CSNbbs
Thought experiment. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Thought experiment. (/thread-843065.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Thought experiment. - Machiavelli - 02-17-2018 12:45 PM

Who cares if Kim Jung Un gets nukes. Nukes don’t kill people. People kill people.

So of course you don’t let someone who is mentally deranged get a weapon of mass destruction.

Right?????

That’s common sense????

True?

RE: Thought experiment. - Kaplony - 02-17-2018 01:14 PM

(02-17-2018 12:45 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Who cares if Kim Jung Un gets nukes. Nukes don’t kill people. People kill people.

So of course you don’t let someone who is mentally deranged get a weapon of mass destruction.

Right?????

That’s common sense????

True?

Of course.

Can you provide any links to people who want the mentally deranged to get weapons of any kind?

RE: Thought experiment. - Crebman - 02-17-2018 01:16 PM

(02-17-2018 12:45 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Who cares if Kim Jung Un gets nukes. Nukes don’t kill people. People kill people.

Right?????

That’s common sense????

True?

Do you suppose there are laws on the books in this country that prohibit the "mentally deranged" from purchasing a gun?? Along with some other groups like for instance - felons.

How is that prohibition working? About the same as people possessing illegal drugs?

RE: Thought experiment. - gdunn - 02-17-2018 01:19 PM

I blame the NRA and the fact libs don't have a Fox News.

RE: Thought experiment. - Dasville - 02-17-2018 01:20 PM

Keep experimenting Mach.

RE: Thought experiment. - miko33 - 02-17-2018 01:24 PM

Last time I checked, it's illegal for U.S. citizens to purchase or own nuclear weapons. I'm OK with that.

RE: Thought experiment. - bullet - 02-17-2018 01:29 PM

Right?????

That’s common sense????

True?

Everyone on here has said they don't want nuts to have guns. Kim Jung In is a nut.

RE: Thought experiment. - Kronke - 02-17-2018 01:55 PM

A small-caliber varmint rifle is not a "weapon of mass destruction".

[/thread]

RE: Thought experiment. - oliveandblue - 02-17-2018 02:19 PM

The catch here is that if you're crazy then you don't really care if something is illegal or not :)

RE: Thought experiment. - Bull_Is_Back - 02-17-2018 02:21 PM

[Image: 24rjsx.jpg]

RE: Thought experiment. - Dasville - 02-17-2018 02:29 PM

RE: Thought experiment. - Dasville - 02-17-2018 02:42 PM

Link fixed

RE: Thought experiment. - Machiavelli - 02-17-2018 02:46 PM

Maybe you guys don’t know it. But state gop legislatures have been making it much easier for people to purchase weapons that are mentally challenged or have been in treatment. Don’t believe me . Look it up. Jared Loughner purchased his weapons legallly. This Florida nut job Cruz purchased his guns legally. We need to tighten that shyt up. My solution. Co signers that are financially liable if something goes wrong with a gun purchase. Kind of like proof of insurance to drive a car. You don’t get it you can’t buy a weapon. We just need to tighten shyt up, but that common sense and that is in short supply now a days.

RE: Thought experiment. - VA49er - 02-17-2018 02:48 PM

(02-17-2018 01:24 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Last time I checked, it's illegal for U.S. citizens to purchase or own nuclear weapons. I'm OK with that.

Yeah, the thread is flat out stupid.

RE: Thought experiment. - blah - 02-17-2018 02:50 PM

Right?????

That’s common sense????

True?

Our government isn't good at anything. Why would you believe that they would be good at this?

The only thing I want my government to do for me is provide national defense and the only reason I want them to do that is because I can't afford to do it myself.

RE: Thought experiment. - Dasville - 02-17-2018 02:50 PM

RE: Thought experiment. - Kaplony - 02-17-2018 02:54 PM

(02-17-2018 02:46 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  [b]Maybe you guys don’t know it. But state gop legislatures have been making it much easier for people to purchase weapons that are mentally challenged or have been in treatment. Don’t believe me . Look it up.
No, I don't believe you because state law doesn't supersede federal law when it comes to guns. They can be stricter but simply cannot be less restrictive. It's called the Supremacy Clause. Look it up.

Quote:Jared Loughner purchased his weapons legallly. This Florida nut job Cruz purchased his guns legally. We need to tighten that shyt up.
And in both of your examples had someone upstream done what the Gun Control Act of 1968 allows them to do neither Loughner nor Cruz would have legally been able to purchase their firearms. Perhaps we should try and utilize the laws we have now to their fullest before we go about restricting people's rights just to give you a false sense of security.

RE: Thought experiment. - Old Dominion - 02-17-2018 03:08 PM

Trump claims to be concerned about mental health issues, but he lacks any real knowledge of how much mental health is paid for in this country, thus....
http://mainepublic.org/post/proposed-federal-budget-would-cut-many-mental-health-services

His concern seems to be primarily with drug addiction, and that's a good thing. It just doesn't go far enough.

RE: Thought experiment. - Dasville - 02-17-2018 03:15 PM

(02-17-2018 03:08 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  Trump claims to be concerned about mental health issues, but he lacks any real knowledge of how much mental health is paid for in this country, thus....
http://mainepublic.org/post/proposed-federal-budget-would-cut-many-mental-health-services

His concern seems to be primarily with drug addiction, and that's a good thing. It just doesn't go far enough.

Should we appoint a mental health zar?

RE: Thought experiment. - Paul M - 02-17-2018 03:23 PM

I don't care if any NK's have "assault style"* semi auto's.

*scary looking to pansy's.