CSNbbs
C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco (/thread-841305.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - owl at the moon - 01-28-2018 08:24 AM

Nearing the midpoint of the conference season and right now it’s a 3 team race between UAB, WKU, and Rice. All three stand ‘tied’ at one loss each (though Rice sits a half game back).

Lets get you caught up to date, in case you haven’t been following game-by-game. WKU has the ‘best loss’ of the three, @UAB 79-61 (1/13). The Blazers responded by losing at home to USM the following game 80-63. Rice managed a road loss at FIU two weeks ago 68-58(1/13).

Looking forward on the schedule, WKU travels to Rice on 2/10, and Rice plays at UAB on 2/15.

WKU (and MTSU) made early appearances on the ESPNW Mid-Major Top Ten Rankings, but Rice has been the lone CUSA rep in that ranking most of this season to date (climbing to 4th before dropping to 9th after the FIU loss).

Massey has had WKU ahead of UAB and Rice pretty consistently through this year.

Wrapping up this weekend, UAB took care of business last night, slamming FAU 90-57 at home. This afternoon at 2pm CT, WKU plays at LATech, and at the same time Rice hosts ODU (ESPN3).

Lets also not forget the cluster of seven teams sitting 2 games back in the loss column. (USM,FAU,LATech,MTSU,Charlotte,UTEP,FIU) Any of them could still make a move for the top, and one of them will claim one of the four first-round byes.

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - ODUMONARCHZ1 - 01-28-2018 11:04 AM

Oh this is women's. I was really confused. I was like uh have you see rice play this year? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-N950U using CSNbbs mobile app

C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - owl at the moon - 01-28-2018 11:10 AM

(01-28-2018 11:04 AM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  Oh this is women's. I was really confused. I was like uh have you see rice play this year?

Well, not to detail the thread so early, but have YOU seen our men play? ODU is the ONLY top tier CUSA team we’ve played so far and we took your guys to OT before letting you off the hook #CatchAndRelease

I’m not expecting nearly as much competition from the Lady Monarchs this afternoon but we shall see 03-wink #ESPN3 tune it in. 2PM CT or 3PM Monarch Time

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - Doots4Dawgs - 01-28-2018 12:38 PM

Big game today! Shouldnt have lost to both the Florida teams, but thats how Luck screws ya over.

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - ODUMONARCHZ1 - 01-28-2018 01:33 PM

(01-28-2018 11:10 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  
(01-28-2018 11:04 AM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  Oh this is women's. I was really confused. I was like uh have you see rice play this year?

Well, not to detail the thread so early, but have YOU seen our men play? ODU is the ONLY top tier CUSA team we’ve played so far and we took your guys to OT before letting you off the hook #CatchAndRelease

I’m not expecting nearly as much competition from the Lady Monarchs this afternoon but we shall see 03-wink #ESPN3 tune it in. 2PM CT or 3PM Monarch Time
Fair enough. Odu women aren't good this year. I've zoned out a bit

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - Ole Blue - 01-28-2018 03:53 PM

Charlotte vs MT is a good one... 30-29 MT at halftime.

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - Doots4Dawgs - 01-28-2018 04:40 PM

I dont think ive seen a team fall down and get a call as much as WKU today. Pretty hard to get a foul called under the basket.

Not to say WKU wasnt better. They were.

C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - owl at the moon - 01-28-2018 05:32 PM

Rice 53, ODU 45. Sweated this one out as ODU led most of 2Q 3Q and down the stretch we’ll into 4th.

Until someone actually posts a WKU score I’m assuming it’s a 3-way tie for first at 6-1 all around! (Though it sounds like WKU just might have snagged their 7th today)

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - dahbeed - 01-28-2018 05:57 PM

(01-28-2018 04:40 PM)Doots4Dawgs Wrote:  I dont think ive seen a team fall down and get a call as much as WKU today. Pretty hard to get a foul called under the basket.

Not to say WKU wasnt better. They were.

When we paid off the refs so we could beat Marshall and UAB and La Tech and ODU they told us they’d throw in some women’s games too on the house. They’re just good dudes like that.

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - Ole Blue - 01-28-2018 09:11 PM

MT crushed Charlotte today... 64-45. Nice to have Alex Johnson back in sort-of form.

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - ghostofclt - 01-30-2018 07:44 AM

(01-28-2018 09:11 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  MT crushed Charlotte today... 64-45. Nice to have Alex Johnson back in sort-of form.

clt is concerned that Karen has lost this team.

C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - owl at the moon - 02-06-2018 07:31 PM

Getting ready for a big week or so among the top three.
Right now we’ve got WKU& UAB at 8-1, Rice 1/2 game back at 7-1. Everyone else is at least 3 games back at this point.
Tomorrow night Rice is at LaTech and WKU is at ODU Thursday. Saturday we’ve got potentially a big showdown at a Tudor Fieldhouse with Rice hosting WKU. Idle UAB is back in play Saturday at last place Marshall.
Should be a very interesting week of play!

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - Thegoldstandard - 02-06-2018 10:50 PM

(02-06-2018 07:31 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  Getting ready for a big week or so among the top three.
Right now we’ve got WKU& UAB at 8-1, Rice 1/2 game back at 7-1. Everyone else is at least 3 games back at this point.
Tomorrow night Rice is at LaTech and WKU is at ODU Thursday. Saturday we’ve got potentially a big showdown at a Tudor Fieldhouse with Rice hosting WKU. Idle UAB is back in play Saturday at last place Marshall.
Should be a very interesting week of play!
Rice is going to be the team to beat over the next couple of years

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - WKUFan518 - 02-07-2018 08:58 AM

What kind of schedule is this for the girls? WKU plays at home tomorrow night then turns around and play @Rice Saturday at 2:00 central time for 1st place? What sense does that make? Horrible scheduling....Meanwhile Rice plays on road tonight in Ruston (day earlier than WKU) which is a lot closer for them then it is for WKU to Houston and day early. The girls scheduling this season has been jacked up all year...I understand wanting different times then then guys and more doubleheaders but the schedule this season has been a cluster to say the least...

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - cr11owl - 02-07-2018 11:17 AM

(02-07-2018 08:58 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  What kind of schedule is this for the girls? WKU plays at home tomorrow night then turns around and play @Rice Saturday at 2:00 central time for 1st place? What sense does that make? Horrible scheduling....Meanwhile Rice plays on road tonight in Ruston (day earlier than WKU) which is a lot closer for them then it is for WKU to Houston and day early. The girls scheduling this season has been jacked up all year...I understand wanting different times then then guys and more doubleheaders but the schedule this season has been a cluster to say the least...

The day earlier is a bigger factor. The travel time between LaTech and WKU to Houston is probably negligible. It could even be shorter from WKU to Houston if our women bus to LaTech.

Thursday to Saturday turnaround isn’t that uncommon either.

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - Doots4Dawgs - 02-07-2018 09:12 PM

Rice was cooked.

C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - owl at the moon - 02-08-2018 05:35 AM

(02-07-2018 09:12 PM)Doots4Dawgs Wrote:  Rice was cooked.

To the tune of 55-75, no less.
LATech joins a Group of Five sitting 3 games back of 8-1 WKU & UAB. (joining UTEP, Charlotte, USM, MTSU). FAU’s still just a half game behind that grouping battling for the last top four bye spot.
Rice is a full game back of first. maybe we can get WKU to underestimate us based on last night’s result. We did finally get Olivia Ogwumike back so at least we’ll be full strength Saturday. We’ll need to be firing on all cylinders to have a chance, even at home.

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - WKUFan518 - 02-08-2018 08:24 AM

(02-08-2018 05:35 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  

LATech joins a Group of Five sitting 3 games back of 8-1 WKU & UAB. (joining UTEP, Charlotte, USM, MTSU). FAU’s still just a half game behind that grouping battling for the last top four bye spot.
Rice is a full game back of first. maybe we can get WKU to underestimate us based on last night’s result. We did finally get Olivia Ogwumike back so at least we’ll be full strength Saturday. We’ll need to be firing on all cylinders to have a chance, even at home.

I think you are good, we have a game tonight then a short turnaround for a Saturday afternoon game thousand miles away is a recipe for disaster...

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - Thegoldstandard - 02-08-2018 02:13 PM

(02-08-2018 08:24 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(02-08-2018 05:35 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  

I think you are good, we have a game tonight then a short turnaround for a Saturday afternoon game thousand miles away is a recipe for disaster...

But you still have the Brown sisters

RE: C-USA WBB: The Race for the #1 Seed in Frisco - KAjunRaider - 02-08-2018 02:18 PM

Odd to see MT not in the mix........

Hope we can make some noise in the tourney.