CSNbbs
HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING (/thread-842550.html)

HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - GTFletch - 02-11-2018 04:48 PM

Good Look:

"We wanted to find out exactly how high school football players perceive the Power 5 schools, so we asked 224 recruits to grade their interest and desire in each program as if they were the number one recruit in the country (i.e. they had offers from every school). This process gave us a peek into the minds of the most important demographic: teenage football players.

[Image: brand-rankings-2_1.png?1518066526]

[Image: graph_2_orig.png]

Link:
http://picksixpreviews.com/how_to_win_in_recruiting.html

RE: HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - GTFletch - 02-11-2018 04:51 PM

I genuinely do not get the Penn State thing

HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - Lenvillecards - 02-12-2018 02:55 AM

I'm a bit surprised by Clemson at #1, Auburn & Alabama at #18 &19 & Louisville at #22. FSU is a bit lower than I expected as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - Kaplony - 02-12-2018 08:09 AM

(02-12-2018 02:55 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  I'm a bit surprised by Clemson at #1, Auburn & Alabama at #18 &19 & Louisville at #22. FSU is a bit lower than I expected as well.

I'm not. Combine one of the top football programs the past few years with fun offensive and defensive systems to play with one of the top recruiting staffs and the best social media department in college sports and it's not surprising at all.

RE: HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - georgia_tech_swagger - 02-12-2018 01:39 PM

Recruiting brands are a mix of facilities, coaches, kickbacks, and what have you won very lately.

Let's take ... say ... Miami. They won a National Championship in 2001. A recruit today was an infant when that happened, even though I still remember watching that title game. That means the recruiting shelf life on a title is less than a decade. Ouch.

HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - Lenvillecards - 02-12-2018 04:11 PM

(02-12-2018 08:09 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-12-2018 02:55 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  I'm a bit surprised by Clemson at #1, Auburn & Alabama at #18 &19 & Louisville at #22. FSU is a bit lower than I expected as well.

I'm not. Combine one of the top football programs the past few years with fun offensive and defensive systems to play with one of the top recruiting staffs and the best social media department in college sports and it's not surprising at all.

I was expecting Bama to be #1, not 19. Not surprised that Clemson is top 5. I'm surprised Louisville is 22, I thought top 30 but wasn't expecting top 25.

RE: HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - Wolfman - 02-13-2018 10:44 AM

By using ALL CAPS? 04-cheers

It's pretty much what I expected. I think Fisher was slacking the last year or two at FSU and it showed last season. I can't wait to see what A&M does in 2 years when he wants more money.

RE: HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - DawgNBama - 02-13-2018 03:00 PM

Only reason why I can think of that ‘Bama would be so low would be that the HS students feel that it would be very hard to make it as a starter on the team. Maybe they thought there was more turnover at Clemson?

RE: HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - HRFlossY - 02-14-2018 02:17 PM

(02-12-2018 02:55 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  I'm a bit surprised by Clemson at #1.

I'm not... I knew they would be top 5 for sure. The list is mostly how I would expect, but I didn't see Bama as low as that or Penn st. as high however. Maybe all the young guys now have Bama fatigue.??05-stirthepot

FLossY Out...04-wine

RE: HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - nole - 02-15-2018 04:08 PM

OK, I'm biased.

But Mich. State is a bigger football brand than FSU?

Does this not suggest this who 'study' is greatly flawed? Just dont' think those two are even in the same universe.

RE: HOW TO WIN IN RECRUITING - Kaplony - 02-15-2018 04:42 PM

(02-15-2018 04:08 PM)nole Wrote:  OK, I'm biased.

But Mich. State is a bigger football brand than FSU?

Does this not suggest this who 'study' is greatly flawed? Just dont' think those two are even in the same universe.

Given the reports on how Jimbo & Co coasted at the end I could see it. These rankings were based on interviews with current recruits. Next year's 224 surveyed could (and probably will) be totally different.