CSNbbs
Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons (/thread-843165.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - Fort Bend Owl - 02-18-2018 05:02 PM

Al Hoffman Jr., a big-shot GOP donor from Florida, announced on Saturday that he will no longer contribute money to any candidates or groups that don’t support a ban on assault weapons for civilian use.

It's a start.

I personally would like to see a ban on the NRA endorsing political candidates. And yes, I'd be fine if similar liberal organizations were banned from the endorsement game.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - Claw - 02-18-2018 05:05 PM

Screw him. The problem is the public school system that is churning out killers.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - ericsrevenge76 - 02-18-2018 05:20 PM

(02-18-2018 05:05 PM)Claw Wrote:  Screw him. The problem is the public school system that is churning out killers.

Yep, these rifles are not a new thing, they have been around for a LONG time now. What is a new thing is so many 17 years olds suddenly feeling to need to mass murder classmates and others.

The question is what in our culture has driven these teens in their heart to now want to mass murder their own communities?

Focusing on rifles misses the whole problem.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - shere khan - 02-18-2018 05:24 PM

Make me an outlaw, I'm good with it. The police state will not take my guns. Will not happen. Dems can buy votes using the deaths of school children. That's on them.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - Kronke - 02-18-2018 05:35 PM

"Assault weapons"

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - gdunn - 02-18-2018 05:44 PM

(02-18-2018 05:02 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Al Hoffman Jr., a big-shot GOP donor from Florida, announced on Saturday that he will no longer contribute money to any candidates or groups that don’t support a ban on assault weapons for civilian use.

It's a start.

I personally would like to see a ban on the NRA endorsing political candidates. And yes, I'd be fine if similar liberal organizations were banned from the endorsement game.

I agree. Nobody should endorse politicians. Put a cap on how much they can contribute too. Across the board. Including Soros.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - Kaplony - 02-18-2018 05:50 PM

He's just as ignorant as the gun control folks.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - tanqtonic - 02-18-2018 05:57 PM

What is an "assault weapon"?

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - ark30inf - 02-18-2018 05:58 PM

(02-18-2018 05:02 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I personally would like to see a ban on the NRA endorsing political candidates. And yes, I'd be fine if similar liberal organizations were banned from the endorsement game.

Yes, lets make laws that prevent groups of American citizens from expressing their political views or asking for redress of grievances collectively.

Lets have 2nd Amendment Control AND 1st Amendment Control. Hell, lets just have Bill of Rights confiscation..for the safety of the children.

That damn Bill of Rights. Making it unsafe for Americans since 1791.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - JMUDunk - 02-18-2018 06:03 PM

(02-18-2018 05:20 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 05:05 PM)Claw Wrote:  Screw him. The problem is the public school system that is churning out killers.

Yep, these rifles are not a new thing, they have been around for a LONG time now. What is a new thing is so many 17 years olds suddenly feeling to need to mass murder classmates and others.

The question is what in our culture has driven these teens in their heart to now want to mass murder their own communities?

First, check the meds.

Second, see # 1.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - shere khan - 02-18-2018 06:03 PM

Banning long guns of any type is ridiculous. They are difficult to conceal and not as efficient as a hand gun at close range. Tiring of stupity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFoM8S3JwZU

Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - JMUDunk - 02-18-2018 06:08 PM

(02-18-2018 06:03 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Banning long guns of any type is ridiculous. They are difficult to conceal and not as efficient as a hand gun at close range. Tiring of stupity.

Damn, that dude can flat shoot! Holding aim like that? Impressive.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - Kaplony - 02-18-2018 06:13 PM

(02-18-2018 06:08 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 06:03 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Banning long guns of any type is ridiculous. They are difficult to conceal and not as efficient as a hand gun at close range. Tiring of stupity.

Jerry is a bad man.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - WKUYG - 02-18-2018 06:16 PM

I'm not a gun owner and today dont think I ever will own a gun. But you are 100% correct, something else is driving these kids to do this.....

It's call social media and the growth of being around so much violence with a click of a button that it's almost normal....taking a life doesn't seem like it such a big deal.

The first think the schools should do is make the grounds cell phone free. I can't think of one reason someone needs a phone while at school. Then block the facebook and twitter and what ever site people today use to put each other down. I know that will not stop it but it's a easy, quick, first step, to helping.

The gun is only the tool used. So do we stop all cars because people use those also to kill or hurt people. It's not the tool used that's the problem....

its 24/7 being connected or something else going on to drive these people. Like JM said...the meds doctors today are so quick to put kids on.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - shere khan - 02-18-2018 06:29 PM

(02-18-2018 06:08 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

prolly should outlaw these too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9RGnujlkI

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - Crebman - 02-18-2018 06:49 PM

Look, the man can spend his money as he sees fit.

Public schools are the culprit?? Really???

You mean parents that don't control their kids/ are unable to control themselves let alone their kids - they aren't the problem?? Nope - it's the public schools.

C'mon.....public schools are nothing but a reflection of the community they serve. Crappy part of town - normally not a good school system...

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - Old Blue - 02-18-2018 06:55 PM

Like I say, give a little now. Or give a lot more later.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - Old Dominion - 02-18-2018 07:15 PM

Miracles do happen!! We agree.

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - CrimsonPhantom - 02-18-2018 07:28 PM

I would love to know this guy's opinion on hammers:
[Image: Guns+Hammers.jpg]

RE: Big Republican donor says no more money if you support assault weapons - gdunn - 02-18-2018 07:59 PM

I pulled out my pistols, rifles, and shotguns today. Sat them on the bed with all their ammo. For good measure even put my Bowie knife there too. I told them under no circumstance were they allowed to leave the house and terrorize people. They just looked at me and said nothing. I knew they understood. I then explained that I was putting the ammo back in the ammo box and locking them in again. Not because I have a two year old, but it was for everyone's safety. I told my guns they were going back in the gun safe and being locked up. Again nothing. I know I have good guns and they understand. But it doesn't make the talks any easier. The Bowie knife understood he fell into the talk as well. After putting them up and locking all the locks again, I haven't heard a peep. Tough being a gun owner these days. Punishing my guns and putting them under lock and key for the acts of others.