to say hey we know what it is like to go undefeated and not get a shot at a title. Signed 13-0 2010 TCU Horned Frogs.

Call probably continued to say we know what it is like to get shafted by the CFP signed 12-1 2014 TCU Horned Frogs who completely embarrassed Ole Miss and their "landsharks" 42-3 in the Peach Bowl.

Lol

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - EvilVodka - 01-02-2018 09:02 AM

I doubt there is any communication going on, but the Big XII could have easily grabbed UCF and South Florida a few years ago

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - BadgerMJ - 01-02-2018 09:10 AM

(01-02-2018 08:43 AM)otown Wrote:  

I think you should look at the years beyond the 0-12 season. They have been quite good, have many conference championships, and now have two BCS/NY6 bowl wins in the last 5 years. There are not even that many P5 schools that can hang their hat on that accomplishment.

Sorry, good teams don't pull a Cleveland Browns for a season.

Down years, sure, but scoring a zero takes work. Even bad teams like Kansas and Illinois managed to win at least one game.

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - TrojanCampaign - 01-02-2018 09:17 AM

(01-02-2018 08:32 AM)JHS55 Wrote:  UCF
USF
UFO
what’s the difference?

Oh how I wish I could reply with an "Aliens" meme.

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - CliftonAve - 01-02-2018 09:22 AM

Not that I think that it is happening, but teams have been added to the Power 5 with fewer accomplishments in the modern era or in one particular case, ever (no going to name names-- they know who they are).

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - Gamecock - 01-02-2018 09:42 AM

UCF wouldve been better than Rutgers

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - Zombiewoof - 01-02-2018 10:14 AM

I mean no disrespect to UCF as an institution or any of its athletics programs, but anyone who seriously believes that UCF is under consideration for a bid to the Big 10 or the SEC is delusional. I believe the Big XII should and would consider UCF whenever the conference decides to expand, but their circumstances are quite different from the Big 10 and SEC. Those two conferences will be considering schools like Oklahoma, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Clemson and Florida State. Even UCF diehards would admit that they aren't an option for conferences looking at schools like that. Again, with apologies to UCF that has an awful lot going for it, the school is not under serious consideration for expansion to the Big 10 or SEC and aren't likely to be in my lifetime.

RE: Early morning rumor: Big12 reaches out to UCF - bluesox - 01-02-2018 10:15 AM

Can’t see espn who back the sec and acc wanting to split the flordia market anymore by pumping up ucf or USF. With fox and Disney getting along do t see the upgrade happening