CSNbbs
sports icons - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: sports icons (/thread-844439.html)

sports icons - BEARCATDALE - 03-04-2018 12:52 AM

These two were my favs as a teen in the 80s. And yes, I will neg rep any dissenters.

sugar ray is a ***** who wouldn't fight a fair match so shut your pie hole. no discussion is allowed.

RE: sports icons - UCGrad1992 - 03-05-2018 10:17 PM

No argument on Walter. That dude was tough as nails. Loved that he would punish tacklers - he played much bigger than his actual frame not to mention he was one of the best, most durable running backs of all time.

This dude was the Michael Jordan of my era growing up. Loved watching the Dr. play.

[Image: JuliusErving.jpeg]

Has there ever been another player that single-handedly transformed his sport as much as "The Great One?"

[Image: wayne-gretzky-and-evening-with-the-great-one.jpg]

To me, this is who you define as a football player. He could intimidate with his physical play and toughness. Ronnie Lott, one of the best to ever play the game...

[Image: 81451096-san-francisco-49ers-ronnie-lott.jpg.jpg]

The Ryan Express. Please, 'nuff said!

[Image: x170131_Nolan-Ryan.png.pagespeed.ic.2QeEh95eTm.jpg]

1980 Winter Olympics. Eric Heiden won 5 gold medals. He. Was. A. Beast. USA! USA! USA!

[Image: eric.jpg]

RE: sports icons - BadgerMJ - 03-06-2018 07:31 AM

(03-04-2018 12:52 AM)BEARCATDALE Wrote:  These two were my favs as a teen in the 80s. And yes, I will neg rep any dissenters.

sugar ray is a ***** who wouldn't fight a fair match so shut your pie hole. no discussion is allowed.

I personally would define icon as a person who you either HAD to watch or when the game was on was must see TV.

With that in mind, the guys who fit that bill for me were......

Michael Jordan - I used to love the NBA and he was the reason. Bulls games were must see TV.

Brett Favre - You had to watch Packer games because you never knew what he was going to do. Add in the fact that he seemed to genuinely enjoy the game and had fun playing, and it was appointment TV.

Frank Thomas - He didn't get the name the Big Hurt for no reason. When he came to the plate, you stopped to watch because you knew the next pitch could be the one he just crushes into center field. The guy could flat out hit and when he did, they weren't bloop singles.

RE: sports icons - Lush - 03-06-2018 08:51 PM

since my brother liked michael....

RE: sports icons - Side Show Joe - 03-06-2018 08:52 PM

I'm from Houston. It's all about the #34s...