CSNbbs
Malco theater and assigned seating - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: Malco theater and assigned seating (/thread-843215.html)

Malco theater and assigned seating - UofMTigerTim - 02-19-2018 11:14 AM

Went to see Black Panther (good movie) with the family and discovered the Malco theater I attend now has assigned seating. I am not a fan. If you try to reserve your seats ahead of time on-line you have to pay an extra fee.

This change pretty much ends going to the movies spontaneously because you may not get seats together with your group. Anyway I will just start waiting till the movies come out on DVD.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - salukiblue - 02-19-2018 11:20 AM

(02-19-2018 11:14 AM)UofMTigerTim Wrote:  Went to see Black Panther (good movie) with the family and discovered the Malco theater I attend now has assigned seating. I am not a fan. If you try to reserve your seats ahead of time on-line you have to pay an extra fee.

This change pretty much ends going to the movies spontaneously because you may not get seats together with your group. Anyway I will just start waiting till the movies come out on DVD.

Eh, it keeps away the a-holes who put eight jackets on a row and "save" them for the folks that stroll in during the credits.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - Tigx - 02-19-2018 12:59 PM

(02-19-2018 11:20 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(02-19-2018 11:14 AM)UofMTigerTim Wrote:  Went to see Black Panther (good movie) with the family and discovered the Malco theater I attend now has assigned seating. I am not a fan. If you try to reserve your seats ahead of time on-line you have to pay an extra fee.

Eh, it keeps away the a-holes who put eight jackets on a row and "save" them for the folks that stroll in during the credits.

Exactly right.

Think Malco is only doing this for big movies around their opening weekends. You had people waiting in line for a couple hours to get in to see Black Panther this weekend. Better this way than having a rush to get seats once the doors open.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - ddramone - 02-19-2018 02:08 PM

(02-19-2018 11:20 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

Very much agree. Prevents chaos and things like that. Actually, the assigned seating works well even if you are in line. Usually, I don't try to go to a movie opening night.....just too much chaos. That solves 80% of the problems (for me) at least.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - yakko - 02-19-2018 02:48 PM

I've been a fan of assigned seating since I first experienced it. My theater here in Madison, WI is all assigned, all the time. It's great.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - aTxTIGER - 02-19-2018 03:35 PM

Alamo Drafthouse's in austin have had it for years. It's awesome.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - geosnooker2000 - 02-19-2018 07:48 PM

(02-19-2018 03:35 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Alamo Drafthouse's in austin have had it for years. It's awesome.

It's awesome until you get assigned to the front row... I'm not paying $12 for a crick in my neck.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - JTiger - 02-20-2018 11:53 AM

I stopped going to the Collierville theater with the reclining seating because they were overselling the tickets and people would show up and not have a seat even though they have a ticket and a people make a scene. I think the assigned seating fixes that assuming they don't oversell like an airline flight.

It definitely holds up the line if you wait to buy tickets at the box office.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - pkptigers07 - 02-20-2018 10:23 PM

DVD?

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - jamammy - 02-20-2018 11:38 PM

Wow.

Did not know that.

But I doubt things have changed much.

I think it's been since 2005 or 2006 since we have been to the movies.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - aTxTIGER - 02-22-2018 04:21 PM

(02-19-2018 07:48 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(02-19-2018 03:35 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Alamo Drafthouse's in austin have had it for years. It's awesome.

It's awesome until you get assigned to the front row... I'm not paying $12 for a crick in my neck.

You get to see what seats are available before you purchase in my experience.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - AlonsoWDC - 02-22-2018 05:14 PM

I have no doubt Alamo is a fine, fine establishment, but holy sh*t the Texas d*ck-beaters won't ever shut up about it.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - AlonsoWDC - 02-22-2018 05:14 PM

Essentially, a good Texas product is ruined by awful Texas people.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - aTxTIGER - 02-23-2018 04:08 PM

(02-22-2018 05:14 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  I have no doubt Alamo is a fine, fine establishment, but holy sh*t the Texas d*ck-beaters won't ever shut up about it.

You feel better?

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - AlonsoWDC - 02-23-2018 05:54 PM

A little.

RE: Malco theater and assigned seating - aTxTIGER - 02-24-2018 09:00 AM

(02-23-2018 05:54 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  A little.

Cool. Have a nice weekend.