CSNbbs
Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates (/thread-844583.html)

Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - Bull_Is_Back - 03-05-2018 06:32 PM

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10595

Quote:Duke University recently informed incoming freshmen that they will not be allowed to select specific roommates because the school fears they will choose individuals with "similar backgrounds to their own."

The letter asserted that the school's approach is driven by a desire to promote diversity, though it did concede that "lifestyle preferences" such as sleep schedules will be taken into account when assigning roommates.

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - stinkfist - 03-05-2018 06:51 PM

that should help ease tension....

I've truly inherited dipshite land....

give me a roomie that I simply want to beat living shite out of or berate minute by minute....

what the foKKK.....that's just goddammmed fk'n retarded.....

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - EigenEagle - 03-05-2018 06:51 PM

This will last until "students of color" start demanding they have their own housing to be free from the trauma of being around white people.

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - banker - 03-05-2018 07:56 PM

Don't care if it impacts your ability to perform well in the classroom, only care that you become diverse.

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - bullet - 03-06-2018 11:05 AM

(03-05-2018 06:51 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  that should help ease tension....

give me a roomie that I simply want to beat living shite out of or berate minute by minute....

Exactly!!!

They are living with these people.

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - Fo Shizzle - 03-07-2018 06:45 AM

I can't think of a place where this could work outside of Duke...maybe Stanford? The student population is already diverse due to the large number of foreign students. That being said...This is retarded as it gets.

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - stinkfist - 03-07-2018 06:54 AM

(03-06-2018 11:05 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(03-05-2018 06:51 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  that should help ease tension....

Exactly!!!

They are living with these people.

there's a reason I never lived the dorm life.....was always off campus except for my first semester that was walking distance in an apt. complex....

as a 100% white/straight guy, I chose a roomie that was gay.....you know why??? b/c I was banging the shite out my gf at that time and knew he would go downstairs and hang out with the other gay folk downstairs when she came over......how 'bout dem apples dippos???

was always renting a house after that....

I didn't play well with weak-minded pc people at that age.....hell, that still applies to this day....

when I left the nest, controlling my path became my responsibility.....

#neverlookedback

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - TigerBlue4Ever - 03-07-2018 07:39 AM

It was just a matter of time before the lefts cries for tolerance, inclusion and diversity turned into demands and forcing these things on people. You will be tolerant or else!!!

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - EverRespect - 03-07-2018 08:25 AM

I lucked out and had a great roommate freshman year and stuck with him in year 2. I had my own pad off campus years 3 and 4. That was back when a 1-bedroom apartment went for about $450 per month. I feel sorry for the normal kids today. Noway they could pull that off with the same shithole renting for $1,200 per month... and I'm not that old.

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - stinkfist - 03-07-2018 08:39 AM

(03-07-2018 08:25 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  I lucked out and had a great roommate freshman year and stuck with him in year 2. I had my own pad off campus years 3 and 4. That was back when a 1-bedroom apartment went for about $450 per month. I feel sorry for the normal kids today. Noway they could pull that off with the same shithole renting for $1,200 per month... and I'm not that old.

it's 300 min/bedroom in the 'burg...

I have no clue why I continue to feed my daughter benjis every other week....and she works her arse off....

we went out to eat last night.....she got another dose of 'head on a swivel due to social media, or all this money goes to shite if ya fk it up'.....she laughed b/c she knew I know she's capable and competent.....

that's what this dad that worries about their child living in today's world does....

oh yeah, she never brings her phone to the floor when we're together.....and I got her one when she was 7.......hmmmmmmmm, it's amazing what happens when you train them young and put consequences in play if they 'rock the bus'....

there's no guarantee who you end up with these days.....hell, there wasn't 35 yrs. ago when I left....

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - EverRespect - 03-07-2018 08:49 AM

(03-07-2018 08:39 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(03-07-2018 08:25 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  I lucked out and had a great roommate freshman year and stuck with him in year 2. I had my own pad off campus years 3 and 4. That was back when a 1-bedroom apartment went for about $450 per month. I feel sorry for the normal kids today. Noway they could pull that off with the same shithole renting for $1,200 per month... and I'm not that old.

I have no clue why I continue to feed my daughter benjis every other week....and she works her arse off....

we went out to eat last night.....she got another dose of 'head on a swivel due to social media, or all this money goes to shite if ya fk it up'.....she laughed b/c she knew I know she's capable and competent.....

that's what this dad that worries about their child living in today's world does....

oh yeah, she never brings her phone to the floor when we're together.....and I got her one when she was 7.......hmmmmmmmm, it's amazing what happens when you train them young and put consequences in play if they 'rock the bus'....

there's no guarantee who you end up with these days.....hell, there wasn't 35 yrs. ago when I left....

Yeah, my 9-year old son has a phone (cheap Trackfone with internet) and he never uses it. He got one because we just dropped after school care and gave him a house key and free reign after school. Since the first week he had it, I've never seen it come out of his bookbag. It is my 2-year old girl (middle child) I'm worried about. She isn't as bright as my son and doesn't respond to discipline like he did at all. She is pretty though so I think if I can keep her off drugs and train her to become a real traditionalist woman, she'll marry up and be ok.

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - stinkfist - 03-07-2018 09:00 AM

(03-07-2018 08:49 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(03-07-2018 08:39 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

Yeah, my 9-year old son has a phone (cheap Trackfone with internet) and he never uses it. He got one because we just dropped after school care and gave him a house key and free reign after school. Since the first week he had it, I've never seen it come out of his bookbag. It is my 2-year old girl (middle child) I'm worried about. She isn't as bright as my son and doesn't respond to discipline like he did at all. She is pretty though so I think if I can keep her off drugs and train her to become a real traditionalist woman, she'll marry up and be ok.

that's XACLY! what I did.....I got her a pos phone with limited mins. and text (internet wasn't functional via phone 12 yrs ago...)

it was strictly for emergencies, simple communication when req'd, and teaching responsibility.....if she exceed the limit or lost it, she lost privileges.....

she never failed me.....still hasn't to date....

start training as young as you can.....never give up on your kids is my motto.....never enable poor behavior, pay attention, and modify as req'd.....

they're inheriting a world of instantaneous communicable lunacy w/o restriction.....the only playbook I saw was tell them straight up vs. pacification.....

the latter is a loser every time.....

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - BadgerMJ - 03-07-2018 10:57 AM

(03-05-2018 06:32 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10595

Quote:Duke University recently informed incoming freshmen that they will not be allowed to select specific roommates because the school fears they will choose individuals with "similar backgrounds to their own."

The letter asserted that the school's approach is driven by a desire to promote diversity, though it did concede that "lifestyle preferences" such as sleep schedules will be taken into account when assigning roommates.

So on one hand we have progressives saying a 19 year old isn't mature enough to pick out their own roommate while the other hand is telling us that 17 year olds in Florida have absolute moral authority to tell us what the country's policy should be on the second amendment and firearms.

Interesting.......

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - UTSAMarineVet09 - 03-07-2018 11:00 AM

While I think this is retarded, its a Duke and a private university. They can do whatever the fudge they want.

RE: Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - gdunn - 03-07-2018 11:42 AM

So 19 year olds can't decide who to room with but we should let 16 year olds who eat Tide Pods willingly, vote.

Duke has decided that 19+yo's are not mature enough to pick their own roomates - JMUDunk - 03-07-2018 11:42 AM

(03-07-2018 11:00 AM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  While I think this is retarded, its a Duke and a private university. They can do whatever the fudge they want.

True. And by the same token, when my kid was on the wait list a year ago, and this idiotic nonsense was already in full swing, I simply looked dead eyed, said that ain’ happenin’.

We always had one understanding on the subject-in state, where we’re already invested in the system, or it’s on their dime.

They can get brainwashed just as easily on the home turf as they can in Raleigh-Durham...