CSNbbs
What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? (/thread-840812.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - C0|db|00ded - 01-23-2018 02:38 PM

(01-23-2018 12:44 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(01-23-2018 11:54 AM)ShockerFever Wrote:  
(01-23-2018 11:36 AM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  Well if you start off with the premise that Shocktop was really that good, and the two teams SMU and UH were that bad, then it does beg the question of "what's wrong with WSU".

But Occam's Razor (simplest answer is usually the correct one) contends that premise is total BS.

WSU wasn't that good, and SMU and UH weren't that bad.

At some point, y'all need to exit that denial stage.

So Top 10 teams aren’t allowed to have 2-game skids?

Got it.

and struggled with tulsa and uconn...with the only 2 decent regular seasons wins you have had in 2 years you shot over 60% from 3

if im honest wichita is a tourney caliber team, you arent a top 10 caliber team

i said this earlier, good teams bring out your flaws...the more good teams you play the more film there is of your flaws..
i think wsu flaws have been put in the fore front..there is now scout film on how to beat you..

i know the narrative from wsu is we are playing bad...or smu got lucky..
when it should be teams are figuring us out

if you watched the houston game and familiar with what we do, their was definitely strategy in how we played ..Houston didnt play vanbeck who regular does 20 mins per for us, likely because he couldn't pressure your guards...we didnt play harris or fabian (taller skinnier big men) who are our #2 and #3 center but instead played brady and zanna who are more muscler. zanna hadnt played meaningful minutes in 7-8 games..if not for being fouled out this would have the most minutes he played all season.

Sampson came in with a plan to exploit things he saw about Wichita

Yes, Sampson had a "game plan". He also had a game plan when he came to Wichita. Perhaps you could share his pre-game evaluation of the talent on Wichita State's team prior to the 75 pt. drubbing he endured; then maybe we'll all better fully understand the occupational competencies of the twice-disgraced coach of Oklahoma, Indiana, Hou... One thing is for sure, honesty is not one of them.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/03/remembering-kelvin-sampsons-scandal-filled-past/

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7220727/oklahoma-sooners-ncaa-finds-major-violations-men-basketball

http://newsok.com/article/2927634

T

...03-cool

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - Bearcats#1 - 01-23-2018 02:40 PM

(01-23-2018 02:38 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(01-23-2018 11:36 AM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  Well if you start off with the premise that Shocktop was really that good, and the two teams SMU and UH were that bad, then it does beg the question of "what's wrong with WSU".

But Occam's Razor (simplest answer is usually the correct one) contends that premise is total BS.

Got it.

and struggled with tulsa and uconn...with the only 2 decent regular seasons wins you have had in 2 years you shot over 60% from 3

i said this earlier, good teams bring out your flaws...the more good teams you play the more film there is of your flaws..
i think wsu flaws have been put in the fore front..there is now scout film on how to beat you..

if you watched the houston game and familiar with what we do, their was definitely strategy in how we played ..Houston didnt play vanbeck who regular does 20 mins per for us, likely because he couldn't pressure your guards...we didnt play harris or fabian (taller skinnier big men) who are our #2 and #3 center but instead played brady and zanna who are more muscler. zanna hadnt played meaningful minutes in 7-8 games..if not for being fouled out this would have the most minutes he played all season.

Yes, Sampson had a "game plan". He also had a game plan when he came to Wichita. Perhaps you could share his pre-game evaluation of the talent on Wichita State's team prior to the 75 pt. drubbing he endured; then maybe we'll all better fully understand the occupational competencies of the twice-disgraced coach of Oklahoma, Indiana, Hou... One thing is for sure, honesty is not one of them.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/03/remembering-kelvin-sampsons-scandal-filled-past/

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7220727/oklahoma-sooners-ncaa-finds-major-violations-men-basketball

T

...03-cool

what's the problem?

You lost. Move one. You will lose again. Its life.

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - C0|db|00ded - 01-23-2018 02:44 PM

(01-23-2018 02:40 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

Got it.

T

...03-cool

what's the problem?

You lost. Move one. You will lose again. Its life.

Now THAT was the question my dear Watson...

T

...03-cool

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - Bearcats#1 - 01-23-2018 02:45 PM

this is done, time to close it down

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - payday - 01-23-2018 02:47 PM

They’re in the AAC now. Nothing more....

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - pesik - 01-23-2018 02:48 PM

(01-23-2018 02:26 PM)ShockerFever Wrote:  So Houston is good and seeeingly on par to Wichita State.

Well since you had fun picking apart WSU’s games and resume...

Drexel. That’s it. Nothing comes close or epically bad as that result.

Drexel.

did you not even read my response

drexel was the second game of the season with EIGHT new players ,and the first game with rob gray..

i literally said t in my post. that at this very moment id pick wsu because they are deep in experience, that houston is still figuring out with so many new inexperience players and are very clumsy..you rebuttal is look at the second game of the season????
okay your point?

Houston is dramatically better than they were when they played drexel, will be dramatically better at seasons end than now...
all our guards have finally caught up..now just leaves the bigs...breon brady had essentially 20 points in 1 half vs temple before he was injured (his first big game, 4 games ago) despite missing the entire second half was his career high...fabian white (a 4star) had 17 points, his career high 3 games ago. they are getting better each game

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - pesik - 01-23-2018 02:51 PM

Got it.

T

...03-cool

what does this at all have to do with the basketball or even the discussion...this was a pathetic troll attempt even for you

*notes sampson had a good game plan

cold: digs up old articles about his past that has nothing to do with the discussion or even basketball strategy but texting recruits ..

what did you prove??

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - ShockerFever - 01-23-2018 02:53 PM

Don’t like judging Houston on a game-by-game basis huh? You can make excuses all you want but it still counts and could be the game that keeps Houston out of the tournament.

It’s very critical to judge teams based on 2-game spans and then picking apart actual wins.

WSU isn’t a Top 10 team, at least not right now. But I’d be careful making judgment calls in the middle of the regular season.

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - payday - 01-23-2018 02:57 PM

I agree. Otherwise we might conclude they’re not even a ranked team.

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - cotton1991 - 01-23-2018 02:58 PM

(01-23-2018 02:45 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  this is done, time to close it down

Yes, posters need to save up their stuff for Thursday night's Wichita v UCF game. Wonder what the over/under will be on number of posts for that one?

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - Coog Engineer - 01-23-2018 02:59 PM

(01-23-2018 01:27 PM)ShockerFever Wrote:  

Got it.

Is Houston good? Do you think they’re a better team than WSU?

Well now I think you're confusing "talented" with "better".

Yes, Houston is good, and WSU may have more talent on their roster. But that doesn't always mean "better", and UH was absolutely better than WSU on Saturday. It wasn't even close. This is indisputable. And if WSU is as good you YOU think they are, they should never have lost to UH. That is my opinion.

But you're missing Pesik's point: that WSU was outcoached.

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - pesik - 01-23-2018 03:02 PM

(01-23-2018 02:53 PM)ShockerFever Wrote:  Don’t like judging Houston on a game-by-game basis huh? You can make excuses all you want but it still counts and could be the game that keeps Houston out of the tournament.

It’s very critical to judge teams based on 2-game spans and then picking apart actual wins.

WSU isn’t a Top 10 team, at least not right now. But I’d be careful making judgment calls in the middle of the regular season.

but it wasnt 2 games...i noted, tulsa, and noted uconn....noted your defensive stats all season

and you are comparing recent games to games at the very beginning of the season..

okay let me flip the question around ...do you think wichita can beat elite/top teams without shooting 60%+ from 3..if so why?

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - Bearcats#1 - 01-23-2018 03:02 PM

WSU needs to come to grips with this: UH imposed their will on them. WSU didn't beat themselves, UH beat them. Samson outcoached Marshal. UH took it to them and won. Nothing more, nothing less.

WSU is going to have to accept that there will be games in the AAC where the other team imposes their will on them. I don't think that happened in the MVC where if WSU did lose, they probably did beat themselves. In the AAC, there are nights you will be defeated, even with your best effort. Sometimes your best effort just isn't good enough. That's basketball in the AAC.

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - ShockerFever - 01-23-2018 03:17 PM

(01-23-2018 02:59 PM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  

Got it.

Well now I think you're confusing "talented" with "better".

Yes, Houston is good, and WSU may have more talent on their roster. But that doesn't always mean "better", and UH was absolutely better than WSU on Saturday. It wasn't even close. This is indisputable. And if WSU is as good you YOU think they are, they should never have lost to UH. That is my opinion.

But you're missing Pesik's point: that WSU was outcoached.

So you’re strictly determining a team’s worth based on head-to-head? Hm, interesting.

So did two weeks ago not matter or is recency bias a factor?

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - ShockerFever - 01-23-2018 03:22 PM

(01-23-2018 03:02 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(01-23-2018 02:53 PM)ShockerFever Wrote:  Don’t like judging Houston on a game-by-game basis huh? You can make excuses all you want but it still counts and could be the game that keeps Houston out of the tournament.

but it wasnt 2 games...i noted, tulsa, and noted uconn....noted your defensive stats all season

and you are comparing recent games to games at the very beginning of the season..

okay let me flip the question around ...do you think wichita can beat elite/top teams without shooting 60%+ from 3..if so why?

Yes.

Just because.

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - C0|db|00ded - 01-23-2018 03:28 PM

(01-23-2018 03:02 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  WSU needs to come to grips with this: UH imposed their will on them. WSU didn't beat themselves, UH beat them. Samson outcoached Marshal. UH took it to them and won. Nothing more, nothing less.

WSU is going to have to accept that there will be games in the AAC where the other team imposes their will on them. I don't think that happened in the MVC where if WSU did lose, they probably did beat themselves. In the AAC, there are nights you will be defeated, even with your best effort. Sometimes your best effort just isn't good enough. That's basketball in the AAC.

If that is true then Wichita State's current "Golden Era" will have peaked last year and we are now in decline. You see, Wichita State is (has been) a National Power program as defined by the entire college basketball world. National Powers can goof up from time to time, they can even lose hotly contested battles between other National Powers, but they don't get "imposed upon" by the likes of a Cooga.

We've been doing the imposing for the last half decade against the Flagships of the B1G, B12-2, Pac12, Gonzaga etc. Of course we slip up from time to time against the Creightons and the Houstons of the world, but so does everybody.

I keep forgetting we joined the ACC and not the AAC. It's a clash of the bball titans in America each and every night in this league; Houston, Tulsa, Tulsane, ECU, SMOO, UCF, USF... a veritable who's who of ESPN Sportcenter's nightly focus!!!111 04-bow

The Shockers just need to learn their place. That place being somewhere between ECU and Coogtown. 04-rock

T

...03-cool

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - Bearcats#1 - 01-23-2018 03:29 PM

(01-23-2018 03:28 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(01-23-2018 03:02 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  WSU needs to come to grips with this: UH imposed their will on them. WSU didn't beat themselves, UH beat them. Samson outcoached Marshal. UH took it to them and won. Nothing more, nothing less.

If that is true then Wichita State's current "Golden Era" will have peaked last year and we are now in decline. You see, Wichita State is (has been) a National Power program as defined by the entire college basketball world. National Powers can goof up from time to time, they can even lose hotly contested battles between other National Powers, but they don't get "imposed upon" by the likes of a Cooga.

We've been doing the imposing for the last half decade against the Flagships of the B1G, B12-2, Pac12, Gonzaga etc. Of course we slip up from time to time against the Creightons and the Houstons of the world, but so does everybody.

I keep forgetting we joined the ACC and not the AAC. It's a clash of the bball titans in America each and every night in this league; Houston, Tulsa, Tulsane, ECU, SMOO, UCF, USF... a veritable who's who of ESPN Sportcenter's nightly focus!!!111 04-bow

The Shockers just need to learn their place. That place being somewhere between ECU and Coogtown. 04-rock

T

...03-cool

glad you finally get it

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - C0|db|00ded - 01-23-2018 03:41 PM

(01-23-2018 03:29 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

glad you finally get it

Okay, so we're all in agreement then that Wichita State hasn't been the same team lately as in the recent past. My work is done here. 04-cheers

T

...03-cool

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - TripleA - 01-23-2018 03:50 PM

Got it.

Is Houston good? Of course. Are they better than Wichita? Not so far.

RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - payday - 01-23-2018 03:59 PM

T

...03-cool

As stated. WSU is a national power as was George Mason. A one hit wonder.