CSNbbs
OT: Grandson of K-State Coach Bill Snyder passes away at 22 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: OT: Grandson of K-State Coach Bill Snyder passes away at 22 (/thread-840469.html)

OT: Grandson of K-State Coach Bill Snyder passes away at 22 - CarlSmithCenter - 01-18-2018 11:46 AM

Condolences to the Snyder family, the young man was the son of Sean Snyder, Bill's son and rumored successor.

Sad story

RE: OT: Grandson of K-State Coach Bill Snyder passes away at 22 - HeartOfDixie - 01-18-2018 11:52 AM

That's terrible news.

All the best to Snyder, his son, and the rest of his family.

RE: OT: Grandson of K-State Coach Bill Snyder passes away at 22 - C2__ - 01-18-2018 12:01 PM

While I never would like to hear about someone's passing, I'm not exactly sure why it should be posted here. Now had you said Bill Synder himself had passed, I think that'd be more relevant. Or if you knew the young man personally.

It's not to be rude or anything, just that relatives of well known people die all the time as do regular people.

RE: OT: Grandson of K-State Coach Bill Snyder passes away at 22 - CarlSmithCenter - 01-18-2018 12:23 PM

(01-18-2018 12:01 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  While I never would like to hear about someone's passing, I'm not exactly sure why it should be posted here. Now had you said Bill Synder himself had passed, I think that'd be more relevant. Or if you knew the young man personally.

It's not to be rude or anything, just that relatives of well known people die all the time as do regular people.

Well, I did put "OT" in the header for the post. I thought folks on this board might find it newsworthy, particularly since Sean Snyder has been in the CFB news recently as a rumored, and somewhat controversial, successor to his father at K-State. K-State's coaching succession seems immaterial in light of this awful news, but I do think that it might have some impact if the younger Coach Snyder has to take some time away from the program as a result of this tragedy.

RE: OT: Grandson of K-State Coach Bill Snyder passes away at 22 - C2__ - 01-18-2018 12:29 PM

Okay, I'll give you a pass since I hadn't heard of that news.

RE: OT: Grandson of K-State Coach Bill Snyder passes away at 22 - SMUmustangs - 01-18-2018 12:29 PM

(01-18-2018 12:01 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  While I never would like to hear about someone's passing, I'm not exactly sure why it should be posted here. Now had you said Bill Synder himself had passed, I think that'd be more relevant. Or if you knew the young man personally.

Any death close to a famous person will make the news now days. If Saban's grandson died suddenly it would be all over the news. Also, this could effect Snyder or his son's coaching plans. I appreciate the op posting this. Likewise, pass given since you did not not know the situation

RE: OT: Grandson of K-State Coach Bill Snyder passes away at 22 - OdinFrigg - 01-18-2018 12:40 PM

Riley County police are investigating this as probable suicide, being officially classified as unintended death.

Condolences to his family and friends.