CSNbbs
Black Panther film - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Black Panther film (/thread-842169.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Black Panther film - Tulanefan32 - 02-07-2018 09:52 AM

I figured I would get a discussion going about this upcoming film. So far the reviews have been all positive. Some have even called this the greatest film ever made. I’m really excited to see it and I too believe it will at least be the greatest superhero movie ever made period. I know some people are making it a political thing because it has a predominantly African-American cast and being billed as the “first Stand alone superhero movie with a person of color” I say people just just accept that this will be the greatest story ever told on film and haters(if there are any) should probably get themselves evaluated because their white privilege is showing.

RE: Black Panther film - usmbacker - 02-07-2018 09:56 AM

(02-07-2018 09:52 AM)Tulanefan32 Wrote:  I figured I would get a discussion going about this upcoming film. So far the reviews have been all positive. Some have even called this the greatest film ever made. I’m really excited to see it and I too believe it will at least be the greatest superhero movie ever made period. I know some people are making it a political thing because it has a predominantly African-American cast and being billed as the “first Stand alone superhero movie with a person of color” I say people just just accept that this will be the greatest story ever told on film and haters(if there are any) should probably get themselves evaluated because their white privelage is showing.

If you are going to beat your chest to prove what a great SJW you are, at least learn how to spell it correctly.

RE: Black Panther film - VA49er - 02-07-2018 09:57 AM

(02-07-2018 09:52 AM)Tulanefan32 Wrote:  I figured I would get a discussion going about this upcoming film. So far the reviews have been all positive. Some have even called this the greatest film ever made. I’m really excited to see it and I too believe it will at least be the greatest superhero movie ever made period. I know some people are making it a political thing because it has a predominantly African-American cast and being billed as the “first Stand alone superhero movie with a person of color” I say people just just accept that this will be the greatest story ever told on film and haters(if there are any) should probably get themselves evaluated because their white privelage is showing.

Why would it be political and why bring up privilege? Let the movie stand on it's on. If it's good, I'll probably watch it, if it sucks, I will not watch it like I don't watch most movies that suck.

RE: Black Panther film - Tulanefan32 - 02-07-2018 10:00 AM

(02-07-2018 09:56 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  

If you are going to beat your chest to prove what a great SJW you are, at least learn how to spell it correctly.

Sometimes my phone has a mind of its own. Don’t try to make this a spelling thing and try to derail this discussion. This movie is destined for best picture at the oscars and if it does not get nominated than the protests in previous years will pale in comparison to the storm of change that would take place in Hollywood.

RE: Black Panther film - usmbacker - 02-07-2018 10:03 AM

(02-07-2018 10:00 AM)Tulanefan32 Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 09:56 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  

Sometimes my phone has a mind of its own. Don’t try to make this a spelling thing and try to derail this discussion. This movie is destined for best picture at the oscars and if it does not get nominated than the protests in previous years will pale in comparison to the storm of change that would take place in Hollywood.

As 49 said, if the movie is good, people will watch it. If it isn't, people won't. Your need to make it a SJW cause is pretty sad. As for the spelling, at least be man enough to not blame your phone. A lib is never at fault. Never fails. How are you at honoring bets?

Black Panther film - ark30inf - 02-07-2018 10:05 AM

I don't like comic book movies.

I will say, if you are going to make another comic book movie, set it in some place other than New York City or LA and try to do something different. It looks like maybe this one fits that bill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RE: Black Panther film - No Bull - 02-07-2018 10:41 AM

(02-07-2018 09:52 AM)Tulanefan32 Wrote:  I figured I would get a discussion going about this upcoming film. So far the reviews have been all positive. Some have even called this the greatest film ever made. I’m really excited to see it and I too believe it will at least be the greatest superhero movie ever made period. I know some people are making it a political thing because it has a predominantly African-American cast and being billed as the “first Stand alone superhero movie with a person of color” I say people just just accept that this will be the greatest story ever told on film and haters(if there are any) should probably get themselves evaluated because their white privilege is showing.

03-troll

RE: Black Panther film - Owl 69/70/75 - 02-07-2018 11:09 AM

My rule on movies--The more the critics like it, the less I do. And vice versa. And that works pretty much regardless of genre.

RE: Black Panther film - Kaplony - 02-07-2018 11:20 AM

(02-07-2018 10:41 AM)No Bull Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 09:52 AM)Tulanefan32 Wrote:  I figured I would get a discussion going about this upcoming film. So far the reviews have been all positive. Some have even called this the greatest film ever made. I’m really excited to see it and I too believe it will at least be the greatest superhero movie ever made period. I know some people are making it a political thing because it has a predominantly African-American cast and being billed as the “first Stand alone superhero movie with a person of color” I say people just just accept that this will be the greatest story ever told on film and haters(if there are any) should probably get themselves evaluated because their white privilege is showing.

03-troll

Exactly.

RE: Black Panther film - Attackcoog - 02-07-2018 11:35 AM

Do the critics like it because it a superhero movie carried by a person of color or is really the greatest super hero movie of all time. I’ll probably go see it, but I’m inclined to believe the critics simply “want” it to succeed. My guess is it’s as good as the typical Marvel movie...which rarely disappoint those that enjoy the genre.

RE: Black Panther film - rath v2.0 - 02-07-2018 11:51 AM

Do they play buck buck? Wait...that was the Brown Hornet.

RE: Black Panther film - Kronke - 02-07-2018 11:52 AM

The latest trend in virtue signaling, anything that panders to social justice or empowers "marginalized communities" is lauded as the "best _____ ever", even though it obviously isn't.

RE: Black Panther film - Tulanefan32 - 02-07-2018 12:04 PM

(02-07-2018 11:52 AM)Kronke Wrote:  The latest trend in virtue signaling, anything that panders to social justice or empowers "marginalized communities" is lauded as the "best _____ ever", even though it obviously isn't.

Even if you saw it and thought it was the greatest of all time, you still wouldn’t admit it. Trump will probably try to block the film from coming out but rest assured it will shatter every box office record there is and win many oscars just like Get Out will soon enough despite being labeled as “inferior” by the racists. The right can just deal with it.

RE: Black Panther film - 450bench - 02-07-2018 12:04 PM

There are American people from Africa in the film? Great. Nice.

RE: Black Panther film - Kronke - 02-07-2018 12:04 PM

(02-07-2018 12:04 PM)Tulanefan32 Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 11:52 AM)Kronke Wrote:  The latest trend in virtue signaling, anything that panders to social justice or empowers "marginalized communities" is lauded as the "best _____ ever", even though it obviously isn't.

Even if you saw it and thought it was the greatest of all time, you still wouldn’t admit it. Trump will probably try to block the film from coming out but rest assured it will shatter every box office record there is and win many oscars just like Get Out will soon enough despite being labeled as “inferior” by the racists. The right can just deal with it.

lol

RE: Black Panther film - rath v2.0 - 02-07-2018 12:08 PM

Calling this the Black Panther was certainly an interesting and purposeful (tone deaf) choice since the Black Panthers are such an interesting and inclusive political party.

What’s next? An action hero movie called the Grand Wizard about a guy who dresses in white robes and saves the downtrodden via his magical flaming cross?

RE: Black Panther film - stinkfist - 02-07-2018 12:20 PM

(02-07-2018 12:04 PM)Tulanefan32 Wrote:  

how lovely it is to see JD and corp. growing more bacteria down in who-lame land....

welcome to the place that's going to remind you over and over what it's like to own being a pacifist girly boy.....

it only took one post for you to earn your medal.....

it's nice to see St. Charles U is continuing to....[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: Black Panther film - CliftonAve - 02-07-2018 12:26 PM

Has your generation never heard of Blade or its two sequels? It was stand alone superhero movie with a person of color that came out 20 years ago (based on a Marvel comic no less).

RE: Black Panther film - SuperFlyBCat - 02-07-2018 12:26 PM

You do realize that Black Panther is a creation of 2 white guys, right?

RE: Black Panther film - SoMs Eagle - 02-07-2018 12:31 PM

A liberal film critic. The “greatest story ever told on film!” before he has even seen it. Typical. Trump colluded just because I think so.